Send by Patty Blount

Publisher: Sourcebooks
Publication Date: August 1, 2012
ISBN: 9781402273377
Pages: 291

To keep his secrets, all he has to do is listen to the voice in his head and just walk away... On his first day at his new high school, Dan stops a bully from beating up a kid half his size. He didn't want to get involved. All he wants out of his senior year is to fly under the radar. But Dan knows what it's like to be terrorized by a bully-he used to be one. Now the whole school thinks he's some kind of hero, except Julie Murphy, the prettiest girl on campus. She looks at him like she knows he has a secret. Like she knows his name isn't really Daniel.

I had the pleasure of reading SEND by Patty Blount. I have to say this story line was really good and very touching. When Daniel first gets to the school he wants to be invisible and not noticed. This quickly fades. The fact that this story touches so many different things that kids are going through today, especially bullying was great and was one of the things that kept me glued to this book because I had to see it to the end. This has the potential that could turn into maybe a short movie that I feel most teens would relate to and would love to watch.

Now, there were some things that were slow and I had hoped that the ending of this book would turn out different, but for the most part I couldn't put this book down because the writing was so good I wanted to see what was happening next. Definitely something I will be passing on to my teen niece and nephew as they are heading into ninth grade this year and could benefit from this.

kimmyk05 added a new review for