NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Reviews

Ranked #371 out of 595 in Foundation

October 12, 2016

This is my main go-to for my daily routine of trying to look like a functional human being in society. I use the shade Terre Nueve for my insanely pale skin specked with freckles but this stuff helps with not being too overpowering of my natural skin and dealing with the redness and balancing out the face. This product does contain SPF although in Canada it doesn't actually "say" that is has SPF, you'll have to look at the ingredients and it does have it on there. This moisturizer is good for most skin types, although I would suggest for dry skin to add a moisturizing primer or lotion to have added benefit. This product is more of a sheer to light coverage so this doesn't fully cover redness but with a bit of concealer to the "problem" areas this stuff does very well for a natural finish. If you're looking for a stronger coverage but not looking for straight up foundation I'd go for the velvet matte skin tint. This stuff is definitely expensive for what you get but to be honest, this is the only product that has a decent range of pale tones that compliment your skin, and you don't need a lot of product to achieve what you want.

September 24, 2016

I got this product from Sephora in the shade St Moritz, I really like it, gives my skin radiant glow, and the coverage is really good, very very moisturizer, also has 30 spf on it, is good for the days you want to look natural but you want your face look good as well, Recommended

August 09, 2016

This is actually my first ever tinted moisturiser. I wasn't sure what to expect but I really really like the finish of the product. I'm using this in the shade Alaska. I like how it leaves my skin looking luminous without looking and feeling greasy. It also looks natural and feels lightweight. I have combination/oily skin and most of the time, my skin looks oily by the end of the day. With this product, I do feel a little greasy at the end of the day but it doesn't look greasy when I look at the mirror.

I also find that with this product a little goes a long way so the whole tube really lasts for a while for me. I use one or one and a half dot, depending on the coverage that I want, and it covers my whole face. One layer of the foundation gives a light coverage. You can build the product if you want a fuller coverage.

Overall, I really like this product and couldn't recommend it highly enough! x

May 18, 2016

LOVE this product!!! Gives you an even look, soft, I wear Alaska and its not noticeable, I just can see perfection, its not full coverage, but is enough for a daily basis, for a natural and casual look without the look of being really make up. Its not when you use a more dense base and you can see your eyes like washed and you need more make up for balance, you can put just this and your skin will look beautiful and go to let your kid to the school. Im a mom and not always I have the time for a more detailed look, but with this you still achieve that polished skin, minimal effort. Besides the sunscreen its just a perfect match.
My skin its prone to breakthroughs, but this product didn't make it worst, I been usin this for 5 months and Im in love, I honestly dont think its pricey, because will last for a long time, its an investment of maybe twice a year for me, or less because I still have enough.
The packaging its Ok, its not my favorite, the matte black tends to keep fingerprints but its not big deal.now I'm running my second bottle, just love it!

January 15, 2015

If you have acne-prone or tan skin, this product is not for you! It cakes on and will make you look orange! I can't say how effective it is for paler skins, but if you have any slight colour it is very difficult to find a match that looks natural and "radiant". I started using this product on my legs during the summer because I didn't want to waste it and wanted my legs to shine and was asked by a few people why my legs looked orange.

September 11, 2014

I have combination skin, and I have a lot of breakouts. I always layer my face in foundation and concealers, but I want to allow my skin to breath and I want to look a lot more natural. I figured going with a BB cream or tinted moisturizer would be my best bet since I could have enough coverage to hide blemishes, redness and my tired skin, while still keeping that natural look without all the layers.

I have used a few BB creams in the past, and they either don't offer enough coverage, or they don't match my skin tone no matter what colour I try.

I have had one that had a good amount of coverage, but my skin became extremely oily throughout the day and caused me to breakout. It also rubbed off easily so by the end of the day my skin was blotchy looking.

I recently developed extremely dry skin due to the weather, and my makeup was just making it more dry. I decided to switch from my BB cream to a tinted moisturizer.

NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer is my life saver! Not only does it offer a range of tones, so I found my perfect match, it's very lightweight and moisturizing without making my skin oily. I don't look like I'm wearing anything, and although you can still see a few very bad blemishes of mine, they're toned down and I look natural. That's the look I was going for as I'm trying to be more confident in my acne covered skin.

I also haven't felt dry at all, and my skin has already seemed to clear up a little since using it! It's only been 48 hours!

I'm very impressed. The price tag hurt quite a bit, but I was prepared to splurge after reading positive reviews about NARS products.

Definitely worth it for me. I recommend it!

August 21, 2014

One of my top 10 things I own in terms of beauty and skincare wise. It is sheer, but build-able. This is generally my go to when I travel or when I am on the go. Love the colour selection. I went back to get a darker shade as I am darker during the summer time. I did not hesitate to look at any other brands, because I know this one works. I have dry, sensitive, combo skin. This product is water based, which is perfect. Just a note that if you were to mix it with another foundation, make sure that foundation is water based as well, like the Makeup Forever Aqua Foundation.

April 04, 2014

The best coverage for a tinted moisturizer I've ever tried - wears like a foundation, but not cake-y, oily or heavy. Smooths out imperfections and fairly long-lasting - no touchups required throughout the day. A little pricey at around $50. I have combination in the winter and oily skin in the warmer months and can use this product year-round.

March 25, 2014

Last summer, I was looking for a BB cream and went into Sephora to try out the Tarte one. The associate that helped me guided me over to the Nars tinted moisturizer instead. I took home a tiny sample and tried it for a few days. I never really used much foundation or any type of BB cream before so I didn't have much to compare it to but decided I'd buy it. I've used it for almost a year now and I won't be buying another. It's ok and it looks natural on, but I find it drying. If I don't exfoliate and moisturize right before using it, my skin looks dry and almost flaky. It is marketed as a moisturizer, I shouldn't have to double up on my moisturizing when I use it.

My skin is pretty normal. Maybe it would be better for someone with oily skin?

April 05, 2012

I am always on the lookout for good foundation products and I was THRILLED when NARS finally released their version of a tinted moisturizer this year!

It had been getting a lot of buzz in the magazines and I'm a huge NARS fan, so I headed off to Sephora to check out the new product! The color selection is good but not great for fair skinned people. I have light to medium Asian skin and am a NC35 and matched to St. Moritz (medium 1) which is just a smidge darker than I am, but definitely wearable.

No oxidation, light coverage and feels quite natural. It's not marketed as BB cream but it's definitely one of those multitasking products - it has titanium dioxide for SPF 30 protection, is oil free, and supposedly moisturizes and reduces hyperpigmentation as well. My skin is combination and tends to break out. Since my skin has been better lately, I've been using a lighter foundation (Armani's face fabric) with good results, but I wanted to try something else (and save a couple of bucks too!)

I've been happy with this overall but it has a slight tendency to sink into my pores... it doesn't "float" over quite as well as Armani's face fabric. However, it provides a nice natural coverage with built in sunscreen and I haven't had any issues with breakouts on this. I don't know if it really reduces hyperpigmentation... I guess I'll have to keep track of that over time.

I definitely prefer this to Laura Mercier's and am happy to add it to my foundation rotation, but it's not quite as "finished" as I would like. Best for skin that's already quite good but just needs some evening out.

Slight lemony smell, but not noticeable after you've applied it.

Retails for $49Cdn.

jujusamples has posted in the forum topic
Checkout 51

jujusamples has posted in the forum topic
Top 5 AFFORDABLE makeup brands!!

prettyrainbow has posted in the forum topic

j.beauty has started a new forum topic
Top 5 AFFORDABLE makeup brands!!

tracy1963 has started a new forum topic

j.beauty added a new review for
Manic Panic Hair Dye