Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream Reviews

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream is designed to instantly quench skin and lock in hydration, for smooth, supple skin all day long. The unique light-weight formula absorbs quickly, like a gel, but has the long-lasting, intense moisturizing power of a cream. It boosts skin's hydration level and locks it in all day. Formulated with hydrating hyaluronic acid, naturally found in skin, it acts as a sponge for dry skin cells, moisturizing with up to 1,000 times its weight in water, resulting in more supple and smooth skin:

• Oil-free
  • Non-comedogenic (won’t clog pores)
  • Purified Hyaluronic acid
  • Wearable under makeup

February 18, 2021

My Saviour

I've struggled with face moisturizer and lotions for as long as I can remember either two scenarios happen;
    -I find a moisturizer that works but soon after my face slowly begins to revolt and itchiness and a tight feeling begins to happen.
    -Im forced to apply multiple moisturizers because one after another does not work and I'm just trying to find some relief from the itchiness and tight feeling.
    When I came across this Hydro blast gel moisturizer I decided to give it a go, I've never used a gel moisturizer and believed that it could hydrate my skin more thoroughly in that form. I also know that Neutrogena was a brand that made one of the other face moisturizers that sort of mostly work for me so it was worth a shot.

BE AWARE- The first couple days of using this product I was not applying it correctly. What your going to want to do with gel moisturizers is apply a thin layer of the product on your skin and allow it to absorb itself into your skin (not rubbing the product into your skin which is what I was doing) after learning that my opinion completely changed.

I've been using this product for almost two weeks now and at this point with other moisturizers I'd be doing a second application about 10 minutes later hoping for relief of that tight feeling I've mentioned. I'm not having to do that with this product! There is no itchy feeling, or tightness and no need for a second application.

The consistency of this product is well, a gel. A watery gel not a thick gel. It's light weight and you can feel that it's hydrating. Glides easily across your skin. It absorbs into your skin leaving unbelievably soft, it does not make your skin feel greasy.

The price is a bit much for a regular drugstore product (which most are around or under $10) but for a gel cream it is a steal. I found this product at Walmart for $20 CAD (I also found it on Amazon last week on sale for $14 so picked up my next container). I do wish there was a bit more in the container, or at least not as much wasted plastic for a thick container. Though I find you don't need to much of the product to cover the entire face.

Non comedogenic meaning it won't clog pores. Hydrating ingredients including hyaluronic acid and olive extracts.

After my research for my oily T-zone and understanding that I was producing more oil in those areas due to dehydration I began to make sure I was applying a tiny bit more of this moisturizer to my forehead and I've found its helped me relieve my oily T-zone. Also as of yet I don't have wrinkles (that I can notice or worry about) but the hydration in this product can help prevent aging and wrinkles which are often caused by dehydration.

February 12, 2021
    Stockport, United Kingdom

My go to moisturizer

I love this moisturizer both in the gel and cream versions
    They sink into your skin so well and absorb so brilliantly
    Some products can break me out in spots but this never does
    I find it's worth shopping about as the price can vary in different shops
    But I'd recommend this to anyone who struggles to find a good moisturizer that won't leave your skin greasy or with breakouts
    I hope Neutrogena never stop making this product as I have so much love for it

2.7/5

February 11, 2021

It's OK

I loved this stuff when I started to use it. Would leave my skin feeling smooth and just amazing. But I started to break out. Not 100% sure it was the product.

February 08, 2021

Nice and moisturizing

I really like this product. I received it free for testing purposes. I’m trying it out, I found it to be extremely light, and hydrating. Some moisturizers do not absorb well into my skin, and end up sitting there and clogging my pores. This one did not do that. My skin absorbed it really quickly, leaving my skin moisturized and clean feeling. This definitely is my new favourite. I love that you can find it easily at any drugstore, and that the price is affordable compared to other big brand skincare names. I highly recommend giving it a try if you’re looking for a new moisturizer.

England, United Kingdom

Works for me

I had struggled for many wayward to find a basic moisturiser without spf which can be used any time of the day, all year round and this is it. Very soothing for skin, no breakouts and no irritation. Can be used after chemical peels , facials, scrubs etc at night because it’s very calming. Will buy forever. Can be used by sensitive skin

Amazing!

I love this facial cream to use day or night. Hydrates easily and isn’t sticky or cakey. I love that it has hydraulonic acid in it to help keep moisture in

United Kingdom

Would never change moisturiser now

I actually have acne prone skin so use a lot of products that include salicylic acid which dries out your skin. I got this moisturiser to use and I would never even try anything else, it hydrates my skin but the thing I love the most is that it rubs in and dries so there's no wet, greasy feeling. Definitely a must buy.

January 24, 2021
    Worcestershire, United Kingdom

Very moisturising!

Love this product, great for winter months when your skin needs a boost. Smells great, doesn't leave an oily residue. I have oily-combination skin and it works well. Doesn't leave me with break outs. Make up glides over it too.

January 19, 2021

A must for extra dry sensitive skin!!

I have used a variety of different creams for my face, and have never used a product as effective and affordable as this gel cream.
    I like to keep my creams in the fridge for a extra refreshing application, but this gel cream provides a new level of refreshment to my dry tight sensitive skin.
    It works well in the winter when my skin tends to get extra dry, and also perfect for summer because it's cool on contact and fast drying.
    With virtually no scent, it's completely safe for my sometimes-sensitive skin, and formulated with hyaluronic acid, it leaves my skin feeling super smooth and healthy.
    Combine this gel with the Hydro Boost face mask and it will take your skin to a new level!!

January 13, 2021

I would definitely buy again.

I've bought this product several times, because I love the light and airy texture of this product. It's hydrating on the skin for those with dry skin concerns, and it doesn't leave your face feeling greasy at all.