Essie Nail Polish Reviews

Ranked #3 out of 1434 in Nail Polish

Essie was founded by Essie Weingarten in 1981 when she premiered 12 unconventional nail polish colors. The collection has since grown to over 200 polishes, worn by high profile celebs including HRH Queen Elizabeth II.

January 12, 2017

I love the colour spectrum of Essie nail polish but the longevity of the nail polish is really terrible. Even with a base coat and a finish protecting top coat, it still chips after one day of wear. Really disappointing :(

January 11, 2017

Essie is the only nail polish I can put away for two winters and still get use out of it! It glides on perfectly and is very opaque. No need for triple and quadruple coats. 100+ different shades. I will pay the price if it means I can open a bottle six months after no use. I have lost so much money on nail polish that are now stuck because of months of no use.

January 11, 2017

I like Essie nail polish, however I find that it does chip easily, I was disappointed with this because they can be pretty expensive. However, I found that if I used a gel top coat (pure ice) on top the polish lasted a lot longer without chipping. I think the thing that I like the most about Essie nail polish is the variety of colours that are available, especially the pastel colours. My favourite colour right now is Bahama Mama!!

January 06, 2017

The essie line is one of my very favorite. There are so many colour choices. I work in the dental field and it's pretty tough on the nail polish. Gloves on and off all day. This product has great staying power.

M

January 04, 2017

For $10 nail polish this stuff should be great but it is just average and works about as good as nail polish that they sell at dollarama. Colours are nice and they have a good variety but there is nothing special

January 02, 2017

définitivement c est une des meilleures marques que j ai essayé
    ca tient
    pas besoin de mettre une tonne de couches sur les ongles
    les couleurs sont belles
    tient longtemps

December 24, 2016

I really don't wear nail polish too often and when I do it is only ever for a special occasion. That is why I never would pay $10 for a product I don't need. I was given the chance to try out essie nail polishes and I understand the price difference now. A nail polish that is half the price is half the quality.

Essie does a good job with it's formula and to be fair it is on the cheaper spectrum of nail polishes.

December 20, 2016

Essie make gorgeous colours of nail polish but they are hit and miss as far as quality. Some go on smoothly and stay on, others go on chunky and chip right away. For the price, the hit or miss aspect really makes me stop and actually decide if I want to even bother. I only buy Essie if its on sale to avoid this.

November 30, 2016

This is a great nail polish as well, it is made of high quality ingredients and lasts forever. They even harden my nails. I have thin nails so this is like a nail protector as well. I like the colours that are like pastels, they are all very pretty.

November 30, 2016

Essie Nail Polish is often on sale, so I thought I would try a three pack of coral hues - peach dacquiri, come here, off the wall. I skipped the base coat and applied to clean nails. I applied two coats and one top coat of clear quick dry. The polish lasted, on average between the three, 5 days before showing the first chip. I was impressed it lasted up to 10 days with just little touch ups and another slather of top coat. For the price this is great value and durability. I love the colours too, they are endless.