Knorr Selects Roasted Garlic Pesto with Volanti Pasta Reviews
#13 in Grocery

Quick and easy to prepare, Knorr Selects Pasta and Rice sides are made with fewer and more wholesome ingredients*. They're great as part of a delicious main meal or as a standalone side dish.
*Compared to Knorr Sidekicks

You may also enjoy Knorr Selects in:

Rapides et faciles à préparer, les plats d’accompagnement de pâtes et riz Knorr sont composés de moins d’ingrédients qui sont plus sains*. Ils sont excellents pour accompagner un délicieux plat principal ou à consommer seuls.
*comparativement à Knorr Sidekicks

May 13, 2018

Salty, but good

I found this pasta from Knorr’s “Selects” line to be a great addition to supper, even if it’s not the greatest thing for you on a nutritional level. The main issue here is that the total pack contains roughly HALF an adult’s daily sodium requirement, which is high even for a product like this. Ideally, this should be split as a side dish between 2-4 people, but if you’re looking for a quick lunch this would do just fine in a pinch, just be aware of how much salt there is in it.

When it comes to flavour and texture, this pasta actually gets very high marks. I found it to be just strong enough, with the garlic pesto being on salty side but still very pleasant. Adding a bit of milk to the recipe and removing some of the water helps make it a bit creamier and I enjoyed it a lot more when I tried that. On a related note, it’s very easy to customize this side dish to your specific liking. Try adding some lemon, black pepper, or even just a dash of hot sauce if you want to kick things up a bit.

While it is VERY easy to cook (add to boiling water and stir while it simmers), be aware that I found it quite pungent while it was cooking, and the whole house soon smelled like garlic pesto, so try to keep a window open or something if you don’t love the smell as it cooks. Other than that, however, I really like this dish and thought it was a great addition to supper time.

0.5/5

May 02, 2018

We were really disappointed

I was really excited to try this new flavour of side kicks, but it was super disappointing. We often use side kicks as a base, but this was not enjoyable at all. I knew from the moment I smelled it that this product wasn't for us. I love the idea of it, but the flavours were not something we enjoyed.

April 18, 2018

Yummy side dish!

I thought the overall flavour of this dish was great! I was a little turned off by how the pasta seemed undercooked even though I cooked it per package direction. Aside from that, it was very tasty and I would definitely like to try it again.

April 17, 2018

Knorrs products are the best

Yes I would purchase this again and tell my friends and family about how good it tastes for. Sure it's the perfect portion size to for me there great

It was ok

This was better than some but still not the greatest. Something about the flavor didn't do it for me. The fact that it took longer than the cooking time indicated is a downfall too.

2.0/5

Not my favourite flavour

This pasta takes twice the time to cook and twice the amount of water than noted in the cooking instructions. Although some of the family enjoyed this flavour, it was not a favourite of mine. This one will not be on my next shopping list as not a fan of pesto.

April 16, 2018

Yummy e

The roasted garlic pesto dish was great. I was not expecting the zip and zesty flavour. I will definitely be buying this again. It was a fast meal for on the busy weeks when it is hectic.

April 15, 2018

Great Tasting!

We loved this side dish. I made it and paired it with chicken breast and steamed veggies. It was delicious. Subtle garlic flavour that even my kids loved! I will be buying this again.

April 11, 2018

Mama Mia! What a great tasting dish!

I used this Selects with chicken breast diced into it. Great meal on its own or with salad /garlic bread. The garlic is nice and mellow and the pesto adds another layer of flavour. My family really enjoyed it!

2.8/5

April 11, 2018

Not my cup of tea

I was very intrigued upon hearing that this pasta was partnered with pesto, however this product fell a bit short of impressive. I found the aroma and flavor of basil was overpowering and ended up being the only flavor detectable. I was disappointed as pesto is a sauce/spread that I very much enjoy. I appreciate the opportunity to try this product, however, I will not be purchasing it. #gotitfree

Updated On: April 11, 2018