CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Reviews

Ranked #219 out of 1025 in Facial Cleansers

CeraVe hydrating cleanser is a vital part of a daily skin care routine. It gently removes dirt, oil, and makeup without disrupting the skin's natural protective barrier. It patented MVE formulation helps essential ingredients penetrate deep into the skin to hydrate and nourish.

March 26, 2017

I have combination skin and I decided to try this because I've heard good things about it, but I don't think it works too well for combination skin.

It may be a matter of preference, but I really did not like the form this was in; it's like a cream. I don't really feel clean after I wash my face with this so I usually wash it around 2 times. It's unscented which I like, and it absolutely does not irritate my skin.

It feels nice and soft on my skin, but around my nose area, I feel like it does not clean the oil at all. It moisturizes but is not very effective at cleaning. It could be effective, but it doesn't feel that way on my skin.

The bottle lasts a very long time! It's like an oil free gel-like cream, so you actually need to use a bit more for your whole face, but it somehow lasted me a year even though I use it morning and night, which is very impressive. I probably will not buy this again because I don't think it's worth the price and it's nothing special. However, I think this would for very well for people with sensitive, dry skin because of how moisturizing it is.Probably not a good idea for oily/combination skin.

March 19, 2017

This cleanser is super gentle on the skin. I use it after I remove my makeup and it leaves my skin feeling fresh. I love how it does not irritate the skin and is gentle around the eyes.

March 06, 2017

I had used this product for about 5 months. At first, i really loved this cleanser. As time went on it started to burn my face. I found that kind of funny as it says "hydrating". I do have VERY sensitive dry skin, so maybe that's the cause? I stopped using this and started using Cetaphil, which seems to be more gentle on my skin. CeraVe might work so others, but it destroyed my skin for awhile there.

February 28, 2017

This is my FAV cleanser!!! I have tried many different cleansers that I liked and didn't like in the past, but this one tops the cake for me! It's such a gentle, yet effective cleanser that doesn't leave my skin feeling dry and/or irritated. I use it at morning and night, then I follow with the CeraVe moisturizer. I usually wet my face just a little and gently massage the cleanser all over my face for a few minutes, then I rinse with lukewarm water.

February 26, 2017

I purchased this product on the advise of my dermatologist along with the cream and lotion. I used the cleanser once, and I was astounded at the positive effect it had on my face. It performed so well that I did not need to follow with a moisturizer. Now I keep it in the shower, and I use it daily. A fantastic product. I have yet to use the cream and lotion. Not required!

February 01, 2017

this is the best drugstore soap free cleanser i have used till date. specially during winters its a great cleanser for my dry skin which becomes more dry with the regular heating inside the house/ buildings . it has ceramides which are very good for skin . its actually hydrating but not a great option to wash off your makeup with this. i use this as my morning cleanser and in the night when i dont use makeup.

January 14, 2017

I have very dry skin and have been on the hunt for a moisturizing cleanser for years. I purchased this cleanser a few months ago and use it twice daily. I have found that my face is more moisturized than it has ever been, and I am very happy with this product. I would definitely buy it again and recommend it to those who suffer from dry skin.

January 06, 2017

This is my holy grail cleanser! It removes all my makeup without making my face feel stripped. It has done wonders for my acne also, I have dry sensitive skin and have no issues with breakouts since using this product. I only wish I would have tried it sooner would have saved me a lot of money and frustration.

0.5/5

November 13, 2016

I tried this and for some reason I just did not like it. I can't understand why, but it really made my skin itch so there obviously was something in it that just did not agree with me. It probably is okay though for a lot of others. It just did not work for me, so I gave it away.

November 12, 2016

I picked up a sample of this from my dermatologist. It sat in a drawer for a few months until I started dealing with dry skin under my eyes. They were so dry they began to crack. I dug this product out and before you knew it my skin started to heal back up. The best part was I experienced to stinging or discomfort while using this. I have since picked up the full sized product because I don't want to use anything else!