The Memory Keeper's Daughter By Kim Edwards Reviews

Ranked #765 out of 960 in Books

Award-winning writer Kim Edwards's The Memory Keeper's Daughter is a brilliantly crafted family drama that explores every mother's silent fear: what would happen if you lost your child and she grew up without you?

On a winter night in 1964, Dr. David Henry is forced by a blizzard to deliver his own twins. His son, born first, is perfectly healthy. Yet when his daughter is born, he sees immediately that she has Down's syndrome. Rationalizing it as a need to protect Norah, his wife, he makes a split second decision that will alter all of their lives forever. He asks his nurse to take the baby away to an institution and never to reveal the secret. But Caroline, the nurse, cannot leave the infant. Instead, she disappears into another city to raise the child herself. So begins this beautifully told story that unfolds over a quarter of a century in which these two families, ignorant of each other, are yet bound by David Henry's fateful decision that long-ago winter night.

A rich and deeply moving page-turner, The Memory Keeper's Daughter captures the way life takes unexpected turns and how the mysterious ties that hold a family together help us survive the heartache that occurs when long-buried secrets burst into the open. It is an astonishing tale of redemptive love.

October 03, 2012

To be honest, I've only gotten less than half way through this book and I just can't finish it. It's boring and long even though it's only 401 pages long. I wish I could say that I at least finished the book before writing this review, but it's just going to happen...I'd rather read a book I actually like.

July 05, 2012

I love this book! Any reader would love it!

June 27, 2012

I was a little hesitant at first when I bought this book. However, my judgement changed quite quickly and really enjoyed the read. The story line was very moving and made me wonder how I would react to the situations that were happening in the book.

June 08, 2012

This book was good. I would recommend anyone to pick up a used copy so you wouldn't feel like you paid to much if bought at full price.

March 09, 2011

I love stories that go through the years. The premise of this story demonstrates how far we have advanced since the 1960's in respect to human compassion. Sad but compelling story.

September 12, 2010

My mother and I share a lot of books and she had this one sitting on her book shelf. I started to read in and kept reading it in hopes that it would pick up. It never did. My mother was also disappointed.

March 02, 2010

This book was very exciting yet sad. I would recommend this book if you like drama and also like to cry while reading. The author does a good job describing the lives of the characters

jujusamples has posted in the forum topic
Forever 21 Active Wear

Whosthat20 added a new review for
Crest Whitestrips

Whosthat20 added a new review for
Lysol Disinfecting Wipes

Winslow has posted in the forum topic
Foundation