The Body Shop Shea Body Butter Reviews

Treat your skin to non-stop moisturization with a rich, intensive cream featuring the clean scent of shea. Fore more information, please go to  http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com.

December 06, 2009

Thank you to the body shop for sending me this product.

I would like to say that while I would not use this product in the future, it is more because of the form it comes in than the product itself.

I have extremely dry skin, and I did find that it made my body feel very silky. It's odour is not unpleasant at all either. However, I much. much prefer a pump bottle than a container that I have to use my fingers to get it out. I just find it much easier with a squeeze or a pump.

So, as I said while I wouldn't personally buy it again, I would recommend it to others that were looking to try something new

December 06, 2009

I could not stop sniffing it cause it smells amazing and since I'm pregnant, I am VERY picky when it comes to smell!!!!!!!!! I've never tried a body butter before so I was really impressed. It's great for winter because it makes your dry skin smooth and moisturized! Luckily for me, I can also use it on my growing belly! :)
    It has a thick consistency so a little goes a long way - so it really is worth the price.
    I would recommend this product for anyone - especially during winter cause you know how the cold makes your skin feel!

December 05, 2009

I really liked this product, Thanks Chickadvisor!!!!!!!!! It is the only body butter that made my skin feel smooth, and moisturized. My skin was dry and flaky but after I used I noticed a difference after just a few times I put it on. The products looks and feels great, and I would definitely buy it again and I recommend it for anyone who has dry skin. :)

December 04, 2009

I got this product to review through the review club (thanks chick advisor!) and I really like it.
    It makes your skin amazingly smooth and really works on dry skin too. It absorbs quite well for a body butter and is not sticky or overly greasy. I find that with this product I can even skip a few days because I find that the softness stays since it really is moisturizing.
    At first I was not really into the scent, but I have found that is has grown on me the more that I have used it. i will defiantly buy the body shop body butter again, but I will pick a different scent (like wild cherry!)

December 04, 2009

I received the Body Shop Shea Body Butter via Product Review Club. I absolutely loved this body butter. It feels luscious on your skin, and it does not become sticky. Usually with other body butters, I have the problem of stickiness. But with this body butter, the application is smooth and my skin soaks up the product quickly and effectively. I have been using it for a while now and my skin has already changed. It feels soft and moisturized even without the butter. I will absolutely buy the Shea Body Butter again. I found only one con in this product: it's masculine scent. It smells like men's cologne a bit and it was a bit of an annoyance in the beginning, but I got used to it and found that spraying perfume on myself made the smell disappear whilst still gaining all the benefit of moisturizing and hydrating. Everyone needs to try this product out, especially for rough patches on elbows, knees and legs.

QUICK TIP: If you are going to wear anything that bares your legs or skin, mix the body butter with a tad of bronzer. The color from the bronzer and the luminous shine that comes from the body butter gives you amazing results, making your skin look flawless and gives it a glow.

Have fun with your Shea Body Butter, girls! Enjoy!

December 04, 2009

Thanks product review club and The Body Shop for sending me this product to review! I've always been a big supporter of The Body Shop because of their community trade program, natural ingredients, and high quality products.
    I've been using this product for about a week. The Shea Body Butter works great for dry skin. This time of year is when my skin is the most dry. The butter is a very thick consistency so a little goes a far way. I really liked this especially for my knees and heels, it was amazing how much it healed these especially dry areas! The product sinks into your skin and my skin stayed moisturized all day.
    I didn't really like the smell. I agree with the others who have said it is slightly masculine. The other butters I have tried had a much better smell. However, it's not extremely strong and I usually just used the product before bed anyway.
    I have seen many competitor body butters who have tried to copy The Body Shop- and those definately do not compare. If your looking for a body butter this is definately worth the price. When this runs out, I'll definately purchase another one- but probably in a different scent! (The mango smells delicious!)

December 04, 2009

The Body Shop's body butter had always been my first love. I love their creamy texture, the way they smell on your skin and pillow when you are about to drift off to sleep, and how much they heal extra-dry skin.

But one of the things I always loved most about The Body Shop body butter was the variety and genuine smell of fruit, flower, etc.

This is why I was very disappointed about the Shea Body Butter. The smell is pleasant, but it is very masculine in nature. It reminds me of my grand-father's Old Spice - when I would sit on his lap he would smell just like this body butter. I guess you can say I like this body butter, because I associate it with my nostalgic memories, but really, I would never buy it for a woman, because the strong scent gives me a headache and lacks femininity. And from the range of body butters available at the Body Shop I would never buy this for 20 dollars when they are so many other flirtatious and fun scents to be had.

I would recommend buying this for men, because of its masculine-appeal. I think your bf, husband, or even, father is going to love this as his holiday stocking stuffer.

Thanks ChickAdvisor!
    This body butter is exactly what I have been looking for! A lotion that actually coats your skin, and pulls in all the moisturizer. My hands get very dry in the winter, and already they look cracked and dry. This body butter saved the day! After about a week of using it about twice a day, my hands are looking so much better. I LOVE the smell as well. It's perfect to add a little subtle scent for the day. I would definately buy it again, but I would prefer to ask for it as a gift because its a little too pricey for me, but given the size of the container I hope it will last a long time. Another benefit of this product is that it is ethically sourced, and provides back to other communities. Very awesome product by Body Shop!

December 03, 2009

This lotion was a real treat to try. It made my skin feel very smooth and relieved my dry skin of it's itchy rough texture. Also has a very lovely scent, I do recomment this product it's a wonderful thing to have at hand especially in the winter.

December 03, 2009

This body butter is great. I've bought stuff form the body shop before, which is always a bit expensive, but it works well. Makes your skin feel really smooth and I guess that's the whole point. Scent is alright, I've used mango in the past which I like better.

Give it try :)