LUSH Vanishing Cream

LUSH Vanishing Cream Reviews

Ranked #750 out of 1112 in Facial Lotions & Creams

We're about to tell you something that might sound contradictory. If you have oily skin, you need to moisturize your face! It all comes down to skin care basics; if your face is oily, it’s compensating for something. Set things right with Vanishing Cream. Our lightest blend, Vanishing Cream contains balancing lavender absolute, pore-tightening witch hazel (which helps brilliantly with eliminating blemishes) and grape seed oil to soften. Use daily to balance oil production for even, clear skin.

March 27, 2016

This is my absolute favourite moisturizer. My skin is sensitive and slightly acne prone. Needless to say I am always searching for a moisturizer that is not too heavy and does not irritate my sensitive skin. This moisturizer fits the bill – I started using it during the summer when I needed a lighter moisturizer but have continued to use it year round because my skin loves it so much. In addition to the benefits I already mentioned it also tightens my pores and softens and smooths my skin.

The bottle (tub?) is $45 which is pricy but it lasts me for approximately 3 to 4 months and I use it twice a day. A little goes a long way! I have been using this moisturizer for about 2 years and I don’t think I will ever stop – my skin is happier than it has ever been.

Two tiny drawbacks to mention: it smells a little funky but don’t hold that against it. Also, be careful when you travel with it, it has leaked on me a couple of times and also when it gets shaken up can end up on the lid – super messy.

If it sounds like something that might be right for you, go ask the lovely people at LUSH for a sample. They’re more than happy to put a little in a container for you to try out and see if it works with your skin.

May 11, 2015

I love this in the summer when I'm on the more oily side!

February 27, 2013

I tried out this moisturizer, hoping it would help balance out my oily skin, but no, it didn't. My skin was still as oily as it was before I tried this cream. At $40 per small pot, it's not worth it.

May 15, 2012

This is a great product, especially if you like to go the natural and eco-friendly route in your lifestyle. I have an oily T-zone with a very acne prone area around my chin and mouth, age 28. This cream is light, and makes my skin feel moisturized without being greasy or shiny. This moisturizer isn't intended to make your acne disappear, but rather soothe and improve overall skin texture and not irritate acne. My skin loves it.

The cream has a mild plain scent, and lasts for a very long time as a little goes a long way!

Con: Make sure the lid is on tight when you travel with this product, it may come undone a bit in a backpack etc. I recommend putting it in a plastic baggie to be on the safe side.

Fun idea: Keep it in your fridge. It feels so cool and refreshing on a hot summer day!

May 09, 2012

I walk by the Lush shop all the time but I've always been intimidated by them, don't know why. I encountered their booth at the Green Living Show and talked to the girls - they were so nice!
I was on the market for a new moisturizer so the girl recommended this one and gave me a sample to try.
A week later I found myself walking to the shop specifically to pick up this cream!
I love that it's not too greasy and a little bit goes a long way. It's also gentle and doesn't make my skin feel oily. Best of all, my breakouts have calmed down since I've been using it so the higher price is worth it.

April 29, 2012

I have used a lot of moisturizers which claim to help fight acne and imperfections, however, this cream works beyond what I expected! It is the first moisturizer which fights blemishes AND keeps the skin hydrated. It didn't dry out my skin nor make it greasy/oily. It gives you a great dewy finish and feels light, even though it's packed with rich ingredients like shea butter, it doesn't feel heavy on your skin. This product is a MUST HAVE for those fighting acne/blemish-prone skin!

April 03, 2012

I went to Lush specifically for this cream as I had researched it in advance and it seemed it would help the most with my skin which is prone to breakouts, oiliness and dryness...yay! The first time I used it I was impressed as my skin did not feel like I had even put anything on it and my face didn't sting either, which is something that has happened in the past with other moisturizers. The biggest test for me was the next morning when I got up...generally my face will be oily in the t-zone area...there was barely any sign of shine or oil and it has continued to be this way since I have been using it! I have no intention of changing to anything else and do not find the price prohibitive in the least.