Becel Unsalted Plant-Based Bricks Reviews

Becel is proud to introduce our new Becel Plant-Based Bricks – a plant-based alternative made for butter lovers.  From flaky pastry to rich curries and browned “butter,” new Becel Plant-Based Bricks taste, cook and bake just like dairy butter. Becel Plant-Based Bricks are available in both Salted and Unsalted varieties with 25% less saturated fat than dairy butter.

You might also like: Becel Salted Plant-Based Bricks

November 20, 2020

Perfect For Baking

We only use Becel. It's perfect to use as a substitute to butter and its plant-based! I love how neat and tidy the measurements are on each stick. it's less expensive than actual butter too so super affordable. Absolutely would recommend.

October 15, 2020

Awesome alternative

Generally I use butter for baking(when onsale), but I always forget to take it out of the fridge. Even other margarine bricks need to soften. This product can be used straight from the fridge, which is awesome when I forget to plan ahead. I did find the price high (on par with real butter) but when on sale and with a coupon i was able to get it for 50 cents which was an absolute steal. While i would rather buy butter for the price, it's an awesome product to keep an eye out for on sale!

1.3/5

August 12, 2020

This product turns to oil as soon as it is heated making anything you try to cook with it coated in oil and grease. My husband used it on chicken and the oil literally poured off of it. I made a peach cobbler with it and it absolutely drowned it in oil. I literally had to spoon it off the top. I’m vegan, and can attest that there are so many better products out there or recipes that don’t call for this kind of processed stuff. This will be going in the garbage.

July 31, 2020

Good Butter Substitute

When I received a voucher to try for free for my opinion, I will admit I was skeptical. I pretty much only use butter in my baking, not even margarine so trying a plant based version was going to be a test. I decided, why not give it a shot. And I must say, it works just as well as butter and a good substitute. I made banana bread with chocolate chips and it was so moist. You couldn’t tell the difference. I actually didn’t tell my family. And they are non the wiser. While the price is a little higher compared to butter (since I usually Price Match) but I would still recommend if you are looking for a plant based product or need a butter substitute. Overall I’m happy!!! Thank you!!!

July 30, 2020

Great dairy free option

I love this product it's the perfect option if you are looking for something dairy free and it's delicious 😊 I think that this product is very reasonably priced.

July 30, 2020

Taste great

I loved this product. It was simple to use and worked in my baking just as well as butter or other hard margarine's. I will for sure be looking for this again and it will most likely be replacing my everyday butter.

July 29, 2020

Très bon!

Très semblable au beurre normal je trouve! Le goût et la texture sont presque identique! Ma famille na pas vu de difference non plus! J'en racheterai, c'est certain !

July 28, 2020

Nice Surprise

I received this product for free for my honest opinion.

I used the plant based margarine in two recipes and they both came out delicious! My husband was really impressed with the buttery taste of the margarine and said it may have made the muffins a little more moist.

July 28, 2020

Une belle alternative!

J’ai pu tester le produit gratuitement avec familyrated, et ce fut une belle découverte.

J’ai utilisé le produit dans une recette de croustade au fraise, et le goût était le même avec la margarine à base de plantes qu’avec du beurre régulier. La seule différence que j’ai vue, j’ai du ajouter un peu d’ingrédients sec car la margarine fondu me semblait plus liquide que le beurre fondu, mais au final, c'est mieux car je pourrais en mettre moins la prochaine fois!

Je recommande le produit, c’est une belle alternative au beurre traditionnel, un peu plus santé et surtout, sans lactose et à moindre coût!

July 27, 2020
    Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada

Fantastic

Our whole family Was able to try this free product and love it. It was smooth and creamy. And knowing it’s plant based helped. My husband And I both vegetarians so this was a product we would definitely but again!