Mountain House Lasagna with Meat Sauce

1 review
Ranked #23 out of 89 in Pasta & Pasta Sauces

Taste

September 12, 2016

We are avid campers and rustic cottage goers (no electricity or plumbing), and are always looking at ways to both eat nutritious meals without filling up the car with bags upon bags of ingredients. And I am a meal prepper (making 30 meals every Sunday to last us Monday through Friday) who uses natural ingredients to cook with. I am not against eating pre-made foods, but I also want them to be nutritious vs filled with chemicals and extraordinary amounts of fat or sodium.

We were not sure what to expect with Lasagne in a bag, but gave it a go this past weekend.

First off, I really enjoyed reading the product labels – I always do this, as so many foods have unpronounceable words and you just wonder what the heck you are eating (or ignore it because it tastes good). The first 5 ingredients are natural ingredients – just freeze dried to provide a healthy meal in a bag.

When we opened the bag, it smelled like Lasagne. This is weird, because most freeze dried or pre-packaged foods generally do not smell like the food they are trying to replicate.

To make it, boil 2 cups of water, and pour it in the bag. Stir. Wait 10-15 minutes. Eat!

The bag feels warm to the touch while it is “cooking,” however, does not burn your hands or the counter top.

I made ours with Garlic Bread. OMG.

The product looks like Hamburger Helper, but definitely does not taste like it! It had a rich tomato and meaty taste,

It made enough for two, but I am sure you could divvy it out to four people if you had a decent side dish along with it.

For the energy I did not use to cook this meal, the price point, the ingredients, and the price point, I will definitely be back for more meals to add to our camping supplies!

*** I received this item at a reduced or no cost for my fair and fabulous review ***

tracy1963 has posted in the forum topic
Top 5 AFFORDABLE makeup brands!!

tracy1963 has started a new forum topic
The BEST part

Chick Advisor cosmetic Bag

The unwanted

Newest Kutcher addition

tracy1963 has posted in the forum topic

Irememberu has started a new forum topic
The unwanted