Voila by Sobeys Reviews

Voilà by Sobeys is a cutting-edge online grocery home delivery service in the Greater Toronto Area.

At Voilà, we promise guaranteed freshness, at affordable prices, straight to your door.

The Voilà Difference.
  • We deliver from warehouse, not store. Thousands of products. No letdowns.
  • Our robots pack orders. Our teammates deliver. Safely and with less handling.
  • Guaranteed fresh. Our produce is fresh or it’s free.
  • Affordable prices. No hidden fees.
  • 1-hour delivery windows. Pick a time. We’ll deliver.

Please see our Terms & Conditions for full details.

For more info, visit voila.ca
    FamilyRated Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2021 FamilyRated Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2020

March 26, 2021

You pay for the service and you get to pay MORE for most of the items in your cart rather than if you shopped in person at the store yourself. If you are terribly busy and cannot manage to do the shopping on your own and you have the money to pay extra for items, this will work for you. If your budget is quite strict and you need to save money don't bother. You won't get any of the advertised discount, as well.

1.7/5

December 15, 2020
    United States

Not worth it for me

I was offered the opportunity to try out @sobeys Voila curbside pick-up program through @chickadvisor with the bonus of receiving $10 off my order of $75 or more. In exchange, I was asked to leave an honest review, so here it is.

From the start, it did not go well. My fiancé and I setup an account to order online then went to select our pickup time slot. No matter which time slot on which day we tried, nothing worked. An error message came up every single time. When we left it and came back to it later on, the system was back on track so we picked a time slot.
    While deciding which time we wanted, we noticed that we were not able to choose a time during the same day we place our order. That was kind of a bummer, as we were in need of a few things that day. Not sure if this is how it always works but it was still pretty early in the day that we should have been able to pick up that evening. Regardless, we proceeded.
    The next thing we noticed was that we had to have a minimum of $50 for the order. We had to aim for $75 anyway to redeem our $10 off coupon code, however if we chose to shop with Sobeys Voila in the future, we had to spend $50+.
    But the biggest reason we did not end up going through with the order was because Sobeys Voila does not honour the sale prices in the flyer. We spent the time to source what we needed that was on sale in the Sobeys flyer via the Flipp app so we would be prepared on what to look for once we started our online order. Turns out it would cost us more even with the $10 off voucher for fewer groceries than we could buy at Atlantic Superstore using their online shopping service (which we do frequently).
    Overall, we did not like this experience. We usually shop online through Atlantic Superstore and we find that experience to be very quick and easy. Our experience with the Sobeys Voila online shopping was frustrating and in the end we did not make a purchase.

1.3/5

September 20, 2020

Voila Disappoints

I received a free coupon code to try out Voila. I was very disappointed. The coupon amount was great - $25 off $100. However there is an $8 delivery fee, which doesn't make up for Sobey’s higher prices (than where I usually shop).
    I was in Sobeys only the day before, to decide what to purchase. When I went through the site, I could not find nearly half of the items I had found in store, on my shopping list, and some of those items were their own Compliments brand. It was very frustrating and I could not complete half of my shopping list, so I gave up.
    I will probably not use this service unless they begin to carry the same products as they do in store especially their own Compliments brand.
    Very time consuming to look for products, to not find products, and very disappointing.

1.3/5

September 11, 2020

Expensive groceries

I received a coupon to try Voila at a discounted rate, however my opinion is completely unbiased towards that. I would not recommend this service for the following reasons
    -Generic items are expensive
    -Individual Items have no discounts
    -Quality is good, however, quantity is questionable. Order herbs and you'll receive the tiniest possible bunch.
    -No pickup close by
    -Fruits don't have a long shelf life, the ones you would pick vs the ones you get picked for you vary alot.

I would use this only as in emergency for the older folks (last resort.) Competitors offer better price and deals.

September 02, 2020

Limited selection

I did not place my order with Sobeys Voila.

After going through their site and reviewing the products I was disappointed that there was little to no selection of organic items.

I would rather group my order with another retailer that can provide organic selection.

Thank you for the opportunity, but it was not a right fit for me.

September 02, 2020

Pricey

I received a voucher to try this service out. Unfortunately after trying to purchase my regular grocery items through voila I found that the products were very expensive. All the produce was much more expensive than its competitors. There is also no option to price match so there is no way I would use this service.

1.5/5

August 21, 2020

My order was cancelled

Unfortunately, my order got cancelled. I tried changing my time slot while the order was still open for editing, however, for some reason it didn't save the changes. The delivery guy called at the original time and I advised him that about the rescheduling but told him that if they have the items ready I will arrange the delivery to be received . Few minutes later I got an email saying that my order was cancelled. I called the customer service right away to fix the issue and undo the cancellation. However, this is the part where I was deeply disappointed as they were not helpful at all. I was told to place the order again online but the prices have changed for most of the items as the sale has ended. I tried explaining the issue but the customer service agent wasn't able to do anything about it even though I called within minutes of cancellation. As everyone else mentioned, the options are limited online and then customer service was not helpful at all so I decided not to place another order.

1.2/5

August 21, 2020

This service is not worth the money. Sobeys is right next to my house so for me this service is useless. Also can get better quality product and groceries by going to the store.

August 13, 2020

Selection not available

While the concept of Voila sounds great and the advertising has been really well done, I’m going to explain why I didn’t end up actually Using my discount or ordering anything from this new service. I was very excited to try this service, I have tried other grocery delivery and pick-up options in the last few months, and delivery times are always a challenge. The opportunity to have 1-hour time slots along with Sobey’s quality and selection I thought would be great. So I used the provided links and started looking for my first item, butter. No butter to buy except for $7.49 specialty butter - double the price of regular butter. Ok so into the next item on my list, yogurt. Only 3 types of yogurt came up and no, small portion options were available. And that was the end of that, since I already had to go out shopping, I gave up and completed my shopping somewhere else. I have learned that their website now contains more options, and is fully stalked, but that was not the case the day I tried to create an order. I truly hope they can get their website to be consistent with the quality and selection their brick and mortar stores provide.

Sincerely, Shari Franolla

1.8/5

July 31, 2020

Too many hassles in ordering

I live near a Sobeys store and I end up shopping from there at least once a week. I was excited to see an option to try out online delivery using a discount coupon. However, I was rather disappointed with the entire process. First, the options for items is very limited online versus offline. I couldn't find a lot of products I was looking for (note that I am able to find these at the store). Second, the delivery charges were quite high. Third, I was not able to use the code. I decided to not go ahead with the order.
    While I shall continue to shop from Sobeys physically, I am not sure I'd try the online delivery again.