Dove White Beauty Bar Reviews

May 13, 2012

i love this beauty bar. it does leave my skin softer. it also makes my bathroom smell wonderful. the smell is a bit overpowering at first.,but it is very nice. i would certainly buy this again, if it was on sale

May 13, 2012

Thank you to Chick Advisor for the opportunity to try this product.

I have only tried this product a couple of times as it does not seem to agree with my skin. I have extremely sensitive skin and am unable to use many products because of this. I am sure that this product is great but not for me.

I found the smell of the product too strong but decided to try it anyway. After using it in the shower the scent didn't seem that strong but it did not agree with my skin. My skin felt dry and itchy after using it so I stopped using it after the second time.

With that being said this does not mean that the product is not good it's just not right for me. Like mentioned above my skin is extremely sensitive and I have a hard time with a lot of products. I do not want to lie and say I loved it as I feel it's only right to give your honest opinion. Thanks for the opportunity again Chick Advisor.

2.7/5

May 12, 2012

I received this soap from ChickAdvisor as a part of their product review club. I am going to be completely honest and say I did not even use this product. This was for one reason: the smell. It was so strong and overpowering even through the packaging that I had to hide it away in a cupboard because it was giving me a headache. I am not the kind of person that ever gets irritated by smells, and usually I like products with strong smells, but something about this one was so obnoxious that I could not even bring myself to use it and smell like that all day. I am sure the soap works well, and maybe the smell will be a plus to some people, but for me it just did not work.

May 12, 2012

It works great for moisturinzing my skin and makes it feel good, the only thing I dont like is that it has a strong perfume smell to it, and I cant take strong perfume smells. So it it has less of a perfume smell I would love it that much more, But thank you to Chick advisor to letting me try this out. My friends cant wait to try it from my review of the product. It definitely works better then other soaps, because i tend to forget to moisturize and with using this its not soo bad

May 12, 2012

I received this soap from ChickAdvisor as a part of their product review club. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS SOAP. From the smell, texture to effectiveness, I love it all. I'm so hooked on this product that I can't see myself NOT using this product from now on. Although the price is a bit expensive, the effectiveness totally makes up for it. Not only does it leave my skin smooth and soft, it also keeps it moisturized. Which is great because I don't have to apply as much lotion to my legs and arms. So by all means, if you haven't tried this soap yet, you should definitely consider trying it out!

May 12, 2012

I'm not a bar soap kinda girl, but my husband uses one every day. I really enjoyed the opportunity to test this product, and it has changed my opinion of bars!

When I opened the packaging, I was hit with a strong, fresh smell - hard to pinpoint the scent exactly, but it was nice. It was very creamy once I began to lather it, and I could tell right away it would be great for my skin. After my shower, my skin did not feel tight and dry like it usually does, and my legs were very smooth.

I did try shaving with this as well, and it worked very well! I still prefer a foam for my underarms, but it was excellent for my legs.

Will I purchase again? Definitely. There are frequent coupons out for Dove soap, and I do see them on sale from time to time. The bar has lasted a ling time and did not fall apart in the shower, so this is a great alternative to shaving cream.

My husband also really liked it, so I think I'll be trying out the Dove Men bar next.

May 12, 2012

i got my beauty bar on the 6 of may ,my first bath i notice a differents,i guess you can say i was tight not dry but tight.but when i was done and got out i noticed i was softer. next bath will let you know how and if i stayed soft!

May 12, 2012

I want to start off by saying Thank You ChickAdvisor for giving me this awesome opportunity to try Dove Beauty Bar. I am a body wash girl but when I started using Dove Beauty Bar in the bath I fell in love! The scent was very nice and stays on me all day. I like smelling fresh all day. I have very dry skin but it's silky smooth now, So I will continue to use my Dove Beauty bars :) Thank You again!

May 12, 2012

Thank you Chickadvisor, for giving me the opportunity to try Dove Original Beauty Cream Bar!

When the mail arrived, I could smell the Dove through the packaging and knew exactly what it was and was pretty excited to go and try it out.

Initially when I took the bar out of the box, I found the smell to be a little overwhelming and it gave me a bit of a headache and kind of burned my olfactory receptors. The smell is very strong!

Once I tried Dove in the shower and the scent had a chance to dissipate, I enjoyed the scent a lot better. The first time the bar got wet, I instantly noticed how creamy smooth it was and the lather was nice, just the right amount. After washing the suds off my skin felt so smooth and moisturized. At first, I thought it was a film left on my skin, but it was pretty apparent after drying off that my skin was a lot moister than when I went in to the shower. After reading some of the other reviews people wrote about using Dove to shave with, I am definitely going to try that also.

Overall, I am pretty happy with Dove. I have been using Irish Spring for over 20 years and it always makes me feel clean and the scent is nice but not too strong. I will probably continue to use Irish Spring because my husband doesn't care for the Dove scent so a total switch won't likely happen, but I will definitely use Dove in the winter when I absolutely need more moisture.

The price is a lot higher for a bar of soap than I am used to paying, so this will only be an occasional treat when used with a coupon and a sale.

May 12, 2012

I received this from ChickAdvisor's Product Review club for free 2 weeks ago and have been using it every day since. I have always shied away from these types of bar soaps and haven't used bar soap in years since body washes have flooded the market. That being said, this is a really nice soap. It is gentle but effective and leaves your skin softer by the use. I think I miss the luxuriousness of a lathered bar soap now! The only downfall, be it relatively minor, is the scent. I could smell it before even opening the package. It made my whole bathroom smell like the soap as well. The smell is not unpleasant but it does strike me as old fashioned. I will repurchase this, but I will be on the lookout for an unscented version.