Step Brothers Reviews

Ranked #954 out of 973 in DVD

From the guys that brought you Talladega Nights, Knocked Up and Superbad, box office superstar Will Ferrell re-teams with his Talladega Nights co-star John C. Reilly in this hilarious comedy. Brennan Huff, a sporadically employed thirty-nine-year-old who lives with his mother, Nancy. Dale Doback, a terminally unemployed forty-year-old who lives with his father, Robert. When Robert and Nancy marry and move in together, Brennan and Dale are forced to live with each other as step brothers. As their narcissism and downright aggressive laziness threaten to tear the family apart, these two middle-aged, immature, overgrown boys will orchestrate an insane, elaborate plan to bring their parents back together. To pull it off, they must form an unlikely bond that maybe, just maybe, will finally get them out of the house.

June 20, 2015

This was a very funny movie, with lots of one-liners that have become commonly referenced - "There's so much room for activities!" "Did we just become best friends?!" etc
Good cast, good chemistry between them.

June 16, 2015

I LOVE this movie, it is hilarious, such a classic

April 09, 2015

There wasn't a part in this movie that didn't make me laugh! I was cracking up throughout the whole movie. This is only a movie for you to watch if you like slapstick comedy, it has some kind of perverted humor but it is still pretty funny.

April 08, 2015

Hilarious. If you don't find this funny, you're sad, go get a sense of humour

June 22, 2012

I think that this movie was actually pretty funny. Of course it was over the top, but its a Will Ferrell movie, you can't really expect much.

1.5/5

June 17, 2012

Wow did this movie ever blow. The promos looked so funny and I wanted to watch it. It came on the movie network and I was pretty stoked to watch it and was totally let down. There was maybe one or two giggles but no real LOL moments that you would expect from a comedy with this much hype behind it. I have no intention of ever watching it again.

December 16, 2009

I was terribly disappointed in this movie. I was expecting something real funny (Taladega Nights style), but found it to just be terrible. The majority of the time the two characters just acted like little kids. I get enough of that at home.....definitely skip this one!

0.5/5

December 14, 2009

This was a horrible movie! I was expecting a good funny movie - maybe I should have known better.

It seemed that the only way that this movie was able to make people laugh was through being vulgar and perverted. It went far too far in many ways! Are we not able to find humor in regular things - it seems that our culture takes everything to the extreme!

I was completely disgusted.

January 03, 2009

I had really hoped for more when Step Brothers came out. I thought Talledega Nights was absolutely hilarious and thought that this would perhaps be along those lines. I was sadly disappointed. I had a hard time with some of this movie because of how the parents talked to the step brothers like they were 10 when they were close to 40! Instead of finding it funny I found it a bit disturbing. If they had down played on the parents treating them like kids and just focused on them being immature it would have been a lot more funny in my books. Ah well. Hopefully the next comedy these two do together will be better.

December 30, 2008

I was hoping for more, but it's one of those comedies that was kind of spit out fast in my opinion. They even took out one of the best lines from the trailers (I HATE when they do that!). Funny, but could have been better.