Orange is the New Black season one
Good

Orange is the New Black season one Reviews

Ranked #33 out of 1011 in DVD

April 24, 2017

When I first watched this show I couldn't stop watching it, it was so intense and hot, it had the perfect amount of drama. I would recommend watching this to anyone especially if they like Ruby Rose.

March 08, 2017

When i started to watch this show on netflix, i binge watched this in less than a week. It was SO GOOD. The stories are created so well. There wasn't really a show out there like this so it was fresh ! I love the characters in this, and the seasons just keep getting better !

February 27, 2017

When Orange is the New Black season one came out, I binge watched it all in one weekend - that is how awesome it is! I am a huge fan of true crime documentaries, podcasts, etc. and this sitcom gives you a bit of a look into the criminal justice system and jail system in the USA - something that I haven't had an opportunity to learn a lot about. Though it is fiction you still get the feel and it's in a very entertaining way! There are lots of great life lessons and it will make you laugh :)

February 27, 2017

Season 1 of Orange Is The New Black was one of the best seasons in my opinion. Really solid storyline and set the premise for the entire show. Introduced a ton of key characters and left us wanting more.

September 29, 2016

Super bonne série de la part de netflix. Je l'ai apprécié du début à la fin. Les personnages sont attachantes et l'histoire nous fait décrocher de notre vie !

September 28, 2016

I first subscribed to Netflix the year that this came out, in summer 2013. I immediately became addicted to the series, and so began my experience with binge-watching.

The first season is 13 episodes long, with each episode running somewhere between 50 and 60 minutes. It was created by Jenji Kohan, who is well-known for her work on Weeds, and is loosely based on the 2010 non-fiction novel Orange is the New Black: My Year in a Women's Prison, by Piper Kerman. Kerman also serves as executive consultant on the show.

The lead character is Piper Chapman, who is based on author Piper Kerman. Piper becomes involved with a woman named Alex Vause and assists her with her drug trafficking and money laundering schemes. She gets sent to a women's prison to serve her sentence alongside the show's many wacky and colourful characters.

I really enjoy how this show is structured. Each episode focuses on flashbacks to provide backstory for a specific character, while simultaneously pushing the current plot forward. This formula works very well, in my opinion, as these transitions are quite seamless and often have a connection to what's going on presently in the prison. The show walks the fine line of comedy and drama so well that, when it comes to award shows, people have had long discussions as to which category it should be placed.

This serves as a great introduction to the series, which is still running and is currently one of my favourite shows. I highly recommend it if you have a Netflix subscription.