Amazing

1 review
Ranked #245 out of 322 in Cereal

Taste

August 27, 2014

I recently discovered Nature's Path Qi'a (pronounced Kee-ah, which the packing lets you know) on my hunt for healthier alternatives to the garbage foods on today's grocery store shelves. There are only so many times I can feed my children oatmeal or flax before they're going to revolt! I have now found a kid-friendly cereal that's fantastic for families on the go.
Depending on where you're shopping, you'll pay anywhere between $10-15/bag and that seems incredibly steep until you check out the serving size. It's actually fairly reasonable, especially when you consider that Qi'a is a non-GMO product, it's organic, you get 4g of fibre and 6g of protein, plus Omega 3s in each serving! This is also an excellent company to check out if you have taken the gluten-free plunge.
Qi'a is a delicious, interesting meal with loads of texture and flavour. It's made with chia, hemp and buckwheat, then a variety of additions based upon your selection. I was eating the apple cinnamon kind, which has little bits of squishy apples in it and bursts of raisin flavour. I found that to be the dominate taste, moreso than any seediness or earthy notes. The little seeds are a pleasant crunch in your teeth and you only need two tablespoons to cover a serving amount! This has proven excellent for me, as I loathe breakfast but need the energy boost. I think so many mothers are in the same position. It's also great for my wee ones, as early morning meals can prove such a struggle before school and this takes care of that, while still ensuring my children have something healthy in their bellies.
You can combine the cereal with milk, or a milk substitute, and the packaging says to wait a few minutes for the seeds to expand. I, however, put it into yogurt and just eat it straight away. I should also think that coconut water would be a great mix, if you wish to go that route. This was something I was able to feed my toddler, my preteen and my husband while also enjoying myself. Now THAT is something unusual.
All in all, an excellent product and I will keep you posted on any further reviews of Nature's Path foods but, in the meantime, you can check out their website here; Nature's Path and their Facebook here; https://www.facebook.com/naturespath

Enjoy!