Premier Protein Chocolate Shake Reviews

See recipes at premierprotein.ca.

ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2018

January 19, 2020
    Saskatchewan, Canada

Lots of ingredients, but its a multivitamin

I tried the chocolate next which tasted like chocolate milk. This flavour was less unique and, because of that alone, I prefer the caramel, but this was still delicious. I expected the shake to still taste like a protein drink but there is no protein after taste. The flavour is really good. It isn’t masking a protein taste it really is just a great tasting drink. It also only has 1 gram of sugar and isn’t overly sweet.

For complaints, it is also kind of expensive for protein. They come for $2.50 each from Walmart (in a four pack). That might be a good price for the ready to drink but I don’t pay that much per serving of protein. Unless you consider it your multivitamin as well, the cost is a little high.

Not my favourite

I received this from chickadvisor for free to give my honest review. Overall it's not my favourite, but I don't like chocolate flavoured meal replacements or protein shakes so besides that it was okay. It's not overly sweet which I like because some other protein shakes tend to be really sweet and off putting. I used it as a post workout recovery snack which it did very well at keeping the stomach rumbles away while stretching and showering. Would I buy, probably not but again I don't like the chocolate flavour.

January 18, 2020

This flavor is not as good as the caramel

I was happy to see that this product was high in protein (30 g) and low in sugar (1 g), because often the sugar content in these types of drinks is quite high! However, I did not like the taste of this flavour. The caramel is much better than the chocolate. I would definitely recommend the caramel version of this product, but not the chocolate.

January 18, 2020

Good not sweet enough in taste

The chocolate was good not as sweet as I’d like it to be compared to the caramel besides that overall pretty good I’d definitely recommend the caramel flavor more though

Chocolatey

So I received this item free with chickadvisor and enjoyed it, but didnt love it. I thought the flavor had to much of the 'protein' taste, and was a little too chalky. Over all I would give it a 3/5, Id buy the brand again but personally would go with a different flavor. (Husband loved it tho).

Saskatchewan, Canada

i dont like this one

i got this free from chickadvisor although i really enjoyed the other shake flavor, the chocolate is terrible its consistency feels chalky an taste like it which isn't so bad i could get pass that but about 2 minutes after u drink some you get the worst taste in your mouth i could not get pass the after taste so unfortunately this shake went to waste i couldn't do it. i would still recommend the shake to you has its still good for you but it will depend on you if you like the chocolate or not but i will not be buying this one as i couldn't bring myself to drink more then one sip.

I LOVE THE CHOCOLATELY TASTE

I tried the Premier Protein Chocolate Shake and love the chocolately smooth taste. I love that it was not too sweet. The size of the shake could've been a bit bigger for my liking. I wpuld purchase again if it was on sale or their was a coupon to use. I is a bit too pricey to purchase for me.

I received this product to try for free from ChickAdvisor. Thanks for letting me try this great product.

January 17, 2020

Pas loin du lait au chocolat !

Le goût est moins prononcer et surtout moins sucré comparativement aux autre produits disponible sur le marché.
    Le shake soutient bien avec ces 30g de protéine et ne laisse pas un film visqueu dans la bouche après l'avoir bu. La texture ce rapproche beaucoup de celle du lait!

January 16, 2020

Decent taste, a bit of a chalky aftertaste

I received Premier Protein shake in chocolate for free in exchange for my honest review thanks to ChickAdvisor.

I find the chocolate flavour doesn't mask the whey protein powder as much as the caramel. There is a bit of a chalky taste to it. Taste more like what I can make with my own protein powder mixed with water. Granted, this is more convenient and does taste a little bit better. At least I can sip it instead of having to gulp it down like medicine.

I wish I could buy these in bulk for a reasonable price. But they are fairly expensive. I do recommend them to those that can afford the Premier Shakes. They're much more convenient than measuring out protein powder. And they somehow taste better. At 160 calories for 30 grams of protein, they're very macro friendly.

January 16, 2020

Tastes pretty good!

I received this protein shake free for review purposes.
    I really enjoyed this protein shake, but make sure you are drinking it cold and shake it very well if you’re not drinking quickly, or it does taste a little chalky. Once I shook it really well I really enjoyed the taste, it was creamy and tasted like real chocolate. I used it as a substitute for breakfast and I felt full after drinking it. The serving size was perfect and convenient to take on the go.
    I will definitely purchase this in the future.