LUSH Buffy the Backside Slayer Body Bar

LUSH Buffy the Backside Slayer Body Bar Reviews

Ranked #335 out of 843 in Bath & Body

Massage our Buffy body butter all over your wet skin in the bath or shower to make you softer and smooth to the touch, paying special attention to your backside. We add ground rice, almonds and beans to Buffy to act as exfoliants; the rough textures eliminate lumps and bumps and sloughs away dry skin cells to reveal brighter, fresher looking skin. Rinse off the exfoliating bits and pat yourself dry. There's no need for body lotion after a Buffy slaying session, because the cocoa and shea butters keep your skin beautifully smooth, moisturized and soft to the touch.

October 03, 2016

The name may be hilarious, but this product is no joke! Buffy the Backside Slayer is a body bar that has become a cult classic in the Lush collection. They've even come out with a second, larger size for those who truly love it.

The body bars are something you take with you in the shower to buff and moisturize while your skin is still wet. Buffy the Backside Slayer is made more specifically for the backside, hence its name, but you can use it wherever you want! The bar is nice and square, with one side containing little grooves. The bar also contains things like ground rice and almonds to help aid in exfoliation, but it's not so gritty that it will irritate sensitive skin.

The smell is gorgeous. It smells a lot like shea butter, which is also a key ingredient, and is a great moisturizer. Although the bar has an exfoliating effect, it also melts against wet skin, hydrating it really well. After stepping out of the shower, I didn't feel the need to use body lotion as my skin already had a tangible veil of moisture on it. It felt very smooth and silky, and continued to feel this way for the rest of the day.

This is an excellent product, perfect for those looking to pack in a lot of moisture in one easy step. It's just too bad the price keeps going up and up.

February 05, 2016

It's so moisturizing. I really liked this product.

January 27, 2016

Expensive for how long it lasts, but this bar is convenient and awesome! Exfoliates and moisturizes IN shower, you can skip the step of moisturizing. Seriously. Makes my skin soft and moisturized.

July 08, 2015

Buffy is my go to product. It exfoliates and moisturize at the same time. Every minute counts when I hit snooze too many times in the morning. It is hands down the most effective body moisturizer I have ever used. Every once in a while I will use a cream I still have around to try and finish it but I always end up using Buffy again after a few days. I can feel the difference in my skin.

The exfoliater can feel abit rough at first. It's fine as long as you don't press too hard on your skin. Press lightly at first and figure out the pressure that works for you.

I have amazingly soft skin (my friends always comment on it). I have Buffy to thank.

May 11, 2015

I have purchased this for myself and then for others as gifts because I love it so much. What more could you want? It's moisturizing, it's exfoliating, and it's yummy like Lush products are.

May 11, 2015

I have fallen in love with this body bar!!! It's so moisurizing!!!

October 31, 2014

Buffy is my go-to product, it's more than I've ever dreamed of in one product! a big block of cocoa and shea butter with exfoliating bits inside, it takes the place of a body moisturiser and exfoliant. I use it everyday, in every shower. not only have I stopped getting razor burn and ingrown hairs on my legs, I see a noticable reduction in cellulite. I ABSOLOUTELY reccomend

May 28, 2014

BUFFY IS EXCELLENT! Not for someone who doesn't like a rough scrub though. But I absolutely adore it for my dry skin. Used at the end of your shower, gives you a good scrub & moisturizes you so well, leaving your body feeling so supple. Great because you don't need to use lotion after your shower, you've locked in the moisture in your skin. Pricey, but worth it. Inspired me to DIY my own lotion/scrub bars.

February 23, 2014

I have been using the Buffy Bar for years, it is a staple to my shower routine. I love it mainly because I don't have to moisturize after I shower. Full of cocoa butter, your skin is left glowing and the ground rice, almonds and beans exfoliate your skin leaving it super soft. Work quickly though, the precious bar does melt fast! Invest in the metal canister, it's worth it.

May 01, 2012

Buffy the Backside Slayer is a high quality exfoliator and a rich and luxurious moisturizer. I don't need to use lotion after using Buffy, which makes this is a great time-saver. It leaves my skin flowing and super soft. The product also leaves a protective film of oil on the applied area of the skin. It has a pleasant smell that is a light lavender fragrance; a natural/organic scent. I wash with a bar of soap or body wash then rinse off. I turn off the tap and use Buffy, gliding the product *LIGHTLY* in circular motion over my elbows, knees, legs and feet. Then I rinse off the ground rice, almonds and aduki beans. I either lightly pat myself dry with a towel or allow my skin to air dry. Sometimes I find Buffy a little too abrasive and scratchy on my skin. I dislike how the bar leaves leaves my tub a little gritty and oily.

jujusamples has posted in the forum topic
Forever 21 Active Wear

Whosthat20 added a new review for
Crest Whitestrips

Whosthat20 added a new review for
Lysol Disinfecting Wipes

Winslow has posted in the forum topic
Foundation