Xtava Allure 2200W Professional Ionic Ceramic Hair Dryer

Xtava Allure 2200W Professional Ionic Ceramic Hair Dryer Reviews

1 review
Ranked #454 out of 2162 in Hair Care

April 22, 2016

I’ve had my Conair Hair Dryer for…about 9 years now. I purchased it as an easy to travel dryer when I started dating now-Husband long distance (Toronto to Ottawa).

I also seem to leave JUST enough time in the mornings to get everything done – except dry my hair. Drying my hair always makes it look fuller and healthier, as It gives me the opportunity to use volumizing mousse and have awesome hair.

I normally run out of the house with my hair brushed and lanky.

Then the Xtava Allure 2200W Professional Hair Dyer arrived at my doorstep.

First impression – it came in a really fancy smancy box – great to reuse for rewrapping gifts with!

Second impression – it was really big. Size sometimes DOES matter!

Third Impression – I read the technical data, which indicated…”Do not use in a bathroom, near bathrubs, showers, or basins or other vessels containing water…” Where else do people use hair dryers??

I’m a rebel and use my hair dryer in the bathroom.

First off, there are several settings – three for heat and two for air speed. There is also a cold air switch, which locks in your style once your hair is almost ready to show to the world.

It is no louder than my old Conair – but has superior power and effectiveness.

The Dryer itself has some decent weight, and although it is made of plastic, it seems durable enough – dropping it may not be advisable!

The back part (where the air exits) has a metal grid and plastic ring around it to keep the grid in place.

The cord is almost twice the thickness of my current hair dryer cord – and the plug itself is also massive – with a safety off switch.

It also includes a nozzle piece, which intimidates me. It’s a little bit weird to get used to, but reminds me of a salon experience.

Speaking of a salon experience – this dryer sounds like the dryers at the salons, and has the same power – it is kind of like being in a wind tunnel! Due to the power, I can literally dry and style my hair in 5 minutes.

For me, the time saving in the morning means I not only can get the dogs, parrots, and myself ready for work in under an hour – but now I have the time to actually dry my hair and make it fuller and more stylish for the work day!

I would definitely recommend this for anyone who wants to have a more salon quality hair style at home – I have been convinced that my old Conair shall be retired, and a shelf in the closet dedicated for my new dryer.

It is unfortunately too big to fold up and put in a compact space like my old dryer – I’ll take quality over size in this particular case.

*** I received this product at a reduced cost for my fair and fabulous review ***