e.l.f. 32 Piece Eyeshadow Palette

ADD IMAGE
ADD TO COLLECTION

Mummyof2boys
Mar 15, 2015

Love the colours!! They are so pretty

louisaf
Mar 04, 2015

I bought this product for me but the girls took it over to dress up. it's not a bad product many bright vibrant colours to choose from. it is also a great prise you can't go wrong with this.

Mar 04, 2015

i found the palettes to be very misleading, the top layer of colour was far different then the underlying color, and it took a large quantity to achieve colour, even when using good quality brushes.

samanthaxi
Feb 27, 2015

Use it almost everyday to capture a neutral or natural earthy tones to my eyes, really warm and captivating for brown eyes! The coloured eyeshadows are great for special occasion or for getting dressy or artsy. Love this pallette!

awefilled
May 12, 2014

This is a great palette for beginners, and for those who want to experiment with some colors without spending a lot. Some of the colors are really pigmented, others are chalky with no color. Its a hit or miss palette, but there are some bright and neutral shades that have a good color pay off. I probably would not take this travelling because the plastic packaging is not very sturdy.

littlelolabeans
Feb 17, 2014

Eyeshadow for every occasion! You cannot go wrong with the palette. There are so many options, you're almost tempted to change your eyeshadow multiple times per day just to be able to try them all! They go on smooth and last long, and always bring compliments!

suigeneris
Sep 22, 2012

Originally, I bought this since I wanted to dabble in makeup, so I wanted a fairly large and inexpensive palette where I could just play around with looks and "get a hang" of applying eyeshadow. It's $5 USD on the E.L.F. website, but since I only wanted to buy this, I didn't want to spend three times the amount on shipping, so I looked around and found this at Winners (albeit at $10 CAD).

The entire palette looks pretty small, but considering how much eyeshadow you use per application and such, it should be able to last a long time. I got the "Cool" version since it had a wider selection of colors (unlike "Warm", which was basically all neutrals), but upon examination, since there are so many colors, it might be a bit difficult to find a group of appropriate, color-matching eyeshadow colors to apply together.

As I said, I'm a newbie to eyeshadows, and I've never tried other eyeshadows yet (though I have some other eyeshadows that are lying around, but untouched for now), so I'm not really sure about the relative quality of E.L.F.'s eyeshadows. This "Cool" set contains a good number of shimmers, but unfortunately the shimmers have a lot of fallout and are less pigmented than the other colors. On the other hand, the non-shimmer colors have pretty decent pigmentation and also have some fallout (but it's manageable). These eyeshadows also seem to be able to blend quite well.

Since I was just experimenting with this product, I literally removed it 5 minutes after application, so I can't comment on its staying power. I sometimes used a primer underneath, but within the short period of time for application, I couldn't really tell the difference the primer made to the eyeshadows.

I would recommend this to makeup newbies or people looking to just be creative and play around with colors/looks. I think that with a good primer and good application skills, it's possible to make it last for a few hours, but I'd recommend reading other people's reviews if you really want it for a "day look" (and not just experimenting with it). If you don't want to spend $10 on it at Winners, then I'd suggest waiting for a sale at the E.L.F. website (there's plenty of those), and then having a number of E.L.F. products shipped to you.

kathleenyu
Jan 23, 2011

I recently bought E.L.F's 32 pc eyeshadow palette because for $5 you get 32 eyeshadows, and that is pretty darn tempting! I always buy from E.L.F. anyways, so I waited until there was a coupon code I wanted to use to buy this palette, and tons of other things as well - I just hate the shipping cost though.... :) Okay, so lets move on to the actual product. I think that for $5, this palette is worth it, because you get a lot of eyeshadows. The eye shadows are nice and pigmented, ranging from shimmer, satin, glittery, to matte finishes so you get a combination of finishes and colors in here. However, I felt that a lot of the colors were kind of boring or just did not suit my tastes. Call me picky, I know I have a lot of palettes, but I really wanted to love this one. I love the size of the palette, its definitely portable, which I need because I travel quite a lot. But I felt that some colors were very boring and some were wayy too similar to each other. For example, the browns in a palette are the most important part to me, why? because they are my "everyday" colors and colors that I wear the most. I wanted to see atleast a shimmering taupe color, maybe a more cool toned brown, how about a deep plum color?- more neutrals please! The browns were mostly warm toned, like coppery tones...they definitely lacked more cool toned browns. They threw in some bright colors like blue and purple which is nice and fun. In my opinion too many greys, I mean, some even looked the same-except that one way matte, and one was shimmer. Though I think this palette is great for beginners and those who are starting out- I really think it is lacking some shades. For $5 its worth a try, but it just didn't work too well for me due to the shades. I would recommend probably looking into their Beauty Encyclopedias instead. Thanks for reading, and hope this helps!

xoxo,

OceanSunrise has posted in the forum topic
FREE — DuraHook Coat Hook

kjt641 has posted in the forum topic
Is anyone else signed up on FreeEats?

Benefit Cosmetics Benetint