Johnson's® Baby Shampoo Reviews

JOHNSON’S® Baby Shampoo is a gentle, no-tears and hypoallergenic shampoo that cleanses and rinses easily, leaving baby’s hair soft, shiny, light and smelling fresh.
  • Pediatrician and dermatologist-tested
  • Hypoallergenic; formulated to be gentle and never harsh
  • The NO MORE TEARS® formula allows is as gentle to the eyes as pure water, allowing for a tear-free experience
  • No parabens, phthalates, sulfates or dyes
    FamilyRated Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2019

September 10, 2019
    United States

Not a good product for babies

I do not like this product. It dried out my sons skin and scalp. Even if I used lotion on his skin after a bath, his skin was so dry that nothing helped. I used another product for bath time and his dry skin went away.

September 05, 2019
    Ohio, United States

Made my baby break out! :(

Johnson&Johnson;was the first brand I used when I brought my baby home, but to my dismay my babies' sensitive skin couldn't handle the "gentle" soap. Smells great..not so great for brand-new, sensitive skin.

1.5/5

July 22, 2019
    England, United Kingdom

Baby broke out in rash

I purchased this item, all I can say it’s a lovely bottle but it didn’t take to my baby’s skin. He broke out into a rash the following morning when he woke up.

July 05, 2019

Not a fan

I used to love johnson and johnson but i have found that their products have changed over the years. The new formula i feel has a strong sent and is not gentle on my babies skin. I would not recommend for babies with sensitive skin.

July 03, 2019

Bad for sensitive skin!

My daughter severely broke out in rashes when using any Johnson’s product! Even if it was specified for sensitive skin. Upon further investigation, I found that it’s got ingredients in it that aren’t good for your skin, so if you or your child has any sensitivities, STAY AWAY!

2.0/5

June 21, 2019

I used to buy this all the time

As a teenager and young adult I personally used this shampoo but a few years ago they changed how they make it and I haven’t bought it since. In my opinion it used to be perfect.

June 07, 2019

Left baby dry

I wasn't very impressed with Johnson's baby wash. I bought this for my newborn as it seems that's what you buy for baby shampoo and wash. I tried it for a few weeks and it constantly left my baby's skin dry. But other than that the smell was nice

April 16, 2019

The price says it all !

I would usually give products a good rating . I however feel that this product has to much added junk to it these days . I have tried it on my older kids and my baby and they all developed a bad rash . I will not be using this product again . Sorry Johnston’s baby :( not a fan

1.2/5

February 13, 2019

Pas pour les bébés aux cheveux crépus

Ce shampooing assèche et mêle les cheveux de mon bébé. J'utilise maintenant une autre marque plus adapté et qui hydrate bien. Johnson devrait se diversifier.

2.0/5

January 14, 2019

original johnsons baby shampoo

i do not recommend this product as it states that its tear free which is not the case, my kids -when i did use it- screamed all the time while washing there hair, my best friend also is a professional hairdresser and they use this product or recommend it, to strip color out of your hair, now if this product can bleach color out of someones hair obviously its not really as gentle or tearless as proclaimed...i would not recommend this product, for children!!!