Aveeno Positively Radiant MaxGlow Peel-Off Mask Reviews

Reveal smoother, brighter, glowing skin with the Aveeno® Positively Radiant® MaxGlow™ Peel Off Mask. This soap-free, no-rinse exfoliator lifts away dull, tired skin in one swift move using alpha hydroxy acids, soy and kiwi complex. Simply apply, let dry and gently peel off! This product is formulated to be gentle on skin and is paraben-free, phthalate-free and non-comedogenic so it will not clog pores.

Révélez une peau plus douce et plus éclatante, qui rayonne, grâce au masque pelable Aveeno® Positively Radiant® MaxGlow MC . Ce soin exfoliant sans rinçage et exempt de savon déloge les cellules de peau terne et fatiguée d’un seul coup à l’aide d’acides alphahydroxylés et d’un complexe de soja et de kiwi. Appliquez, laissez sécher et retirez en douceur! Ce produit est doux pour la peau, exempt de parabènes et de phtalates et non comédogène (n’obstrue pas les pores).
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2019
    2.7/5

Waste of Time and Money

I was selected to try the AVEENO POSITIVELY RADIANT MAXGLOW PEEL-OFF MASK for free from ChickAdvisor in exchange for my honest thoughts and opinions and I was not impressed. Full disclosure: I prefer a sheet mask as I find them easier to use and peel off masks are not my favourite. Anyways... the product is dispensed in a squeeze tube container and comes out a slime green color (which I think is pretty cool!). It dries on the skin clear, however, and other then the shine you wouldn't even know you had anything on your face. The consistency of the mask is VERY sticky and tacky and the product does not spread easily onto the skin. The directions say to apply a "generous amount" which you pretty much have no choice in doing. I applied the product as evenly as I could given the texture and consistency of the mask.

The directions say to wait 15-20 minutes so the mask can set - I waited 20 and the mask was totally dried. After the first 5 minutes I could feel the mask tightening and hardening and my face was so uncomfortable. I couldn't talk without wincing and was definitely not a fan of that. After suffering through the 20 minutes the fun part came - peeling it off! Except, this was literally the least fun thing I have ever done. The mask came off in tiny little pieces. Yes it was fully dry. Yes the mask was even on my face. It was just IMPOSSIBLE to peel off, let alone in a few easy pulls. I had to pick at my skin and the mask to try and get it off and it was SO painful. It pulled every single tiny hair on my face and what felt like the first layer of my skin. Ouch. After 10 minutes and having almost all of one cheek and my nose peeled off I got frustrated and just washed the rest off.

I will say that the mask did make my skin feel soft and smooth. It did make my skin look really nice - but was far too painful to ever use again. I have found cheaper masks that give the same if not better results. Overall I was not impressed with this product and will not recommend or use it again.

3.2/5

Relaxing Peel off Mask

A little bit goes a long way and it dries easily so that peeling it off is relatively painless. I would be careful if you have longer facial hair or getting it near any baby hair areas as it really sticks on your skin and peeling it off can hurt. That being said I really enjoyed the peeling off part - it's oddly satisfying. It dried transparent in some parts because I did a lighter layer and even then it was still easy to grab a hold of a corner and peel it off. Easy to wash off the rest afterwards with a cleanser too.
    Overall I really enjoyed the scent and found it easy to spread evenly. It dried really fast and my skin felt refreshed afterwards. It didn't boost my skin or leave a glow, but it was good at taking away the dead skin cell and leaving my skin smooth.
    If you enjoy masks I would give this a try. I would recommend this to friends who want a simple, easy, and refreshing mask to use.

*Disclaimer - I did receive this product for free in return for a review. Everything expressed above is my honest opinion.

Updated On: March 19, 2019

I want to clarify that the instructions say to apply a generous amount - which you can - but I found using less to create a light layer gives a similar experience. Completing lighter layers helps the product last longer and for me is worth it then!

March 19, 2019

Great face mask doesn’t peel as nice though

I like this mask! It’s a great product and did help again with my dry skin. I find that it doesn’t come off as nicely as others products I have used but it still is effective. Alittle disappointing with that bit but every other aspect was great ! Scent awesome , feeling great. Overall great product

Peel away impurities

The Aveeno Positively Radiant Maxglow Peel Off Mask is my favourite new product! I love the feeling of peeling off the mask and removing the impurities in my skin - it feels amazing!
    I received this as a free sample but will definitely purchase in the near future and recommend adding this to your weekly skincare routine for a deep cleanse into your pores.

Softer skin

Im a huge fan of peel off masks and some of them dont really work but I'm loving the Aveeno Peel off mask,so easy to apply...drys in about two minutes, easy to peel off.My skin was left feeling soft and firm.I also like the fact it has a light scent not strong.I also liked how i can cover my face completely without the mask drying before im finished.I would definitely tell people to buy this product...its small enough you can carry it in your purse... #gotitfree #tryaveenomaxglow #productreviewclub #chickadvisor

Awesome peel off mask

I love exfoliating my skin every few days to help keep it clear of environmental aggressors. This mask has soy and kiwi complex and alpha hydroxy acids to help improve my skin's texture and tone. I really enjoy this product and have been preferring it over my charcoal masks that I usually use.

I received this item complimentary from Chickadvisor. My opinion is honest and my own.

Peels off in one go!

So I received this product to try for free in exchange for my review. I absolutely love masks, and its a very important part of my weekly skincare routine. I love to try different masks and so i was very excited to try this maxglow peel off mask from aveeno. Knowing the fact that it has kiwi as one of its key ingredients i was very excited because i love fruity and refreshing smells, and this mask didn’t disappoint me here. So I applied a generous amount on my face after cleansing, the mask dried up very quickly and peeling it off was easiest. It came off in one go very easily, leaving my skin glow perfectly. I then followed it with Aveeno maxglow infusion drops mixed in with my moisturizer to get that no makeup yet glowing look. I would love to try other maxglow products from aveeno.

March 18, 2019

Less painful than the other peel off masks

The texture is like glue when you apply it on your face. It didn't really say how much you need to put so I just assume. Would be nicer if it has an applicator so it would be less messy to apply. After 20 minutes, I've peeled it off and it's less painful than the ones that I've already tried. Cant really tell if it got a lot of black/whiteheads cos of the colour, but my skin feels smooth after.

March 18, 2019

Okay mask, value not great.

I was excited to try this mask since I do love masks and the promise of glowing skin is a bonus. My first issue was upon beginning to apply I found out that I would need alot of product to cover my face is the thick layer they suggest. The mask does not spread far, so I found myself squeezing more and more in order to get good coverage. The mask smells nice, although a bit strong for me. It does dry quickly and is ready to peel in 15 minutes. Considering the ampunt of product I put on I was expecting a thicker clean pull. However like most masks, it still came off in thin pieces instead of one pull as advertised. I still needed to rinse my face to get the residual and scent off. It was also too gentle for my liking as I was hoping it might pull a few impurities with it. My skin did feel slightly softer after use, not too sure if I glow more though. This might work for others, but for me sadly it's a pass.

Left my skin glowing!

I received this product from Chick Advisor for testing purposes.

This mask was so fun, I love a good peel off mask, once it dried it was easy to remove and left my skin feeling super clean and glowy. The bottle is on the smaller side so I am not sure how many applications you will get out of it but it was a great mask, I look forward to using it again.