Becel Unsalted Plant-Based Bricks Reviews

Becel is proud to introduce our new Becel Plant-Based Bricks – a plant-based alternative made for butter lovers.  From flaky pastry to rich curries and browned “butter,” new Becel Plant-Based Bricks taste, cook and bake just like dairy butter. Becel Plant-Based Bricks are available in both Salted and Unsalted varieties with 25% less saturated fat than dairy butter.

You might also like: Becel Salted Plant-Based Bricks

Good Butter Substitute

I received this for free as part of the Family Rated Product Review Club. As others have said, it was easy to find in a grocery store and is located near butter & margarine on the store shelf. Although butter can be delicious, I find myself pursuing a more plant-based diet for health and environmental reasons these days. I have baked and cooked with both butter and with other plant-based butter alternatives like Earth Balance and vegan Becel.

Price-wise, good news! It seems to be cost a bit less than brand name butter. I found the packaging attractive, and liked the measurements on the package. When used for frying, ingredients like eggs and vegetables did not stick to the pan. And it’s healthier too – 25% less saturated fat than butter.

The plant-based brick creamed nicely with sugar when I made family-fave chocolate chip cookies. Like butter, it’s solid when refrigerated and softens nicely when not. Family consensus: they love the cookies!

May 30, 2020

J’ai tout aimé de ce produit

J’ai reçu ce produit pour tester gratuitement de ChickAdvisor
    #gotitforfree

J’ai littéralement tout aimé de ce produit. J’achète de la margarine Becel d’habitude, mais en contenant de plastique. Ce format est plus facilement disposable dans mon réfrigérateur et l’emballage est de loin meilleur pour l’environnement.

Ce produit est super pratique pour faire la cuisson de gâteau ou biscuit. C’est un format parfait. La texture est aussi parfaite.

Je compte bien en racheter!

Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada

Good for baking and other uses

I do a lot of baking. I'm doing even more lately. I got it for free from Family Rated but I did notice the listed price when I picked it up, it was what I would have expected. It's very easy to use, just cut off the desired amount. I liked the taste, I doesn't taste like butter but it's not supposed to. It's a vegan and gluten free product. Dairy free. The unsalted is especially good for baking or for sodium reduced diets.

Becel Plant Based Bricks-Unsalted

Are you looking for a healthier alternative to butter when making your baked goods? Becel Plant Based Unsalted Bricks have all the flavour and texture of butter. My kids could not tell the difference between butter vs Plant Based alternative when we baked together. Becel Plant Based bricks are a great non-dairy alternative to butter.

Great Butter Alternative

I had the opportunity to try Becel Plant-Based Bricks (unsalted) courtesy of Family Rated. I first used the product to make Rice Krispy squares. One advantage that I noticed immediately was the fact that the product is soft right out of the fridge. No more having to take out the butter in advance when you want to bake! I haven't used Becel to cook with before but it seemed to have the same results as using butter, including the taste. The brick format makes it easy to measure out exact amounts for a recipe. This product has fewer calories and grams of fat compared to a pound of butter, and the price point is about the same. I would certainly consider purchasing this product for my baking needs in future.

Amazing for Baking!

I had the chance to try a Becel unsalted plant based brick recently courtesy of Family Rated. It's ideal if you are vegan or have a dairy allergy. I've been using it on toast, on veggies, anywhere you'd use butter. It spreads easily and has a good flavour (although a salted version is probably better for toast!) Today I used it to make banana bread and it works perfectly for baking, blending nicely and completely taking the place of butter with no issues.

If you don't use dairy products like me or you'd like to cut back, give this a try (it comes in salted as well).
    #gotitfree

Amazing For Baking

I do not follow a plant based diet but you can’t tell the difference! I was pleasantly surprised by the taste and texture. It is a little softer then butter in the container. I used the Becel Unsalted Plant Based Bricks to bake banana bread due to quarantine. I couldn’t tell the difference in flavour but love that it was unsalted so I could add the salt if I chose too.

*I Received This Product For Free For My Honest Review*

Great butter alternative

I received this for free as part of the Product Review Club. It was easy to find in the grocery store and was with all of the othe butter and margarines. I'm not vegan but I've been trying to eat more plant based, plus I am lactose intolerant so try to reduce the amount of dairy I eat. I like to make a lemon garlic butter sauce for pasta but margarine gives it a different flavour and thickness than butter. This is what I made with the plant based brick and it was exactly like butter. It melted perfectly and gave a nice creaminess that you don't get with margarine and it tasted exactly like if I had made it with butter. I'm curious to see how it freezes because that's usually how I store my butter. Assuming it freezes well, I'll be buying this instead of butter. Great alternative for anyone trying to eat more plant based or are dairy-free.

Great plant based product

As someone who is always looking for healthier options and to add more plant based foods to my diet, I was excited to try this product. It was a great tasting option in replace of traditional butter. It cooked just like butter and had a good texture and flavour. It would be great to use in baking or just everyday on toast or pancakes. I received this free through Family Rated to try, but I would buy again as a healthier, plant based option. It was a great product and option. The flavour is very similar to butter and I would not know it was plant based if I did not see the package.

Tastes Like Butter!

I tested the Becel Unsalted Plant-Based Bricks for free from FamilyRated. I love how they were packaged, individual bricks. I made a cake for my family using the Becel Plant-Based Bricks The bricks made it easy for measuring the amount needed & made it less messy. The Becel Unsalted Plant-Based butter tasted like regular butter. It is tastes good, smooth feeling and smells like regular butter.