Becel Unsalted Plant-Based Bricks Reviews

Becel is proud to introduce our new Becel Plant-Based Bricks – a plant-based alternative made for butter lovers.  From flaky pastry to rich curries and browned “butter,” new Becel Plant-Based Bricks taste, cook and bake just like dairy butter. Becel Plant-Based Bricks are available in both Salted and Unsalted varieties with 25% less saturated fat than dairy butter.

You might also like: Becel Salted Plant-Based Bricks

Becel Plant Based Bricks-Unsalted

Are you looking for a healthier alternative to butter when making your baked goods? Becel Plant Based Unsalted Bricks have all the flavour and texture of butter. My kids could not tell the difference between butter vs Plant Based alternative when we baked together. Becel Plant Based bricks are a great non-dairy alternative to butter.

Great Butter Alternative

I had the opportunity to try Becel Plant-Based Bricks (unsalted) courtesy of Family Rated. I first used the product to make Rice Krispy squares. One advantage that I noticed immediately was the fact that the product is soft right out of the fridge. No more having to take out the butter in advance when you want to bake! I haven't used Becel to cook with before but it seemed to have the same results as using butter, including the taste. The brick format makes it easy to measure out exact amounts for a recipe. This product has fewer calories and grams of fat compared to a pound of butter, and the price point is about the same. I would certainly consider purchasing this product for my baking needs in future.

Amazing for Baking!

I had the chance to try a Becel unsalted plant based brick recently courtesy of Family Rated. It's ideal if you are vegan or have a dairy allergy. I've been using it on toast, on veggies, anywhere you'd use butter. It spreads easily and has a good flavour (although a salted version is probably better for toast!) Today I used it to make banana bread and it works perfectly for baking, blending nicely and completely taking the place of butter with no issues.

If you don't use dairy products like me or you'd like to cut back, give this a try (it comes in salted as well).
    #gotitfree

Amazing For Baking

I do not follow a plant based diet but you can’t tell the difference! I was pleasantly surprised by the taste and texture. It is a little softer then butter in the container. I used the Becel Unsalted Plant Based Bricks to bake banana bread due to quarantine. I couldn’t tell the difference in flavour but love that it was unsalted so I could add the salt if I chose too.

*I Received This Product For Free For My Honest Review*

Great butter alternative

I received this for free as part of the Product Review Club. It was easy to find in the grocery store and was with all of the othe butter and margarines. I'm not vegan but I've been trying to eat more plant based, plus I am lactose intolerant so try to reduce the amount of dairy I eat. I like to make a lemon garlic butter sauce for pasta but margarine gives it a different flavour and thickness than butter. This is what I made with the plant based brick and it was exactly like butter. It melted perfectly and gave a nice creaminess that you don't get with margarine and it tasted exactly like if I had made it with butter. I'm curious to see how it freezes because that's usually how I store my butter. Assuming it freezes well, I'll be buying this instead of butter. Great alternative for anyone trying to eat more plant based or are dairy-free.

Great plant based product

As someone who is always looking for healthier options and to add more plant based foods to my diet, I was excited to try this product. It was a great tasting option in replace of traditional butter. It cooked just like butter and had a good texture and flavour. It would be great to use in baking or just everyday on toast or pancakes. I received this free through Family Rated to try, but I would buy again as a healthier, plant based option. It was a great product and option. The flavour is very similar to butter and I would not know it was plant based if I did not see the package.

Tastes Like Butter!

I tested the Becel Unsalted Plant-Based Bricks for free from FamilyRated. I love how they were packaged, individual bricks. I made a cake for my family using the Becel Plant-Based Bricks The bricks made it easy for measuring the amount needed & made it less messy. The Becel Unsalted Plant-Based butter tasted like regular butter. It is tastes good, smooth feeling and smells like regular butter.

Amazing taste!

I got the New Becel Plant-based Unsalted 'Butter' from @familyrated & @chickadvisor for free !!

1- I had never tried plant-based 'butter' before. I was suprised of the taste, the same as butter.

2- Comes in 4 ' sticks' with the mesurements on it. Easy for cooking

3- Light amount of ingredients, healthy choice.

4- In food, helps you choose how salty you want it.

×1 On toast I think the salted one would be better.

May 29, 2020

Yummy! Made great vegan cookies!

I got this product for free through family rated. I was excited to try it, as I have been trying of late to use less and less dairy in my cooking. I used the plant based bricks to make cookies, and wow! These worked a charm. The only thing I noticed is that this product melted a lot faster than regular butter, luckily the recipe I used called for vegan margarine, so this worked exactly the same way, but I think if the recipe needed a harder consistency, it might not have worked. Overall I was very happy with the result and will definitely look to use this again!

I'm excited to bring these cookies to my vegan friends and see what they think!

May 29, 2020

Very Easy to use and substitute in recipes!

Updated On: May 29, 2020

One of the things that I loved about this product was the introduction of the block form. This made it really easy for me to measure out how much margarine I was going to use. You can substitute margarine 1:1 for butter. I used it for a cookie recipe, and I did see a difference in the texture, but it was also nice to not have to wait for butter to soften up. I'd love to try the salted version in baking as well to mimic the salty and nuttiness of butter. This is a great option for someone who need a plant-based version. I received this product from Becel and FamilyRated for testing purposes.