Schmidt's Rose + Vanilla Natural Deodorant Reviews

Works great!

I've tried quite a few deodorants over the years and have become more and more concerned about the chemicals that some of them contain, especially aluminum. That's why I was so glad to have received a sample of the Schmidt's Rose + Vanilla natural deodorant from ChickAdvisor.

It's not only free of aluminum but also of propylene glycol, parabens, phthalates, and artificial fragrances. This particular scent is a sweet floral, which lasts quite a long time considering it comes from essential oils. The color is not your typical white but a light brown shade and the texture is somewhat grainy, most possibly due to the baking soda that's in it. If you don't know, baking soda is effective at absorbing and trapping odors.

I'm glad to say I was really impressed with how well it worked at preventing odor and my underarm skin felt moisturized after the very first use. The fragrance lasted for hours and although the texture is grainy, it didn't cause any discomfort or irritation. Most importantly, I had the peace of mind that I was only putting natural and beneficial ingredients on my skin! I'll definitely consider purchasing a full-sized product once I finish this sample!!

Great scent

Got the free sample and tried it for the last few days and it has worked wonders, especially since I run a lot. It has a nice after feel to it; not sticky and the rose + vanilla scent is a lovely combination.

Love the scent.

I tried it and I have to say I loved the scent but the texture messed with my head. I will continue to use it. This is my first experience with an natural deodorant and I am impressed. The scent stayed with me all day. It wasn't overpowering at all. I think if they have lavender I will give that a try. Kept me nice and dry too.

3.2/5

November 27, 2020

Smells great but feels gritty

When I used this product, I read the label and held it in my hands for a few minutes to "warm up the formula" as instructed. However, I found myself asking why the need to begin with, seeing as no other deoderant requires this prior to application? Regardless, I did as instructed, and applied. When I opened it, the smell was very pleasant without being overbearing. However, when I applied it I almost thought the plastic must have been broken, for it didn't glide on like typical deoderants. After double-checking that it indeed wasn't broken, I realized the gritty, sandpaper-like feel was the deoderant itself and because of that, application felt strange. It was very effective and kept me dry throughout the day, but I can't seem to get used to the application no matter how many times I try.

Rose vanilla deodorant

This product is really good! I was tried of how my underarms would feel when using traditional deodorants and sprays, so I went natural. Great decision because I’ll probably stick with natural deodorants now.

November 27, 2020

Fresh scent and love it’s all natural!!!

Great product and love that it’s natural based! The rose and vanilla is not over powering when applied and long lasting. Great price point as well, will look for it in stores

Smells so Good!!

My favourite thing about this product is that it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. I've always had trouble finding a deodorant that doesn't cause irritation, and this is the one product that doesn't do so. I'm also in love with the smell!

I like, don’t love

I like the fact that this deodorant is natural. It smells decent, it holds up during the day. But I can’t stand the texture of it. It feels like wet sand. I recommend if that won’t bother you.

November 27, 2020

Sweet scent. Loved that about it.

Recieved my free sample and before I applied it I ran a finger across the bar just to test it and be sure. Seemed like a good texture and smelled great (may not be ideal for a scent-free environment). Applied and it felt good, not chalky and didn't stain my fabric. Did not do any high intensity activity so cannot tell what it's like after such activities. All in all I loved it and would buy it.

Great Natural Deodorant

I received this deodorant for free from chick advisor to try out. I was skeptical because all of the other natural deodorants that I’ve tried did not hold up. But this one was such a pleasant surprise! I work out every morning so I applied this prior to working out and after the workout I still smelled fresh. I will be purchasing this one after my sample size runs out!