Becel Unsalted Plant-Based Bricks Reviews

Becel is proud to introduce our new Becel Plant-Based Bricks – a plant-based alternative made for butter lovers.  From flaky pastry to rich curries and browned “butter,” new Becel Plant-Based Bricks taste, cook and bake just like dairy butter. Becel Plant-Based Bricks are available in both Salted and Unsalted varieties with 25% less saturated fat than dairy butter.

You might also like: Becel Salted Plant-Based Bricks

July 11, 2020

Try it! I like it

I tried on my toast and it really tastes good. Then I baked with it and My cake its very good, soft and not much fat on it. I definitely recommend becel.

July 11, 2020
    Saskatchewan, Canada

No one could tell it wasn't butter!

We substituted the Becel Unsalted Plant Based Bricks for Butter and no one in the house even noticed the difference! It worked perfectly for baking, spreading on toast, cooking, and more. This is a great non-dairy alternative for people who are lactose intolerant or vegan.

July 10, 2020

Honestly, can't even taste the difference!

Love this plant-based becel alternative! This tasted exactly like regular butter and worked well in my baking and on my toast. My partner did not even realize that it was plant-based until I told him and he was pleasantly surprised as well! This will definitely be repurchased as a butter alternative for this household!

July 10, 2020

Could Not Find Product

I went to 4 grocery stores (big brands) and could not find this product. Could have been due to current situation.....
    Had to select ratings and just picked the middle of the road

Tastes just like butter

This was a pleasant surprise. I did not expect it to be this good. It worked well in my pasta sauce and in my baking. I am not one who likes change but this did not alter the results in any way.

Good product

This becel is a very good product for alternative with its plant-based ingredients.
    Great taste also!
    Would definitely buy again!!
    Très bon produit à base de plantes.

Impressive for baking

I was a bit septical at first since my first time trying it was so i can do a plant-based buttercream icing for a 3 layer cake plus my ac was not working that day and it waa severely hot so i was scared that i would add a weird taste to the buttercream icing ,that it would not hold because it was too hot but nop that buttercream icing was delicious and perfect texture . Worth using it for baking!

July 08, 2020

Just like butter but plant based!!

I was so excited about this product as I have been trying to eat more plant based foods. This is a good alternative to butter and it tastes good. I have sautéed and pan fried with it and no one could tell it was not butter. I have yet to bake with it.

July 07, 2020

Difficult to find, but worth it

While it was difficult to find this product under covid restrictions, I was pleasantly surprised that it tasted as good as it does! I'm a complete sceptic when it comes to margarines of any kind, but would buy this for lent and when I can't have dairy. Very glad I was introduced to this butter alternative! Still can't 100% leave butter, because undying love for it, but this is a really amazing option. Very smooth, and important to me that you can get it unsalted!

July 07, 2020

Best alternative out there

I got this product free courtesy of FamilyRated.com. I am excited to review this after making some butter pecan tarts using this vegan-friendly, non-dairy brick! It mimics the taste and texture of dairy butter really well. It’s great for potlucks too since many people have Dietary restrictions. My sister is lactose intolerant so she was happy to hear that she was able to enjoy it!