Shimmer Lights Shampoo Reviews
#225 in Hair Care

July 27, 2017

Best Purple/Blue Shampoo

I highly recommend this purple shampoo to anyone with platinum blonde hair. It takes the brassy colour right out, but isn't too strong that it turns your hair purple. I have had it turn my hair a greyish tint if I leave it in too long, but its not too noticeable. This is the only purple shampoo I will ever use!

2.0/5

July 07, 2017
    Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada

I wouldn't buy this again.

I bought this shampoo to help keep the blonde in my hair from getting that brassy color. I used the product as instructed but found it didn't work that well and it made my hair extremely dry which I know could happen but it was a little too much for my liking. I wouldn't buy this product again as it was a bit pricey ($45.00) for both the shampoo and conditioner.

June 24, 2017
    Saskatchewan, Canada

Great purple shampoo... if you can handle the scent.

This purple shampoo is great for keeping my hair bright, however the smell is very strong and overpowering. I do not use this very often because the scent gives me a headache. Great product but cannot deal with the smell.

June 22, 2017

Take the brass out of your hair

I purchased this product as I have blonde highlights. This purple shampoo works well at maintaining the colour and ensuring that the colour doesn't dull or become brassy.

May 04, 2017

Recently got my hair highlighted and was not happy with the tone but did not want to go back to the hairdresser so I thought I would try this shimmer lights shampoo and what a great decision it was. It helped take that brassy tone out and gave me that bright beautiful blonde colour I was looking for all along. Great product for all the blondes!

March 25, 2017

Great product! 100% tones warmer blondes to ashy cool tones. I used this shampoo atleast once a week and once a month I would leave it in for about 45mins when I wanted to have violet tones. I had silvery violet blonde hair! Don't be scared of any purple tint it may leave it'll wash away after a few washes. Highly recommend for blondes wanting a silvery look!

March 11, 2017

I have used this product on and off for about two years now. I only use it once a week, because it tends to dry my hair out. I find that it does help to get brassy tones out of my hair, but it's not a miracle worker. I like the smell of it a lot too. It is a tad bit pricey. So I only ever pick it up when it's on sale. I only use a little bit of this product so it usually lasts me forever !

March 05, 2017

I`ve been using this purple shimmer lights shampoo for a few months now and am very happy with it. It does a great job cleaning my hair along with keeping the blonde shade that I love. The scent isn`t my favorite but it isn`t a deal breaker for me.

January 17, 2017

I've tried 3 different brands of purple shampoo - Joico, John Frieda, and Baco. Baco was definitely the better one out of the 3, but then I was given Clairol Shimmer Lights Purple Shampoo as a gift and I am absolutely in love! Having colour treated blonde hair, I reach for an amazing toning shampoo and Shimmer lights is a good pick. I leave it on for 5-7mins and wash it out and my hair honestly looks like I just walked out of a salon. LOVE IT!! xoxo

January 09, 2017

Use it on my white blonde hair -holds the colour better than any other shampoo I've used. Definitely the best shampoo I've found for blonde hair. Can be drying, I use the conditioner as well, keeps it from being too drying.