Origins Checks and Balances Foaming Cleanser Reviews

Ranked #782 out of 944 in Facial Cleansers

What it is:
A face cleanser that cleverly balances dry and oily places.

What it is formulated to do:
When it comes to faces with dry and oily places, it takes a clever cleanser to balance the two. This gentle, frothy face wash carefully does both jobs without canceling each other out. Skin feels comfortably refreshed after cleansing, never tight, pulled or parched.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan

What else you need to know:
Broad leaf kelp extract discourages excess oil production while wheat protein balances and protects dry-prone zones.

September 20, 2016

I started using this based on a recommendation from a beauty consultant. She actually worked for Estée Lauder and recommended this over their products. I struggled with oily areas and dry areas. I also struggled with adult acne. The smell of this product is light and refreshing. It's frothy foamy goodness makes your face feel super clean. You only have to use a tiny amount and it lathers up really well to cover your entire face. This is slightly more expensive than a regular face wash but it lasts twice as long. This has helped calm my crazy skin. I am in love with this product and will probably never switch.

July 01, 2016

This product really surprised me. I bought it on a whim because I was looking to get a good cleanser and the girl at the Sephora I was at really sold me on it. It was 26 dollars so it was a little pricey. But when I found that all I needed was a pea-sized amount each time I realized it was WELL worth the money. With that little amount it spreads all over your face and then some. It really does foam up and lather around nicely. Not only that, but it makes your skin actually feel squeaky clean afterwards. Almost as if you physically scrapped a layer of dirt off because my face actually did make kind of a squeak sound. My pores felt like they could breathe. In terms of keeping my skin in check - as they advertise - it totally worked. My breakouts were minimal and my skin in general felt clean all day. A great every day cleanser.

May 09, 2016

At first I liked the texture as well as the smell of this product, however, it seemed to dry my skin so badly despite the fact that I have combination skin. It might suit other skin types but didn't suit me.

March 18, 2016

This is one of my very favorite cleansers. It is awesome for morning or evening use to remove your makeup. If you have heavy eye make up one then I recommend using eye make remover first. Cleans skin without over drying or stripping it of essentials. Smells clean and fresh. I purchase from Sephora.

March 10, 2016

This facial cleanser is creamy and becomes perfectly foamy when you wash your face. It does;t make the skin too tight or dry after washing. It balances the oily and dry parts of my face, making my skin soft and glowy after regular uses. Also need only a very small amount for each use so one bottle lasts a very long time, making it very affordable.

January 18, 2016

This is my favourite cleanser to use along with my mia clarisonic because of how fresh it makes my face feel and the lemony smell. It is a little pricey but you only have to use little pea size amounts with the mia because it foams so well...a bottle of this lasts me almost a month. I would definitely recommend.

December 11, 2015

This is the most incredible face wash! I've struggled to find something that actually makes my face feel clean and gives lasting results and this is it! I use it twice a day with my foreo! It lathers easily and doesn't irritate my skin. The price is worth it because a bottle of this face wash goes along way!

July 14, 2015

This is the most amazing face wash I have ever used! It gets so frothy and has a great scent. I have been using this face wash for a couple years now, I'm obsessed with it. It's a little expensive, but I totally think it is money well spent, and a little goes a long way. My skin feels super clean and soft, but not feel dried out. It's also amazing at removing makeup, especially eye makeup!

February 12, 2015

This product is a bit expensive for a cleanser but its worth every penny!! I just love it so much. This cleanser is so good that it doesn't dry my skin at all after a wash. It hydrates and cleanse at the same time. Best cleanser i have ever tried in my life.

January 26, 2015

Cake face no more!! If you pile on the makeup...it's a requirement to use this cleanser at night!... it leaves your face feeling sooo clean without feeling dry!... A little goes a super long way so it will last you a good while!