The Body Shop Hemp Lip Protector Reviews

Ranked #601 out of 784 in Lip Balm

Softens dry, chapped lips. It is dermatologically tested for very dry skin and contains Community Trade hemp seed oil.

November 11, 2016

After reading a lot of reviews I was expecting more from this lip balm. It's a good product but I didn't feel that it lived up to the raving moisturizing capabilities that I was expecting. I felt it was an average lip balm but nothing over the top. A good option if you are looking for something that will moisturize. It would be a great option for the man in your life, as it is neutral in appearance and goes on without colour or shine. What I liked most was the scent/taste which is reminiscent of bergamot.

March 24, 2016

This works really well but is on the higher end price-wise for a lip balm. It healed my chapped lips and the hemp scent is not as strong as in the rest of the line.
It could be a bit softer, sometimes it feels like you have to press quite hard to apply it. You do need to wait a while before applying lipstick as it does not absorb right away.

March 01, 2016

I got some of this because my lips are dry often in winter and I need a little pick me up for them. This is good stuff and my lips are more moisturized nowadays.

November 24, 2014

Works really well. Helped get rid of my sons "double lip" caused from licking his lips. It was boyish looking so he didn't mind using it and smelled nice but not yummy enough to eat it. It's a very nice product.

October 16, 2011

I'm really not sure how I feel about this one. It didn't go on very easily; I had to really press down when applying to feel like I had anything on my lips. I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing! It didn't feel like it moisturized very well at all... I wouldn't recommend this.

October 14, 2011

This lip balm is a little too expensive compared to other brands out there. You can find another product that is just as effective for less. I would not recommend it.

October 11, 2011

Okay, when I choose a lip balm, I am very picky.

I dont like strong scents, or something that smells too much like candy.

I HATE stickyness, the worst thing is the wind blowing and your hair being stuck to your mouth, then having to deal with sticky hair, and its just an awful mess.

I also tend to get terrible chapped lips in the winter time, which extends to the skin around my mouth getting red, its painful, and not too cute to look at.

I have tried alllll kinds of lip balms trying to find something soothing, to prevent the redness and really moisturize dry lips.

The best one I have found is the Hemp lip protector from the Body Shop.

It is all natural. It doesn't really have a smell, it doesn't make your lips sticky, and it works. My lips felt more moisturized immediately after applying and it took away that stinging chapped feeling instantly.

Sure it is probably a few dollars more than the pharmacys generic brand, but at only $8, this product is absolutely amazing, I will continue purchasing this forever, and recommending it to everyone i know!

October 10, 2011

I always used my friend's little tin of this stuff, it really does moisturize! I don't know why but I did find the smell retty nice, very herby lol. It was also very moisturizing but slightly greasy. Overall if you want to splurge that it's a great balm but I'm cheap so I never ended up buying one of these for myself. There are cheaper balms that are equally as effective.

April 12, 2010

THIS STUFF IS AMAZING. I admit I wanted to try it because it's made from hemp hahah but this stuff truly works. It's colourless and has a distinct smell that I find pleasing. After applying it to your lips, there's a thick coat of this stuff on them which makes them feel instantly moisturized and the dry patches disappear. I'm a lip balm junkie and have tried nearly every kind out on the market...I'd say this works just as well as Vaseline and Burt's Bees if not better. The thick consistency made me give this 5 stars because I hate lip balms that make your lips feel oily and don't do anything like Soft Lips and some Blistex products. I never buy a lip balm twice so I can try them all...but I would actually get this one again!

October 25, 2009

This is a wonderful product! I had super-chapped lips, and within a day it healed them and left them really soft. Hemp Lip Protector has a perfect balm-texture - not too glossy, or slippery, or waxy, or thick. It also has a pleasant lemony smell. I just ran out, and will be buying it again.

MissNinja has posted in the forum topic
The unwanted

MissNinja has posted in the forum topic
Chick Advisor cosmetic Bag

laura2423 has posted in the forum topic

ChooChooLi added a new review for
dove body soap

salaslm added a new review for
Ergo Baby Carrier