The Body Shop Vitamin E Cream Cleanser Reviews

Ranked #831 out of 944 in Facial Cleansers

February 10, 2016

I bought this for the first time on a whim a couple months ago. I already know I'll have to repurchase when I run out! The Body Shop is always have promotions so getting this product for a great deal isn't hard, they always have deals like buy three get three free and so on. Luckily for me I got it for free with store credit. It retails for $15 which alone is a great price for the quality and long lasting nature of this cleanser, I have hardly hit a dent in it.
When choosing this a key factor was the fact that it had makeup removing properties to it, I need all the help I can get and I really want the feeling of super clean skin after wearing makeup all day long. I always use coconut oil first to remove the first layer of makeup, then I rub a small amount of this cream cleanser into my skin and rinse with water. It leaves my skin feeling so soft and moisturized I don't even feel like I need to apply a moisturizer (although I always do). Its an amazing cleanser overall, and I adore it immensely for the fact that it doesn't irritate my skin or break me out. I quite like it, but do be warned that it has a light floral scent to it if you're sensitive to smell!

February 05, 2016

I've always had troubled skin (eczema and dry patches), even on my face, and I could never find the perfect product to help ease these troubles until now!! I used it for a week and the dry patches on my cheeks went away and haven't been back since! It really is ideal for ALL SKIN TYPES, and I love it. I recommended it to almost all of the ladies I know and now most of them are committed customers to this line of products! I would definitely recommend that anybody go out and try this product if you have troubled skin, like me.

September 28, 2015

I used this with my Clarisonic Mia 2 cleansing brush and it just didn't do it for me. It's nice but I didn't find it changed my skin in any way.

March 25, 2015

It's not my favourite cleanser. I used it once, and didn't use as directed. I used it to remove all of my makeup and rinsed with water (all in the shower). I find my skin didn't feel as clean with this as with other cleansers. It is great for dry skin, and I used it in conjunction with the day and night cream and the BB cream. This is the only item from that line that I haven't gone back to purchase again - too expensive to justify.

March 14, 2015

I like that this cleanser is super moisturizing. If you have dry skin that is easily irritated by cleansers, it is a great option. However, I was hoping for an all-in-one type cleanser that would remove all my makeup at the same time. This cleanser doesn't really do that. You need to remove all makeup, especially mascara, before using this cleanser. The instructions also state that you should apply the cleanser and wipe it off with a facecloth, but I found that it was equally as effective to rinse it off with water.

September 12, 2014

I LOVE this product. I had heard about the vitamin E products and I decided to check it out on The Body Shop's website. The reviews looked good, so I went into the store to purchase the product. Prior to using this cleanser, I had recently been noticing some problems with my skin that I didn't like (I normally have pretty clear skin). I started using this cleanser every night before bed and the results were almost immediate. My skin looks dewy and soft and I have been loving the effects of this vitamin E boost! I'm pretty sure this bottle will last me awhile, too. I just put a small-ish dab on my fingers and massage it into my skin (on my face) every night. Then, I take a cotton pad and lightly wipe the cleanser off. Even though I wash my face with a face cloth and water before this (and scrub it pretty well), you can still see all the dirt I missed when I use the cotton pad to wipe the cleanser off. It definitely does the job! I would for sure recommend this product to anyone who asked about it and I will be buying it again in the future.

November 05, 2013

This is a good cleanser for dry skin, which is me most of the time. I try to use it at night, so my skin feels moisturized through the night.
A bottle does last a while, even though it is not the cheapest priced cleanser - although the Body Shop always has discounts and sales and B1G1 free or something like that. I never buy full price from them usually.

My only con with this cleanser is that it does not remove makeup as well as others. I feel like I still have traces of it afterwards, especially foundation and mascara, but I guess that is the trade-off if you want it to not strip your skin and moisturize.

May 26, 2009

This product works very well if you have dry or rough skin. The smooth and creamy formula is gentle on your skin, so you don't feel that harsh cleansing feeling afterward. I use it every evening, and I find that my skin feels soft instead of oily when I wake up in the morning. The price is not fantastic, but I find that one bottle lasts me a couple months.