PowerBar Plant Protein Almond, Sea Salt and Dark Chocolate Reviews

Suggested retail price - $16.99 for 14-count Variety Pack (at Costco)

You might also like PowerBar Plant Protein Cashew, Salted Caramel and Dark Chocolate
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2018

So great!

I really like the almond, sea salt and dark chocolate protein bar!
    The falvors were well balanced, I liked that it wasn’t too salty, nor too Chocolatly.
    The bar isn’t too dense, like they usual protein bars, the nuts and rice crisps make it lighter.
    I like that the bar has less than 20g of protein, makes for a great snack or pre workout.
    I would purchase these and just keep them in my bag when I need a snack!

3.2/5

Too sweet for my liking

Disclosure: Got it for free from Chickadvisor
    I had used this product after my run and it was a bit too sweet. I feel that the syrup or binding agent that holds all the seeds, almonds and protein pieces was too sweet. I didn't taste chucks of sea salts which was a good thing.
    I did like crunchiness of the bar. It kind of reminds me of KIND bars but more crunchier.
    I do LOVE that it is certified vegan because we really don't need animal byproducts in our granola bars.
    I would recommend the brand to my vegan friends but maybe not this flavour.

really tasty

ii enjoyed this protein bar a lot more than any others I have ever had. the packaging is very attractive and shows the bar through so you can see what all is on it

June 27, 2018

Like a yummy trail mix in a bar

This bar tasted like you were eating a yummy snack mix - in the convenient bar size which would stop me from eating the whole tub. I ate this as a meal replacement and it kept me filled for quite a while. You could taste the different components of the bar, almonds, pumpkin seeds, etc. rather than the whole bar being a more homogeneous taste, which I thought was awesome! Nice addition of sea salt without being salty. This bar would be great for anyone looking to add a bit of protein and a healthy snack to their day!

Protein Power Pack!

I #gotitfree to try, thank you ChickAdvisor! This protein bar felt more like a good treat than a meal replacement. There was a lot of nuts, the balance of just one side of chocolate meant that it wasn’t overpoweringly sweet, and I really enjoyed the touch of sea salt. This bar is a lifesaver at work when I don’t have time to get away for a full meal break! Stayed satiated for several hours. Would definitely buy again!

tastes good

This flavor is my favorite out of the 4. I received them free from chickadvisor to try. They taste like a candy bar and there's no chalky protein taste like in other protein bars I've tried. 11 grams of protein is a bit lower but I like to bring these to the gym with me

Tastes good

These taste great, but I would consider them more a chocolate bar then a protein bar due to the high sugar content. More of a treat than a pre/post workout bar.

June 27, 2018

Enjoying this sweet and salty treat

Plant protein is the feature in these bars, I like how it's so well incorporated into the the bar that I don't really taste that part. I like the sweet and salty flavours, it's very pronounced and the visible pieces of almonds blended with the chocolate drizzle completes it. The great thick base layer of dark chocolate is just sweet enough to not be bitter.

I really got memories from when I was a kid enjoying a sweet n' salty snack bar by the pool. This powerbar really does give a subtle sea salt taste and a sweet aftertaste. I enjoyed eating the filling protein fiber sourced snack which fuels me for a good 3 hours.

3.2/5

Ok but not for me

I recieved this bar free from chick advisor to sample and review. My family tried all three flavours and this one was our favour. Although we all thought the bar tasted like bird seed. So not for us.

June 27, 2018

Worth trying and then buying!

I thought this was such a great protein bar. I am always looking to eat healthy protein bars and this is definitely one to try. The almonds, pumpkin seeds, and dark chocolate, you can't go wrong with that.