Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy Nail Enamel Reviews

Ranked #771 out of 1413 in Nail Polish

September 29, 2016

I bought this nailpolish and applied it today.

I love the smooth finish of this nail polish. The color is rich and glides on easily. It's not too chunky which is great. The bottle is decent sized and I love that there is no need to apply a base with this polish so it makes things easier.

I don't think the price is worth the product though. Each bottle is priced at $10.99 at my SDM. I only purchased it because I had a coupon and wanted to try it.

Overall, satisfied with the product but wouldn't buy it again due to the price.

June 29, 2016

I bought this product in the color "Full House", a gorgeous blue. I was very excited to try it. Application was easy, wasn't too smelly, dried quickly, and didn't need any special fancy lights (bonus!!). It looked great right after I did it, and (surprisingly) the dry was so quick and complete, I didn't even smudge it!

I have really thin, bendy nails, so I didn't have much hope for long wear. There were a couple of large chips in the morning, unfortunately, so it didn't last any longer (for me) than any other drug store polish.

The biggest problem was when I attempted to remove the product. I used a basic, run of the mill polish remover, and the polish and top coat (so shiny!) came off quite easily, but it left my nails stained a bluish purple...so now I look like I am oxygen deprived.

I wouldn't use this product again, not even on my toes (which is what I actually bought it for) for the reason of staining, even though the colour was phenomenal, and caught the attention of the cashier as being unique.

March 08, 2015

I'm not a huge fan of this line of nail polish but I love this specific color. It looks great all year and goes well with a lot of different clothing and jewelry pieces

March 08, 2015

The color of this polish is like a dark green shamrock. It looked so terrible after one coat on 3 fingers!! It took a few minutes to get this awful stuff off of just 3 nails!!

November 28, 2014

I have thin nails and polish always seems to chip very soon after applying. I came across Revlon Gel Envy while shopping at Walmart. I was interested because it was a bonus pack, polish and top coat for $6.96. I had a $2 off coupon, so I paid only $4.96 for both bottles! I chose 'Wild Card'. It is a bright, bold blue.
I found the polish very easy to apply. The brush is nice and wide and the polish very smooth. The color is intense, saturated and opaque after just 1 coat. I applied 3 thin coats to cover my thin, weak nails. Drying time was very fast. I was able to apply the top coat in 20 minutes. The overall drying time was very short as well. My nails were not tacky after 45 minutes.
I am impressed with the wear and durability of the polish. I have been wearing it for 5 days and only touched up once! This is virtually unheard of for this die-hard O.P.I user.
I am anxious to buy more shades of Gel Envy.
Good job, Revlon!

October 23, 2014

I decided to follow the 2-step system and omit a base coat, even after reading some reviews claiming that the darker polishes can stain.

These polishes are a bit thicker than your typical Revlon Colorstay enamel, so be sure not to shake them before application since that will cause annoying bubbles to appear on the nails. The colour pigment and formula seems to be very consistent and I can't see it separating easily.

My nails lasted pretty much chip-free for the entire 6 days. To remove I used a generic acetone-free nail polish remover, and everything came off easy except for a bit of the green colour which collected around my cuticles. Fortunately, after 6 days my nails were still pretty bright with no major staining.

The "All or Nothing" shade had a slightly less appealing application. The polish is pretty thin, so I had to do three thin coats to get this semi-opaque finish. Overall, the wear has been pretty impressive, although the pink did chip more than the green.

September 09, 2014

i as so sorrily disappointed in this product. i bought 2 colors #100 cardshark and 420 winning streak and also bought the colorstay gel eny diamond topcoat.they were $10.00 each not including taxes.i hardly wear nail polish as i do dishes a lot and look after the grandkids.i find after doing a load of dishes normal nailpolish just starts coming off.no difference here.day 1 after doing dishes twice ,nails still look good and stayed shiny.however on close inspection ,that nobody could notice unless i showed them ,you could see the tiny bit of wear.skip forward to day 3 and had 2 chips in nail.also was starting to peel.by the beginning of day 4 it was completely over.peeling was horrible.it peeled like those little kid nailpolishes that just peel off with no remover required.the first time used #420 a medium lavender color.so decide to try again using # 100 card shark a plaer type pink.hold on ,because this color was worse going on.very streaky.it was hard to get it smooth and even.need 2-3 coats to try and get streakiness out.once this was achieved,looked good,for about 24 hours and then by second day,peeling and chipping.decided to give each a 3rd go and no.same rsults.if you don't shower or bathe or do dishes or touch anything,then fine,it might last.

September 08, 2014

I absolutely love this nail polish. It really does last at least 2 weeks

August 11, 2014

This nail polish is a two-step gel-like polish (no UV light required to cure) that claims:
• Flawless, salon-quality color with life-resistant wear
• Revolutionary Top Coat for long-lasting strength and shine
• 30 vibrant, easy-to-remove shades

The instructions tell you to apply two coats of the colour (no base coat, as it's included in the colour), then finish with a single coat of the Diamond Top Coat (sold separately).

Pros:
• High shine
• Dries quickly

Cons:
• Began peeling (not chipping - peeling) from my fingernails within 24 hours (even though I was babying my hands), and from my toes within a week
• Stained my nails (the shade I used was a light blue - Full House - so I was shocked to find staining when I removed the colour from my toes)
• Because of the lack of base coat, I could see every ridge in my nails after the colour was applied
• Smelled chemically, even once dried

Home manicures typically last me close to a week and pedicures a full month, but I ended up removing this polish from my fingernails at the end of day two, and after a week on my toes, due to the peeling polish.

I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone.

June 01, 2014

Wow! My at-home pedicure looks like a professional job. High gloss finish, easy to apply. I used it with the top coat, and after 2 weeks my nails look great!

Do you always wear ...

LeahCruz has posted in the forum topic
Looking for a winter jacket

Forever 21 Active Wear

gadzooks added a new review for
Boursin Cheese

jujusamples has posted in the forum topic
Check your emails, ladies!