Becel Unsalted Plant-Based Bricks Reviews

Becel is proud to introduce our new Becel Plant-Based Bricks – a plant-based alternative made for butter lovers.  From flaky pastry to rich curries and browned “butter,” new Becel Plant-Based Bricks taste, cook and bake just like dairy butter. Becel Plant-Based Bricks are available in both Salted and Unsalted varieties with 25% less saturated fat than dairy butter.

You might also like: Becel Salted Plant-Based Bricks

May 31, 2020

First time trying plant based butter

When I first opened it, it looks like any other butter. I'm surprised that it's dairy free and it doesn't have any artificial preservatives flavors or colors. It tastes like any other non salted butter. I'm happy that it's also healthy and I can use it for when I'm cooking healthy food and baking healthy dessert. It was my first time using a plant based butter.

May 31, 2020

Belle alternative au traditionnel beurre!!

J'ai grandement apprécié tester ce produit Becel obtenu gratuitement par l'entremise de "Family Rated".
    En étant intolérante au lactose, j'ai trouvé qu'il s'agissait d'une belle alternative au beurre.
    Sur de simples roties ou encore dans les recettes de biscuits, ce produit est excellent et il est difficile de goûter la différence.
    Je recommende ce nouveau produit sans hésiter!!

Delicieux

J'ai adoré ce produit "Brique Becel à base de plante non salé, son gout est similaire à celui du beurre mais sans toutes les calories que contient le beurre. Le Gout final après la cuisson est excellent. Je vais défénitivement en racheter et je le recommande.

May 31, 2020

Becel Plant-Based Bricks: Just like Butter!

I enjoyed trying out the Unsalted Becel Plant-Based Brick! I made butter cookies with it and they came out great, you wouldn’t be able to tell that it wasn’t butter, it performed just like regular butter. I love the fact that it’s dairy free and vegan. I try to avoid having too much dairy so this is a great option for cooking or even spreading it on toast. I would highly recommend this product if you are looking for a vegan and dairy free option.

*i was able to try this product complimentary for my honest opinion.

May 31, 2020

Going to replace butter in my house!

I got a coupon for Becel Unsalted Plant-Based Bricks to try for free as part of the Product Review Club for FamilyRated!

When I first received my coupon, I looked for it at my local grocery store and they did not have the product, and had never heard of it. Due to the pandemic, I waited until I had to go out again to try and get it, and I was successful! There were only 3 bricks of unsalted left, which tells me that it is a popular item!

I have never liked salty food, and rarely add extra salt to any foods I eat or prepare. I tried a teensy bit of the Becel plant-based brick on its own and because it is unsalted, even I found it quite bland. However, what I was really interested in was how the Becel would do in replacing butter in my baking!

I decided to bake chocolate chip cookies on a whim, as I usually do, so I didn’t have time to take my Becel out beforehand. It didn’t matter one bit! I was able to cut the brick in half using the measurements on the packaging. CreamIng the Becel plant-based margarine with my white and brown sugars happened quickly and easily, then I added the rest of my wet, then dry, ingredients. The dough was perfect (which I’ve struggled with using butter!), and I scooped it out onto my cookie pan. 10 minutes later I had the most delicious cookies! They were crisp on the outside and soft on the inside, just like cookies I’ve made with butter! I always struggle making cookies with butter, but these took me all of 20 minutes, start to finish!

Having the unsalted margarine was perfect, as I try to prepare things without sodium for my fiancée who has heart disease. Butter is really bad for him, so I am very pleased that Becel Plant-Based Bricks can replace butter, and it’s so much healthier for him. It’s also better for the environment, as there are no animal by-products used to make the bricks.

The price point for the Becel bricks is comparable or less, to name brand butter.

I highly recommend Becel Unsalted Plant-Based Bricks! These bricks also come in salted, if that is your preference.

Not only will I buy Becel Unsalted Plant-Based Bricks again, but I will be replacing butter with them!

Pleasant Surprise

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. I typically use butter when baking not margarine so I was excited to try this product out. I found that it provided a similar taste and consistency to my cookies. It did not take as long to soften compared to butter, which was nice as I often forget to pull the butter out ahead of time. It is a comparative price to butter so I would consider buying it again.

#gotitfree

May 31, 2020

You butter believe this is good!

I will start by saying that we are a butter family and very rarely purchase margarine. I was pleasantly surprised when I subbed the unsalted Plant Based Becel for butter in one of our favourite cheese biscuit recipes. My husband didn’t notice a difference, and honestly - neither did I! The taste and texture in every step was amazing and I will definitely purchase again! Thanks Becel and Family Rated for allowing me to try this new product for free

My New Go-To

I received this product free to try and offer an honest opinion.

First of all, the price for this product is not bad at all. I was expecting it to be much more expensive considering it is a plant based product.

I used it to make a butter tart recipe and I was impressed. The consistency of the brick was just like dairy butter other than being a bit softer right out of the fridge. It manipulated the same way in my dough and the consistency of the dough was the same.. It came out nice and flaky and held up well to the fairly liquid filling and baking process. I find I missed the buttery taste a bit but not enough to stop using it.

I would suggest measurements on the packaging for ease while baking but otherwise this is a product I enjoyed using and will continue to use for baking and cooking on a daily basis.

@BecelCA @Becel @FamilyRated

#BecelPlantBasedBricks #ButterLoversLoveIt
    #FamilyRated #FamilyRatedClub
    #gotitfree

New Brunswick, Canada

Just like butter!

Tried this in my favorite mint chocolate chip cookie recipe and couldn’t tell it wasn’t made with regular butter. The only difference I noticed was when I was softening the product in preparation of adding it to the mixing bowl. This product gets very soft, very quickly. When you want to bake right away you will have to wait less for this to be ready.

Updated On: May 31, 2020

#GotItFree

May 31, 2020

Finally - a worthy vegan alternative to butter!

I had previously used the Becel vegan margarine in baking for vegan friends and had a great experience (so much so that my guests actually enjoyed the vegan desserts more than the standard ones!). When I found out that Becel had come out with a vegan, plant-based alternative to butter, I was excited to give it a try as I'm not the biggest fan of margarine. This definitely didn't disappoint. I didn't find that this butter affected the texture or consistency of my baking, but there was a slightly noticeable difference in taste - not a bad taste, but just different from the norm (for reference, I'm also the type of person who immediately tastes when there are artificial sweeteners in something, so my tastebuds tend to be more sensitive). I also liked that this was quicker to soften up than regular butter, which makes it much easier to bake on a whim! I'm so relieved to have found this product and will be a lot less stressed the next time I'm invited to a vegan friend's potluck - this honestly makes it so much easier to whip up any of my regular treats and make it vegan!

I #gotitfree to try through the FamilyRated Club.