Schmidt's Rose + Vanilla Natural Deodorant Reviews

November 19, 2020

Love the line, however....

I am absolutely obsessed with Schmidts natural deodorants! However, this particular 'scent' has actually made me break out in a horrible rash/burn. My underarms are extremely itchy as well as large patchy, reddish brown burn marks. I own every single 'scent' the brand makes now.. and none of the others have done this to me. A while back the same thing happened to my friend, with the same scent, after I had turned her onto the brand.. I thought she was crazy, and perhaps had an underlying issue, leading to the burn/ rash. I am fully aware that Schmidts uses only essential oils and not fragrance in their ingredients. I am wondering if the Rose is just too strong? I live for the Bergamot Lime and the Charcoal versions. This rash I have is so bad that I have not used any deodorant, of any kind, for the past few days to ensure it heals properly. Anything I apply to the underarms at this time just seems to make it worse, so my only course of action is to let it heal by not irritating it any further.
    Once again, huge fan of the line.. this particular scent, was just not for me. I would like to thank @chicksdvisor and @schmidtsnaturaldeodorants for sending me this amazing sample in the mail, in exchange for my honest feedback!

November 19, 2020

Deodorant that doesn’t clock ur pores

This was a great deodorant. I wore it and didn’t need to reapply during the day. The scent is definitely not for all but it’s a great working product

Love the product

I love this product, after using regular deodorant for years. I always get rashes from other products. I love the scents and I haven’t seen any rashes or irritation.

Schmidt’s deodorant review

I wasn’t sure how well this would work when I first got it because I don’t always use natural deodorants although it works excellent and smells so good the scent lasts throughout a workout class and I always get compliments on how good it smells

November 19, 2020

The smell is way to strong

I received my sample yesterday and I was eager to try it because I really would like to change my actual deodorant. I did use before natural deodorants but none with a smell as strong as this one.The Deodorant did not provide wetness protection for me. It stung my armpits and I didn’t like the application. Still I appreciate the natural formula

Smells nice, effective

The rose and vanilla scent smells so nice, very refreshing and pleasant. It’s natural, it’s easy to glide on , very nice product. The price is a bit more expensive but worth it for the good quality

November 19, 2020

My new favourite aluminum-free deodorant!

I love that this deodorant doesn't have aluminum! It's made of really natural ingredients - stuff you can actually pronounce. The fragrance is a really nice balance of rose and vanilla - a bit strong, but definitely necessary for it to keep regular B.O. smell at bay. For a natural deodorant, the fragrance is incredibly long-lasting, and I didn't have to re-apply throughout the day. The product definitely has to warm up a bit against your skin as it says on the package, otherwise it may be a bit hard and not as much product goes onto your skin. Overall, this is a great natural deodorant that does its job well.

I was surprised!!

I received a sample size from Chick Advisor to try, and I am so glad I did. I've never tried a natural deodorant, and I was skeptical. I think it's way better than my regular stuff, lasts much longer. I admit, I do not like the application at all!! Lol. Feels gritty even if it's soft, and way too much comes off at once. But after that part is taken care of its wonderful. :)

Quality product

I received this product to test, as a member of the review club, and I can absolutely get behind it. The ingredients are outstanding (no aluminum, no palm oil and vegan!) so you can feel good about buying an ethical product and using safe products on your body. Moreover, the scent is quite nice not over bearing just enough. Upon the first application it felt slightly waxy compared to what i am used to, but this feeling faded within 5 minutes or so. I found the deoderant to be effective but definetly not for anything more than one day (16h or so). I hear this product is a little pricey but it is definetly worth it if you value good ingredients.

3.2/5

Don' lose the smell

I have worn light green and red t-shirts so far and by end of day very noticeable grey staining that I never had with clear gel I used previously. It washed out no problem.
    Seems to work effectively as a deodorant. I wore it all day and didn’t smell. It did make my underarms feel itchy but there was no redness or irritation, even right after shaving. Also, I don't love the scent - it's way more rose than vanilla. I don’t smell the vanilla at all. The scent does linger unlike a lot of other natural deodorants I have tried in the past. I’m not a fan of rose-scented products – if it was another scent I would have given it a higher rating. I would recommend this product to those who like rose.
    Side note: love that Schmidt’s products are 100% vegan, cruelty-free, and certified by the Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics (Leaping Bunny) as well as Vegan Action.