Klean Kanteen Bottles Reviews

Ranked #921 out of 987 in Misc

Whether you're heading out for a short hike or giving that big presentation at work, the 18oz Kanteen Stainless Steel Water Bottle with Sports Cap from Klean Kanteen holds enough to keep you hydrated, but is also small and compact so it fits easily into your bag, pack or briefcase.

March 21, 2009

I am very happy with this product. I recently decided to make the switch to a stainless steel water bottle because I always need to have water with me (one of my weird obsessions, I cannot have a purse that is too small to fit a water bottle lol) and I did not like the idea of plastic (re-usable) bottles leaching chemicals into my body, or the idea of plastic (throw-away) bottles filling landfills because of my need for water.

I did my research for a while and decided that the Klean Kanteen was the bottle I wanted. The other leading brand is SIGG, which are Swiss made and of very high quality. However SIGG water bottles are made of aluminum and have a coating on the inside which I have heard can also leach toxins into your body. The Klean Kanteen on the other hand is completely stainless steel, and does not have any artificial coatings on the inside. While the SIGG water bottles are slightly lighter than the Klean Kanteen, it’s not by much, and carrying a water bottle around is heavy anyway, so I think this is a minor issue. The only small complaint I have about my Klean Kanteen is that the logo is flaking off, which makes my bottle look old and kind of sad. I wish it would stay on, but I don't think this is too big a deal.

The water bottles range in size and price. I got the 27 oz for about 20 bucks, but they also have smaller and bigger bottles. I have the loop cap, so I can clip put it into my backpack for example, but they also have flat caps and sport caps (the kind you have to suck). They have also recently come out with colored bottles, which are cool. The SIGG water bottles have really pretty designs as well, but again you have to make the personal decision as to which brand is better for you.

The bottles are relatively easy to find now; you can find them at health food stores, or I got mind at Europe Bound. They are pricey when you think you are spending 20 dollars for a water bottle, but in the long run you are saving so much money because you are not constantly buying plastic bottles of water for $1.25. You get a return on this investment almost immediately if you drink a lot of water everyday.

Overall, I would recommend this bottle to everyone, because it is a very environmentally conscious, cost effective, and a healthy choice all around.

October 21, 2008

This bottle is awesome. I bought the 18-ounce one in Moss Green from my school a little while after hearing about chemicals leaching into water in plastic bottles, etc. etc. I used to be addicted to water bottles and I still use them sometimes, but I feel a lot better about using the Klean Kanteen.

I've had one bad experience with it -- I put it in the freezer, which voids the warranty, and I need to experiment with a hammer before the bottom will go flat again (right now it can't stand up normally). I also wish they would come up with a spout or something so that you don't have to drink right from the top of the bottle, which is pretty wide (a few centimetres across) when you're used to disposable water bottles. Overall, though, it's a great buy -- if I can't fix the one I have, I wouldn't mind buying another one.

August 18, 2008

Greetings!

I have 2 Klean Kanteen bottles (27oz and 40 oz bottles) and I love it. This is a good water bottle alternative and of course eco-friendly. I use it primarily when I go to my yoga class or doing errands in town. The 40oz bottle is good if don't want to fill up your bottle midday or specially in a 90 mins hot yoga class that would really help.
Pros - Easy to clean, use a baby bottle brush
The mouth is wide, can load ice cube easily compare to SIGG
Price is cheaper than Sigg bottles but still very good.

Cons for both SIGG and KLean Kanteen bottles - It gets ding ( dented) easily if you drop it.
Everyone I know that carries either brand experienced the same thing.

But I bought a Made by BUILT NY - Klean Kanteen Neoprene Sleeve also from running free and it keeps your water colder and it prevents from getting "ding". The sleeve can also be used for SIGG bottles.