Rimmel London Pro Base and Top Coat Nail Polish

Rimmel London Pro Base and Top Coat Nail Polish Reviews

Ranked #1265 out of 1411 in Nail Polish

September 09, 2014

Works well and is quite affordable. Salon quality on a budget!

September 10, 2013

So impress at how well it works. It promises to last up to 10 days. After 5 days, still no chip and i work as a waitress so my hands are often in water. Definitely will buy again.

August 29, 2013

This Base/Top Coat is great for being such a low price. My favourite thing about this product is the packaging. The bottle is cube shaped, which makes it easy to hold and open. And the brush is great, it's thick but not clumsy, so you can do your nails quickly and neatly.
I found that this worked really well as a base coat - it protects your nails, and keeps your polish looking great and chip-free for days.
I quickly went through my first bottle of this, and unfortunately every time I think of grabbing another bottle, it is sold out! Regardless, I'll keep checking because this stuff is great. Definitely recommend!

June 30, 2012

This is the first (and only) basecoat and/or topcoat that I've purchased (about a year ago). I was hesistant to review this product now since I have no basis for comparison yet, but I figured that since I can't justify going out and getting another basecoat and/or topcoat before I'm done with this product (which will take another year or not), I shall review this product now. :)

Firstly, I bought this product on a whim at Shoppers. If you want to save a few bucks, don't do that! I've seen it a few dollars cheaper (for $3-4 instead of the $6-7 that I spent) at various drugstores.

Price aside, the thing I really liked about this product is its brush. It's really wide and I'm able to cover my nails with 1 swipe -- 2 at most. (My thumb, however, needs 3, just to even things out.) Because I don't need to go over my nails multiple times with the brush, everything's much simpler and quicker and there's no excess mess. Though occasionally, some dust particles are brushed onto my nails along with the polish, and I'll need to swipe at my nail a few times to get rid of the particle. This product is easy to apply and dries very quickly -- within minutes.

I like to use this product alone, or under glitter polishes. Alone, I usually use 1 or 2 coats, though with two coats it's easier to see that the polish is peeling after a few days. By the way, this product definitely doesn't hold up for 10 days -- I consider myself lucky if the polish isn't peeling or showing signs of wear after more than 3 days. Under glitter polishes, this product makes removing the glitter polishes a lot easier.

I don't own any particular dark polishes, so I've never experienced any stains on my nails due to them and I can't say how well this product protects the nails against darker polishes. My nails aren't brittle or damaged either, so I don't know if this product has any magical nail-healing abilities.

So all in all, this product isn't super amazing, except for its wide brush. I don't think I'd repurchase this product (I'd love to try out other basecoats topcoats), though for people who haven't experienced a wide-brushed polish, I'd definitely recommend this product to them!

May 03, 2010

I decided that with my recent obsession with nails that I should pick up some sort of base/top coat. As I have already purchased the Rimmel London French Nails Pro set I decided to go ahead and pick up the Pro Base/Top Coat. I had always hesitated with the whole base/top coat situation because I always thought that it would make drying time too long for my clumsiness.

I went and tried the product tonight with my Revlon Nail Polish in Not So Shrinking Violet - a dark purple with some little shimmer. Very nice shade. I applied a thin coat of base coat and then a thin coat of polish and a slightly second coat. I let the polish dry for 20 or so minutes and then applied a thin coat of top coat. Drying time - excellent. I don't know but it seemed that the polish dried faster with the top coat. Dancing With The Stars is 1 1/2 hours long and I had a dry batch of nails by the end of the show.

Overall I give this product good ratings. It didn't dissapoint me in any way. In fact, I feel a little foolish because I picked up the OPI Base/Top coat online and it hasn't arrived yet. Maybe it will wear better than this product. I shall see what kind of wear I get on this product. I might get chips strait away so I have to see how much more longevity I get with this Base/Top coat. I would reccomend this product to others.

Updated On: May 08, 2010

I wore this product for about 24 hours and my polish started chipping and wearing on the tips. Overall I would say that I liked this product but I don't think it's the greatest Base/Top Coat out there. I am currenty reviewing and wearing OPI Start To Finish Original Formula and we'll see if it works better.

wendyroy has posted in the forum topic
The BEST part

wendyroy has posted in the forum topic
The unwanted

indykat has posted in the forum topic

kforbes added a new review for
Vitamix Blender