Nature's Path Organic Rice Puffs

1 review
Ranked #107 out of 329 in Cereal

Taste

September 20, 2016

I'm gluten intolerant and have a fairly high sensitivity to any form of gluten. Though these aren't labelled gluten-free due to being manufactured in a facility that processes wheat, I've never had any issues. The company must do a decent job of cleaning their equipment, otherwise I'm sure by now I would have experienced some form of reaction.

Unlike your traditional Rice Crispies style of cereal, which is crispy and crunchy, these puffs are very soft. They become even softer when doused in milk, so I find they're not the greatest as a traditional cereal, particularly because they're quite bland. However, I use them in different recipes -- including a gluten-free Rice Crispie Square recipe -- and they work just fine. I also like how the packaging is eco-friendly, sans cardboard.

If you don't mind the unsweetened flavour and the soft texture, you may enjoy these on their own, otherwise you may prefer to do what I do and mix them in with other ingredients.