Voila by Sobeys Reviews

Voilà by Sobeys is a cutting-edge online grocery home delivery service in the Greater Toronto Area.

At Voilà, we promise guaranteed freshness, at affordable prices, straight to your door.

The Voilà Difference.
  • We deliver from warehouse, not store. Thousands of products. No letdowns.
  • Our robots pack orders. Our teammates deliver. Safely and with less handling.
  • Guaranteed fresh. Our produce is fresh or it’s free.
  • Affordable prices. No hidden fees.
  • 1-hour delivery windows. Pick a time. We’ll deliver.

Please see our Terms & Conditions for full details.

For more info, visit voila.ca
    FamilyRated Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2020

May 12, 2021

Great Convience When Shopping!

I love the Voila by Sobeys service, as it provided a fun and convient way to shop. I was able to purchase all of my essential online and it was delivered directly to my door! I love this new innovative concept that I recommend everyone tries!

February 08, 2021
    New Brunswick, Canada

Great Service!

We have ordered from Voila many times and we have never had substitutes. We have always received what we ordered. The delivery person always calls about 10 minutes before arriving. They are always on time. Very good service.

January 01, 2021

Good reliable grocery service

I started using grocery services during COVID. This is the fourth one I tried and it’s the best. I’ve been using it for about four months now.

First, the food. The frozen stuff comes frozen, cold is cold, etc. Never a problem because the trucks have a freezer and fridge. None of the other services have this.

Service is excellent. The driver calls me prior to arriving. They even use my name. They are always friendly.

The app is easy to use. Their are lots of categories with photos and descriptions. You can even get products from Farm Boy and Well.ca.

At first I wanted same day groceries. This service isn’t good for that as you need to pick time slots. What works great is having a regular delivery. Pick the same slot each week. I use 7am-8am Friday morning. Throughout the week I can update my grocery list up until 7:30pm the night before. I’ve never had a problem getting time slots this way. I love being able to add products throughout the week.

Price. It seems fair as the fee is $7.99. I was shopping at Loblaws before so these prices seem reasonable to me. It has been cheaper than other services for delivery.

A nice feature, after COVID, is they will take back their bags. I like the idea of reusing the plastic.

Overall, I’m happy with the service.

1.7/5

December 15, 2020
    United States

Not worth it for me

I was offered the opportunity to try out @sobeys Voila curbside pick-up program through @chickadvisor with the bonus of receiving $10 off my order of $75 or more. In exchange, I was asked to leave an honest review, so here it is.

From the start, it did not go well. My fiancé and I setup an account to order online then went to select our pickup time slot. No matter which time slot on which day we tried, nothing worked. An error message came up every single time. When we left it and came back to it later on, the system was back on track so we picked a time slot.
    While deciding which time we wanted, we noticed that we were not able to choose a time during the same day we place our order. That was kind of a bummer, as we were in need of a few things that day. Not sure if this is how it always works but it was still pretty early in the day that we should have been able to pick up that evening. Regardless, we proceeded.
    The next thing we noticed was that we had to have a minimum of $50 for the order. We had to aim for $75 anyway to redeem our $10 off coupon code, however if we chose to shop with Sobeys Voila in the future, we had to spend $50+.
    But the biggest reason we did not end up going through with the order was because Sobeys Voila does not honour the sale prices in the flyer. We spent the time to source what we needed that was on sale in the Sobeys flyer via the Flipp app so we would be prepared on what to look for once we started our online order. Turns out it would cost us more even with the $10 off voucher for fewer groceries than we could buy at Atlantic Superstore using their online shopping service (which we do frequently).
    Overall, we did not like this experience. We usually shop online through Atlantic Superstore and we find that experience to be very quick and easy. Our experience with the Sobeys Voila online shopping was frustrating and in the end we did not make a purchase.

December 03, 2020

Two thumbs up!

I got a discount ln delivery for trying this service. I was very impressed with the variety of products on offer. Since this pandemic, we have been ordering grocery online through various retailers, always looking for a bang for the buck. The variety offered by Voila is superb, I havent found it with any other retailers. And the prices are fair. Win/win.

October 30, 2020

Love the service

I really like the sobeys service I tired many other too but so far sobeys is the one of the best they deliver everything fresh and carefully thank you for choosing me to try

October 28, 2020

I would use this service again

This was the first time I bought groceries online and had them delivered to my house. It was so easy. I just clicked what I wanted (even got orange juice for free). picked a time for it to be delivered and it was delivered. I had not issues at all. The delivery went to smoothly. The quality of food was great. I was so happy.

October 27, 2020

Convenient, Fast, Reliable

Excellent, friendly and prompt service!

Website to select groceries is easy to use and clear. Incidentally, I had found it more user-friendly for example, than metro's grocery delivery website.

Also it came with a free sample of coffee yogurt to try of a company I haven't heard before, which was quite interesting and encourages me to try this grocery delivery in the future again, as these fun perks make shopping a little more fun.

The products came cool and fresh, and delivery was on time.

A small word of caution for those living in buildings without elevators, or for those who would order for elderly family members or friends.

When the delivery gentleman was close to arrival, he called and asked if it was a condo or a house. I replied that it was an apartment building. He explained that there is a new policy not allowing them to go upstairs due to Covid, so they cannot go inside the building's elevators or corridors. Not problem, I came down to meet him downstairs and pick up the items from the lobby. I appreciated that he brought them inside the main lobby, (past the vestibule), close to the stairs/elevator to make it easier for me.
    He was very friendly and professional, and helpful, I will likely use this service again.

I asked him how it would work if someone is elderly or with mobility challenges, where it would be hard for them to carry groceries upstairs, as I had been thinking of trying this service out for my Grandma.

He explained that the policy is not to go inside unless the customer tells them on the phone that they have a mobility disability e.g. in a wheelchair. The only thing that worries me is that there was no such option when ordering online to select this option from what I have seen, and I am afraid that had I done this earlier for my Grandma ordering groceries to make it easier for her, not knowing this information in advance, there is a big chance I would have put my Grandma into a situation where she would say nothing and go downstairs and possibly strain herself carrying heavy groceries upstairs. She would likely not know to say something about needing assistance on the phone especially as she would by default not be asked (in addition to a slight language barrier), she would likely end up placing herself in a situation where she would strain herself carrying it up.

Glad to know this policy in advance, having tried it out first thanks to chickadvisor's invitation. Hence the 1 star deduction of an otherwise perfect service, to improve it I would recommend an option available on the website when placing the order to specify any physical restrictions (like for elderly folks who may need a hand, or other mobility assistance limitations in general). Other than that, the grocery delivery person was a gentleman and very friendly, service on the phone is excellent and I would definitely recommend it!

Updated On: October 27, 2020

(The invitation mentioned included a $25 off discount I used when trying this service out).

October 23, 2020

Extremely convenient

I would definitely use Voila by Sobeys again to purchase my groceries. Very user friendly and easy to purchase what I want. I appreciate that everything comes straight from their warehouse so nothing is "out of stock".

October 09, 2020

Sobey's grocery delivery is great!!!

I received a $25 off voucher to order my groceries online from Voila and it went very smoothly and there were many time slots available. My groceries were delivered on time as stated and I was contacted when driver was on the way. He communicated which bags were to be refrigerated and not which was helpful upon delivery. Only negative I would say is product availability online with many products ...they were not available. Also, my meat products...seem like they don't look exactly fresh...one kind of dark looking so I'm scared if its bad or not. All in all went smoothly and very convenient.