Covergirl Katy Kat Matte Lipstick in Maroon Meow Reviews

Ranked #73 out of 1014 in Lipstick

November 28, 2016

The Maroon Meow matte is a dark plum sort of shade. Because it's a matte (a "dry" lipstick), I first put a coat of my clear lip balm. Then, I filled my lips with the Maroon Meow for the full effect. I was surprised that such a bold color really looked awesome on my usually "naked" lips! The color stayed just as beautiful thru a full pot of coffee and didn’t need to be touched up once. I’m really impressed and happy with this shade.

October 04, 2016

Really liked the firmness of this lipstick surprisingly, however the formula was strangely gritty! The color was okay, not the greatest, but buildable. The lipstick was not quite as matte as advertised, and while I do understand that it's supposed to be a "demi-matte", the finish seemed more of a stain, which makes me feel as though Covergirl was just copping out. This color is more purple than it is red, and it has a tendency to bleed and get everywhere. Try setting the lipstick with translucent powder and be careful!

October 02, 2016

I received this product free for review thanks to Bzzagent.com****
I receieved the maroon meow lipstick which happened to be my favourite colour! i absolutely love this lipstick. i glided on perfectly, not patchy and the colour is very pigmented and full.

August 04, 2016

I received the Covergirl Katy Kat Matte Lipstick in Maroon Meow from another site for free to try and review.

My first impression while applying it was how nicely it glides over lips. Just as advertised, there was no dragging. I did the blot and second coat thing, and the final result was this creamy, not completely matte, but not too shiny either, finish. The level of shiny to matte was perfect for me.

Compared to other lipsticks that have matte finish, this is not as matte, but the upside is that it is not drying on the lips (it contains shea butter). It wasn’t extremely long-wearing, but not bad either (read: I had to re-apply after eating).

The color I chose is a bit bold, better for evening wear for me, and maybe just a bit more purple than I’d like for a maroon lipstick. It stained my lips a bit. I actually liked this, because if you just add a layer of clear lip balm over removed lipstick, it gives you this nice, natural look.

The packaging is a bit big for my taste, but the white cover has this rubbery finish that I liked. 3/5 for packaging.

happy6400 added a new review for
Honey Nut Cheerios

debrar67 added a new review for
Honey Nut Cheerios

debrar67 earned the Food & Drink Guru badge

j.beauty has posted in the forum topic
Top 5 AFFORDABLE makeup brands!!

debrar67 added a new review for
Dove White Beauty Bar

BigAl added a new review for
Dairy Queen DQ Cakes

BigAl earned the Food & Drink Guru badge

wendyroy has posted in the forum topic
Christmas