4.1/5
Aveeno Positively Radiant MaxGlow Peel-Off Mask Reviews
#4 in Face Masks

Reveal smoother, brighter, glowing skin with the Aveeno® Positively Radiant® MaxGlow™ Peel Off Mask. This soap-free, no-rinse exfoliator lifts away dull, tired skin in one swift move using alpha hydroxy acids, soy and kiwi complex. Simply apply, let dry and gently peel off! This product is formulated to be gentle on skin and is paraben-free, phthalate-free and non-comedogenic so it will not clog pores.

Révélez une peau plus douce et plus éclatante, qui rayonne, grâce au masque pelable Aveeno® Positively Radiant® MaxGlow MC . Ce soin exfoliant sans rinçage et exempt de savon déloge les cellules de peau terne et fatiguée d’un seul coup à l’aide d’acides alphahydroxylés et d’un complexe de soja et de kiwi. Appliquez, laissez sécher et retirez en douceur! Ce produit est doux pour la peau, exempt de parabènes et de phtalates et non comédogène (n’obstrue pas les pores).

March 25, 2019

So so mask

This mask wasn’t that great for my dry skin. Made my skin rather dry and red after peeling. My suggestion is to only use in your T zone. Avoid cheeks and dryer areas of the face because it will be too rough. I think it did a decent job on my T zone but it wasn’t strong enough to remove black & white heads. It has a pleasant smell though.

Please note I received this product complimentary from Chickadvisor for reviewing purposed

A thick layer is needed

I had mixed feelings about this product. I do like the soy/kiwi complex ingredients, but I feel you have to apply quite a thick layer or it would not peel properly. It was a bit painful peeling it off my face. It has a nice scent like all the other Aveeno soy complex face products.

March 24, 2019

Hard to remove, irritated.. smells nice.

A face mask is usually used to revive, purify and moisturize skin. Unfortunately, this mask did not achieve these effects for me. The mask was easy-ish to apply, although it did start drying a little faster than I would have liked (I was still finishing up application). When the mask was dried, it was hard to remove. It did not come off in one peel-off piece as I had expected, or hoped. Also, because of this is irritated my skin a bit, although it did feel less dry.
    Ultimately, I am not sure if this product is crummy or if it is just not right for my (dry/sensitive) skin. I will end on a positive note, the kiwi line has a fantastic scent.

** I received this product for testing and reviewing purposes **

2.2/5

March 24, 2019

Pas fait pour moi ce masque a peler !

J'ai eu la chance d'essayer gratuitement ce masque a peler grâce à la générosité de ChickAdvisor ! Ce produit n'est simplement pas fait pour moi. Il est trop agressif pour ma peau. L'application est difficile, le produit n'est pas facile a étaler de façon égale sur le visage et celui-ci est collant voir gommant. Comme plusieurs masque a peler, il est inconfortable. Lorsqu'il est venu le temps de le retirer, ma peau tirait et plusieurs petits morceaux ont restés collés. J'ai du les enlever à l'aide d'une débarbouillette mouillée. Par la suite ma peau était rouge. J'ai du mettre de la crème hydratante rapidement pour apaiser ma peau. Il n'y a pas de doute l'exfoliation se fait, mais dans mon cas c'est trop violent comment exfoliant et désagréable. Je ne recommande pas ce produit aux gens qui ont la peau sensible. La mienne n'est pas sensible habituellement, mais cette fois... oui !

March 24, 2019

Just itchy and sticky, did not feel a difference at all.

I was excited to try a peel off mask since I find them really fun, but unfortunately I did not like this one at all.
    It was okay when I applied it on my face, but after a while it felt super itchy and when I removed it, it just ripped some of my fuzzy peach hair, and I did not see any good difference in my face after using it.
    I just felt like I was peeling off glue.
    I would not really recommend it since it was supposed to be exfoliating but I did not notice any good changes in my face after using it.
    I am still glad that I had a chance to use it, thanks to ChickAdvisor and Aveeno for choosing me to try this product for free, but it's not for me.

March 23, 2019

Hard to peel off

I normally love peel off masks and use them a few times a month, but this one is not my favourite. First off, it's quite thick and it's not easy to spread it around. Also, it's small and since a thick layer is required this amount is good for just a few uses. It took longer to dry down than the recommended time, and although I know I used a thick enough layer it was hard to peel it off. It was coming off in smaller pieces and it was more painful than other masks I've tried. It did make my skin somewhat smoother.

I've received this product for free from Chickadvisor.

March 21, 2019

It is ok and is not for everybody

This product is not for everybody.
    You know those peealing of masks that basically peel of your face when you try to take them off? Well, this is one of them!
    I actually like this kind of masks because they remove the layer of dead skin and I am used to it but some people may find it painful. It does make my skin feel a little softer and exfoliated but not as clean and bright as other masks do.

When applying, make sure you don't apply a layer too thin or it will harder to peel it off. Also, if you apply a layer too thick it will take a long time to dry off, so beware.

Updated On: March 21, 2019

Disclosure: I got this product from Chick advisor, free of charge, in exchange for my unbiased opinion.

Aveeno Positively Radiant Maxglow Peel off Mask

I received the Aveeno Positively Radiant Maxglow Peel off Mask courtesy of ChickAdvisor in exchange for my honest and unbiased review #gotitfree.

The peel off mask is light green in colour and medium consistency that comes out easily in a tube. The peel off mask is infused with AHAs, soy, and kiwi and exfoliates and brightens the skin. It is also lightly scented.

The instructions state to apply a generous layer and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. You can tell when it is dry because your face appears more shiny and feels a little tight. I think that I didn't apply a thick enough layer as I was having trouble peeling the mask off. I have found that rubbing your face a little bit helps the mask come off a little and then you can start peeling. The mask comes off a small pieces and I spent quite some time peeling it and then having to rinse off the pieces that I can't peel. Also when applying the mask, you have to be quick. If you apply too thin of a layer it will dry fast and when you try to apply more it starts rubbing off and forming balls of product on your face.

After removing the mask, my face felt really smooth but other than that I didn't notice any other difference. I feel like if this mask came out all in one piece it would have been better.

Mixed results

I really wanted to love the aveeno Positively Radiant Maxglow peel off mask, unfortunately I am stuck somewhere in the middle. First, I love the natural ingredients in this mask. Second, the ingredients were gentle on my skin, which at times can be sensitive. Third, parts of my face were very soft after use.
    Now the parts I didn't love so much. First, you are to "apply a generous, even layer. That caused some issues. First, I found the mask difficult to spread evenly, and second, I had to use nearly half of the full amount just to get a layer thick enough on my skin that I could actually even see it, so in my opinion this is not a cost effective product in that regard. Secondly, "let dry for 15-20 minutes" I found inaccurate. Even though I had a difficult enough time spreading it evenly, I found that it took much longer to dry than stated. After half an hour I finally peeled it off with some discomfort as it was not a "gentle" peel, although as someone who is familiar with peel masks, this was expected. And finally, the mask did not simply peel off as expected. Parts did, which was simple, but parts of my cheeks would not. Even after the extended wait time and even layer I found that parts simply wouldn't dry consistantly therefor had to be vigourously scrubbed and picked off, which left my face red and blotchy as it would not wipe off. I also found this parts of the mask left residue which had to be removed with Micellar water.

Overall I would rate this a 5 out of 10. The parts of the mask that worked as intended left my skin feeling nice and soft, however the overall experence leaves me to feel that I would spend the suggested retail amount.

I got this product free to test.

Peel mask

I was sent this mask to review I have to say I enjoyed the smell and the way it smoother onto skin I just found hard to remove if u don’t put an even thick layer it’s difficult and messy to remove but once I did remove my skin was soft and had a lit from within glow.