Essie Nail Polish Reviews

Ranked #4 out of 1413 in Nail Polish

Essie was founded by Essie Weingarten in 1981 when she premiered 12 unconventional nail polish colors. The collection has since grown to over 200 polishes, worn by high profile celebs including HRH Queen Elizabeth II.

November 30, 2016

This is a great nail polish as well, it is made of high quality ingredients and lasts forever. They even harden my nails. I have thin nails so this is like a nail protector as well. I like the colours that are like pastels, they are all very pretty.

November 30, 2016

Essie Nail Polish is often on sale, so I thought I would try a three pack of coral hues - peach dacquiri, come here, off the wall. I skipped the base coat and applied to clean nails. I applied two coats and one top coat of clear quick dry. The polish lasted, on average between the three, 5 days before showing the first chip. I was impressed it lasted up to 10 days with just little touch ups and another slather of top coat. For the price this is great value and durability. I love the colours too, they are endless.

November 30, 2016

I'm currently using their red polish, 924 Head Mistress. It's not a firetruck red as I had hoped, but the mature shade it results in is pleasant. The polish is a bit watery, which isn't exactly a problem, but when combined with the narrow brush it makes it a bit harder to paint your nails efficiently. It doesn't need two coats, which is great, but it still chips easily. In fact, I have yet to find a nail polish that doesn't chip easily - and I don't use my hands for anything but typing so you'd think I wouldn't have a problem. I'm satisfied with Essie products in general, and the price is alright, but there could be more effort put into easy application (bigger brush, please).

November 30, 2016

I have been following Essie on Facebook for quite some time and I really enjoy their vast array of pastel coloured polishes. This summer I tried the mini bottles of the green and peach colours and I found them excellent. They tend to stay on for a while before having to re apply. I need to get some for the holidays.

November 19, 2016

I have only used a handful of nail polishes, and one of them is Essie. I actually really like the bottle and how the name Essie is embossed on it. The colors come in a matte too which I like. Also it totally feels, applies, and looks like alon quality. Essie seems to always have "up to the minute shades", and I get a flawless coverage and durability. It doesn't chip at all !!

All Essie Polishes are also DBP, Toluene, Formaldahyde free!!!!

I do recommend these polishes.

November 19, 2016

Il sont géniaux j'en recommanderait la tenue été géniale il sèche assez vite et les couleurs sont magnifique voila voila bisous !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 11, 2016

This is my go to polish brand. The shine and lasting wear is really good. Sometimes it will last me just as long as a gel manicure! I love that the brush is slightly smaller - I can be more precise with application. They have a fantastic range of colors with super cute names.

November 11, 2016

Really great quality. I have 2 Essie polishes now, my most recent is Meet Me At Sunset: it's a lovely tomato orange shade. What I love about it is that I feel like it has built-in top coat in it... I apply this colour and when it dries it's already super shiny so no need to add a top coat. It's also great b/c I can notice that it dries faster than other polishes, so I can put 2 coats on super quick. This shade worked best for me when I had a neutral base coat underneath to really bring out the colour. It wasn't good for going over top of an existing/chipped off base colour; the edges of the underparts without a base showed through.

November 10, 2016

It's expensive yes but theres no chip and i can leave it for 2-3 weeks without any problem. the color stays bright, the formula is insanely great and easy to apply. its the best product i used!

November 07, 2016

There aren't enough stars for me to put on this product I recently bought this a few weeks ago to try for water marbling and cannot get enough of it the only downside is the brush is very small so to get a nice un streaky finish it"s kind of difficult but the pigment is great it dries fast and there"s loads of colors! Overall a good nail polish in gorgeous colours but for the price am not convinced they are worth it.