Why Men Love Bitches
Good

Why Men Love Bitches Reviews

Ranked #772 out of 960 in Books

Publisher's description:
Contending that some women are "too nice," comedian and radio show host Sherry Argov has written Why Men Love Bitches: From Doormat to Dreamgirl-A Woman's Guide to Holding Her Own in a Relationship. "I'm not recommending that a woman have an abrasive disposition," Argov writes, "The woman I'm describing is kind yet strong. She doesn't give up her life, and she won't chase a man." Her sassy book is filled with scenarios and advice aimed at making women subtly stronger and self-empowered. Argov's principles, which range from the farfetched to the downright absurd, include "If you give him a feeling of power, he'll want to protect you and he'll want to give you the world" and "A little distance combined with the appearance of self-control makes him nervous that he may be losing you." The book, which has already been featured on The View and The O'Reilly Factor, should make waves with its controversial view of relationships.

1.5/5

June 27, 2012

I was excited to read this book because I've always heard men love bitches (or seems to be the case from my personal history). However, I couldn't stand the content and didn't even finish it. It made me look like I was always the problem and that the only way to 'keep' a guy was to conform to what he wanted and give into everything. NO WAY!!

1.5/5

March 22, 2012

I started reading this book and got very frustrated with the authors message and found that I was only skimming that last quarter or so of the book. I felt it was telling me to be someone I am not, like I should act like this "ideal woman that men want" instead of being true to who I am. Don't get me wrong, I want to be a woman that men want. But I don't want to have to act a certain way, say a certain thing or pretend to be something I'm not because of how it will be perceived by a man.

I felt like the author was encouraging women to lie and play games so that men don't get scared off, complacent, bored, wander off.... distracted by a shiny object.... etc... who are these men that she is getting her information from anyway!? How about being yourself? How about being honest and if he can not handle that then move on to the guy that can?

There was a scenario in the book about praising your man even when the job he did wasn't a good one and then fixing the job when he leaves so he doesn't feel emasculated or incompetent. Excuse me? What about telling him how to do it properly in the first place so that he learns how to do it? I don't want to be with a man that I have to redo all his jobs for him because it might hurt his ego to correct him the first time.

Yes, there is some good advice in this book. But I felt if was overshadowed by the negative advice. At times the advice was even contradicting itself! "Be decisive" then "let him pick the restaurant"... how about good old fashioned honesty and communication!? "Be confident and strong" but then she tells you to play games to win him over and make him want to stay!? I think this book would not be good for someone with a self esteem or confidence issue. If you are looking for a good laugh and don't take it too seriously this book might be an okay read.

July 19, 2011

This book is "worth every penny". It's for anyone who has ever been in a relationship, anyone who's looking to get into a new relationship, or even for those sisters IN a relationship. It tells you how to be the nice interesting bitch that can keep life fresh and new, and can keep him and you interested in the relationship. It shows the difference between compromising and being a doormat. It is such a fun read, laugh out loud moments, and just plain and simple excellent advise that every girl should be given. I bought this for myself (and a friend who was going through a hard time). This is such a classic.

It shows you how to go from being a doormat to a dream girl.

September 16, 2007

"From Doormat to Dreamgirl-A Woman's Guide to Holding Her Own in a Relationship"

This is the funniest and most helpful book I have ever read. It is an advice book on getting the right man to see your worth and treat you properly. Despite the title, it isn't about being a Bitch, rather being an assertive self assured woman who doesn't let anyone stomp all over her - without being a nag.

I bought it years ago in my single days and found every bit of advice totally useful and true. I have lent it to at least 10 girlfriends and they all agree this book rocks.

Author Sherry Argov's witty common sense advice will have you laughing out loud. There are so many useful tips in this book. It changed my worldview of relationships. Simple things like not cooking a full blown gourmet meal too early in the relationship as it teaches the man to see you as his mother rather than his lover. Argov suggests you hold back your famous apple pie until he's earned it.

Her latest book Why Men Marry Bitches promises to be a page turner too though I haven't read it yet.

I highly recommend this book to anyone regardless of whether you are in a relationship or not as the advice is always relevant.

Updated On: July 19, 2011

My Mother in Law was recently over for the weekend and spotted this book in my library and decided to read it for the afternoon. Understand, I have dog-eared, highlighted and underlined many sections in this book. I was mortified at first about what she would think based on the title, "Um, why is my Daughter in Law trying to be a Bitch with my son?"

Thankfully she thought it was an awesome book and said that was the kind of advice she had growing up and that all women should read it. She loved it!