Prestige Item
Dr. Belmeur Advanced CICA Recovery Cream Reviews

Recovery cream that provides intense care by creating a barrier similar to the skin's own to moisturize and improve damaged skin. Custom-made formula Skin-sync Rx™, containing ceramide, panthenol, centella asiatica extract and 3 other effective ingredients that improves the skin barrier to strengthen the skin’s own energy. The Advanced CICA Recovery collection offers a custom-made formula that helps improve damaged skin.

La crème régénératrice CICA forme une riche barrière d’hydratation similaire à celle de l’épiderme pour nourrir et réparer la peau abîmée. La formule sur-mesure Skin-sync Rx™ à base de céramide, de panthénol, d’extrait de centella asiatica et de trois autres ingrédients actifs, revitalise la peau en renforçant la barrière cutanée. La collection Advanced CICA offre une formule développée sur-mesure qui améliore l’état des peaux endommagées.

For more information, please visit TheFaceShop.ca

You may also like Dr. Belmeur Advanced CICA Recovery Serum and Panthenol Soothing Gel Cream
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2018

2.7/5

February 22, 2019

broke me out

I have sensitive skin, combo in the winter and oily in summer. I was really excited to try this because the ingredients sounded perfect. This however broke me out and clogged my pores for weeks before i stopped using it. It wasn't so much direct acne, but overall congestion and my face was bumpy and red all over. This is WAY TOO RICH for oily/sensitive skin. If you have dry skin it may work.

October 26, 2018

My new night cream!

I'm not usually fussy about creams - all I need it to do is moisturize my face and either have a nice fragrance, or none at all. After a coworker insisted that I tried Dr. Belmeur's Advanced CICA Recovery cream because it did wonders for her skin, I decided to give it a shot.

My first impression was that the packaging was nice and sturdy; and it definitely has a high quality feel to it. I like that it came with a little applicator stick which was also made with a sturdy material and can be used without risk of breaking before you're done the product. Although I didn't need to use it myself, I know that some people like that its more hygienic.

The cream itself is richer than what I would use for daytime, light pink in colour, and has a lovely light fragrance. Application is smooth and it instantly makes your skin feel moisturized and healthy. Although it takes a while to fully absorb, I don't mind this quality in since I use it as a night cream. By morning, my skin has absorbed it fully and feels really soft to touch.

After a week of using this product, I realized how dry I let my skin get normally by not moisturizing daily. My skin feels a lot smoother in areas like my forehead and hyper-pigmentation leftover from acne appear to disappear faster with the use of this cream.

I definitely recommend this product to anyone!

* I received this product for free to try as a ChickAdvisor staff member.

September 22, 2018

Awesome as a night cream

It was an okay night cream and came with a scooping stick. Night Creams tend to be very hit or miss with my combination skin; too thin and it drips off my face, too thick and it feels heavy, uncomfortable. This one is the later, for someone with dry skin it'd be fantastic but my skin tend more towards oily in the summer, I'll be using this on my flaky skin in the winter.

If you're sensitive to scents, it has an extremely light scent and it didn't cause any reaction with my sensitive skin. Price wise I find that $48 is a little steep for a night cream. I have tried more expensive brands but I tend to wait til the mini packs go on sale.

I had issues trying to figure out what everything was and when to use it (under makeup or at night). There's a major language barrier issue, I like Korean/K-Beauty and usually they're good about explaining on the actual packaging how to use it but I had a name of Cica Cream and that's it to go on. I feel sorry for anyone who threw away the packaging.

Updated On: September 22, 2018

I received this product complimentary from ChickAdvisor for my honest review.

September 21, 2018

Loved it!

I received this as a sample from ChickAdvisor and I really liked it.
    It went on thick but it absorbed into my skin nicely and left it feeling nice and moisturized.

September 21, 2018

Lovely overnight skin cream

I received this product for free from Chick Advisor- This cream is very thick and takes a little while to soak into your skin so I used this only as an overnight cream. It goes on very smoothly and was gentle on my sensitive skin. I enjoyed using this product and it left my skin feeling moisturized. I really liked this product.

September 20, 2018

Drink for the skin

I very much enjoyed this product. It's a thicker consistency so I used it overnight. My skin soaked this in so well, it left zero film on my skin and my skin was not oily which is usually a concern for a moisturizing cream. There was no heavy smell which I appreciated

September 20, 2018

Nice night time cream

I really liked this cream. I used it for about two weeks as a night time lotion after my usual nighttime skincare routine. I liked that it sunk into my skin nicely and didn't smell strongly. I can't say if it made a huge difference by itself since I was also testing the serum and the gel cream at the same time. But the regime of all three was super nice for my skin and was moisturizing enough for summer time.

September 19, 2018

Very rich and creamy

I have particularly sensitive skin so I was interested to see how I was going to react. Happily I had no negative reactions to this cream at all, no matter how much I used it. I get particularly dry on my forehead and chin, and this has worked wonders for those areas. I have been using it as a night cream, and it definitely isn't too heavy, and soaks in better than some other creams I have tried. During the summer and winter months when my skin is worse this is going to be a lifesaver.

September 18, 2018

Rich!

I love how this cream is very rich, yet not heavy. My skin gets very dry at times regardless of the season, I'm really glad I had the chance to try the Cica Recovery Cream since it worked miracles on my face!! It absorbed quickly as I massaged it into my skin, the was no greasiness or residue, and there's virtually no scent to it. My skin has quite the treat every time I use it, especially when combined with other Dr. Belmeur products (:

September 18, 2018

Rich, creamy, thick moisture

This is a super rich cream! I've been so hot and sweaty lately so I haven't used this one every day, but I've used it on my nose daily after a sunburn. I can tell this is going to be my winter favourite of the three I tried - I will absolutely, 100% always have a jar of this in my bathroom. Everything causes me to break out with either a rash from the ingredients or from clogged pores. This one did neither! The only somewhat downside was it left my face feeling a bit greasy BUT it was literally 34 degrees Celsius with the Humidex every day I sampled this, so take that with a grain of salt. I preferred using this before bed on areas of severely dry skin because it absolutely quenches dry patches!

I've already bought more Dr. Belmeur products, and I am so grateful to have been introduced to the Face Shop! No testing on animals!! I AM CONVERTED!