PowerBar Plant Protein Almond, Sea Salt and Dark Chocolate Reviews

Suggested retail price - $16.99 for 14-count Variety Pack (at Costco)

You might also like PowerBar Plant Protein Cashew, Salted Caramel and Dark Chocolate
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2018

Protein Power Pack!

I #gotitfree to try, thank you ChickAdvisor! This protein bar felt more like a good treat than a meal replacement. There was a lot of nuts, the balance of just one side of chocolate meant that it wasn’t overpoweringly sweet, and I really enjoyed the touch of sea salt. This bar is a lifesaver at work when I don’t have time to get away for a full meal break! Stayed satiated for several hours. Would definitely buy again!

tastes good

This flavor is my favorite out of the 4. I received them free from chickadvisor to try. They taste like a candy bar and there's no chalky protein taste like in other protein bars I've tried. 11 grams of protein is a bit lower but I like to bring these to the gym with me

Tastes good

These taste great, but I would consider them more a chocolate bar then a protein bar due to the high sugar content. More of a treat than a pre/post workout bar.

June 27, 2018

Enjoying this sweet and salty treat

Plant protein is the feature in these bars, I like how it's so well incorporated into the the bar that I don't really taste that part. I like the sweet and salty flavours, it's very pronounced and the visible pieces of almonds blended with the chocolate drizzle completes it. The great thick base layer of dark chocolate is just sweet enough to not be bitter.

I really got memories from when I was a kid enjoying a sweet n' salty snack bar by the pool. This powerbar really does give a subtle sea salt taste and a sweet aftertaste. I enjoyed eating the filling protein fiber sourced snack which fuels me for a good 3 hours.

3.2/5

Ok but not for me

I recieved this bar free from chick advisor to sample and review. My family tried all three flavours and this one was our favour. Although we all thought the bar tasted like bird seed. So not for us.

June 27, 2018

Worth trying and then buying!

I thought this was such a great protein bar. I am always looking to eat healthy protein bars and this is definitely one to try. The almonds, pumpkin seeds, and dark chocolate, you can't go wrong with that.

Saskatchewan, Canada

More please!

This delicious bar full of energy in almond, sea salt and dark chocolate, is full of nuts, nut butters and seeds. It is so satisfying and filling, I didn't need to have a meal after having this. I appreciate how it is vegan and more so that it is soy free and made with pea and rice protein. This is my favourite flavour variation.

Updated On: June 27, 2018

I got it free to try thanks to chickadvisor!

June 27, 2018

Powerbar protein; almond plant, sea salt and dark chocolate

I recieved this bar free from chick advisor to sample and review. I really enjoyed eating this protein bar. Its comparable if not better than the bars I currently have. The taste was delicious, my favorite of the three varities. It was a good size, great snack and filling with a boost of energy when needed. Whether this is a quick breakfast to go, an after gym snack or something to get you through a long day I highly recommend this bar. I will likely buy a box next time I visit costco. I was impressed with the short ingredient list and that they are gluten free:)

Yummy!

The almomd sea salt and dark chocolate powerbars are so good. They taste like a chocolate bar. I was sent a sample box for free to try them out. I will for sure be buying these. They are perfect for on the go!

Keeps me full

This is a great flavour protein bar. Eat one in the morning and it will keep you full until lunch time. I like the fact that it has no artificial flavour, and no artificial sweetener. It has less processed ingredients and more protein than other so-called healthy bars.