John Frieda Violet Crush for Blondes Intensive Purple Shampoo Reviews
#17 in Shampoo

Knock out stubborn brassy tones in 1 use for cooler, brighter blonde.

With crushed violet and blue pigments, this rich intensive formula reduces both yellow and orange tones to keep blonde looking cooler and brighter. Safe for use on natural, colour treated, platinum blonde, and lightened brunette hair. Peroxide-free and ammonia-free formula.

HOW TO USE: Gently massage into wet hair, lather, and rinse well. For more intense results, and to fight stubborn brassiness, leave shampoo on hair for 2-3 minutes. Use daily until your desired colour result is achieved. To maintain those results, use this shampoo daily. For best results, follow with Violet Crush Purple Conditioner.

Rinse hands immediately after applying shampoo to hair to avoid purple pigment on your hands.

United Kingdom

Speechless!!!

All time favorite!!
    I'm a first time user of this product, and oh my, I am so pleased!!

First great thing is that you REALLY only need a small amount of shampoo. Then, unlike many other shampoos for blonde hair, that I have used before, this product actually feels as though it properly cleanses your hair on just the first wash!

Next up, the pictures speak for itself...
    On the left, is a picture taken before using this shampoo. In the middle, I'd the result from one wash, and on the right, is the result from just TWO washes!!!!

Worcestershire, United Kingdom

A wonder shampoo for bleached hair

Recently had my hair highlighted and although happy with it, there were still tones that looked a little brassy and fake - this shampoo lathers up really well - left on for a few minutes followed by my usual conditioner, this really made a difference to the colour. It says you can use daily but will probably use once a week. A great find, I have used several different purple shampoos but this is the best!!

Barnsley, United Kingdom

Great shampoo for brassy hair

I was really happy to recieve this #gotitfree has I have dyed blonde hair that goes brassy very quickly. I found when I used this that it bubbled up well and didn't stain has someothers do. My hair feel soft and health and I can really see a difference. Will purchase on the future.

Cheshire, United Kingdom

Amazing!

This shampoo has changed my life! I’ve got very light blonde balayage which tends to get brassy very quickly, after just one wash with this shampoo my blonde looked like I’d just walked out of the salon, and no purple staining! Love it!

United Kingdom

Brightening up my blonde hair

I was really surprised at the effectiveness of this shampoo. It's thick and quite rich in texture and lathers well in my hair. It didn't stain my hands like some other purple shampoos I've tried, so not sure it was quite as effective. The scent was okay, nothing amazing, and it was easy to squeeze the bottle with wet hands in the shower. Overall, after blow drying my hair, I did notice that it was a brighter and whiter blonde. It really had lifted the darker blonde and orange tones, so I was really impressed! Especially at the price too, in comparison to other salon brands I use.

Updated On: November 05, 2019

I got this for free from Chick Advisor in exchange for my opinion.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom

I'm not loving this

I've only used this once, as the messy purple liquid just seemed to go everywhere while washing my hair, my nails were purple and my scalp was dyed I just couldn't get all the shampoo out

Renfrewshire, United Kingdom

Highly recommended product

This is the 3rd purple shampoo I have tried. For years I have bleached my hair and recently changed a darker blonde which gave me quite orangey/brassy tones. After using this shampoo even just once it's removed the orangey tones and made my hair a beautiful light blonde colour. It definitely does what it says on the bottle. The shampoo smells amazing and leaves my hair feeling so soft. Only one I would buy now.

Rotherham, United Kingdom

Very Good

I was totally shuck with this purple shampoo, I used this for the first time and you could see an amazing stand out difference in the tone of my hair, it took away almost all the brassy tones in my hair (had quite a lot and it not long since dyed it)
    When I use this shampoo I follow it with a hair mask just so my hair don’t get dried out.
    This shampoo is a little pricey but worth it as you don’t need to use loads in one use and you only need to use it 1 to 2 times a week or as and when needed.
    I would buy it when I run out.

Wigan, United Kingdom

I have bought this product again as well as the conditioner

Having blonde hair I often find a yellow tinge and have tried other shampoos the promise to get rid of the brassiness. They do as promised but leave my hair feeling like straw. I was sceptical about this but I needn't have worried. Left my hair feeling soft and easy to comb and style.removed all brassiness. I only left on my hair a few minutes but would leave longer if I wanted the platinum look. Works best with the conditioner. Cant get a bit messy if you squeeze out too much but a great shampoo.

Hillingdon, United Kingdom

Fabulously Invigorating

#gotitforfree The fabulously invigorating metallic lush purple that oozes out of the tube is brilliant. It makes me happy just looking at it. It makes me even happier after using for a little over a week. There was a noticeable difference to my hair's natural highlights after just two washes. I have completely untreated hair and am used to being in a sunny climate for most of the year. My hair goes a mousy flat brown in the winter months but this shampoo has made such a difference friends have commented and asked if I've died my hair!