4.9/5
Orange is the New Black season one Reviews
Ranked #28 in DVD

Good - 0

May 30, 2017

I absolutely love Orange is the New Black . It's loosely based on a woman named Piper Kerman and her experience in a woman's jail and the injustices these women endured .

It's a Netflix original show that started in 2013. It's about Piper Kerman who's a middle class American going to jail for a crime she comitted when she was younger . It's about the power struggles and the need to fit in for safety purposes .

The series creator is jenji kohan and some people may know her work from Weeds . The show is done very well especially considering there are so many characters to keep up with . They do present time and flash back and that helps us get to know these characters .

I'm looking forward to the new season starting so I can binge watch in one sitting lol the episodes are approx 45 mins long and 13 episodes . I highly recommend.

May 30, 2017

Honestly I thought this would be just another jail show but it turned out to be way more then that. Love the characters and the twists... The relationships gah! Everything is awesome about this show.. I binge watch all seasons!

May 30, 2017

I loved orange is the new black and binge watched the first season in like 3 days! I even got my boyfriend into it, he find it interesting to see a woman's prison show because there really aren't alot of them out there. There are so many lovable characters from Popper to Pussay, this seris was full of emotions for me and I 100% recommend I can't wait for the latest season to come out !!!

April 24, 2017

When I first watched this show I couldn't stop watching it, it was so intense and hot, it had the perfect amount of drama. I would recommend watching this to anyone especially if they like Ruby Rose.

March 08, 2017

When i started to watch this show on netflix, i binge watched this in less than a week. It was SO GOOD. The stories are created so well. There wasn't really a show out there like this so it was fresh ! I love the characters in this, and the seasons just keep getting better !

February 27, 2017

When Orange is the New Black season one came out, I binge watched it all in one weekend - that is how awesome it is! I am a huge fan of true crime documentaries, podcasts, etc. and this sitcom gives you a bit of a look into the criminal justice system and jail system in the USA - something that I haven't had an opportunity to learn a lot about. Though it is fiction you still get the feel and it's in a very entertaining way! There are lots of great life lessons and it will make you laugh :)

February 27, 2017

Season 1 of Orange Is The New Black was one of the best seasons in my opinion. Really solid storyline and set the premise for the entire show. Introduced a ton of key characters and left us wanting more.

September 29, 2016

Super bonne série de la part de netflix. Je l'ai apprécié du début à la fin. Les personnages sont attachantes et l'histoire nous fait décrocher de notre vie !

September 28, 2016

I first subscribed to Netflix the year that this came out, in summer 2013. I immediately became addicted to the series, and so began my experience with binge-watching.

The first season is 13 episodes long, with each episode running somewhere between 50 and 60 minutes. It was created by Jenji Kohan, who is well-known for her work on Weeds, and is loosely based on the 2010 non-fiction novel Orange is the New Black: My Year in a Women's Prison, by Piper Kerman. Kerman also serves as executive consultant on the show.

The lead character is Piper Chapman, who is based on author Piper Kerman. Piper becomes involved with a woman named Alex Vause and assists her with her drug trafficking and money laundering schemes. She gets sent to a women's prison to serve her sentence alongside the show's many wacky and colourful characters.

I really enjoy how this show is structured. Each episode focuses on flashbacks to provide backstory for a specific character, while simultaneously pushing the current plot forward. This formula works very well, in my opinion, as these transitions are quite seamless and often have a connection to what's going on presently in the prison. The show walks the fine line of comedy and drama so well that, when it comes to award shows, people have had long discussions as to which category it should be placed.

This serves as a great introduction to the series, which is still running and is currently one of my favourite shows. I highly recommend it if you have a Netflix subscription.