NIVEA Pearly Shine Lip Balm Reviews

Ranked #6 out of 787 in Lip Balm

• Leaves your lips irresistibly smooth and well protected against dryness
• Brings out the natural beauty of your lips with a pearly shimmer
• Contains Pearl and Silk Extracts

For more information, please visit NIVEA.

September 28, 2016

I really like using this product. I love to use lip balms, but prefer to have a color on my lips. This really gives me the best of both worlds. It it very smooth, keeping my lips feel silky as well as always colored.

September 28, 2016

This lip balm wasn't one of my favorites. I didn't realize that it was "shiny" until after I bought it. It is good if you are looking for more than a lip balm. Found my lips were still getting chapped very frequently.

September 25, 2016

I didn't care for this lip balm. It smelled quite strongly of perfume, which is not good considering it's sitting right under my nose. I found it hard to tolerate without getting into a coughing fit.

This lip balm did not moisturize my lips. All I ask of a lip balm is that it hydrates my lips, and additionally, does not dry them out. This failed on both counts. Perhaps it was due to the fact that it's trying to have a "pearly shine", thereby adding some sort of drying ingredients, but this really didn't feel comfortable. I don't have overly dry lips in the first place, but this sucked the life right out of them.

This does have a sheen to it, which, if you're looking for that sort of thing, I suppose you may like. However, I found it looked extremely superficial and unappealing, particularly when paired with the dryness. My lips looked like sandpaper with bits of chunky shimmer sticking to the flaky bits. It was not a good look.

Maybe some of the other Nivea lip balms are better than this one. I'd be willing to try a different formula, provided the ingredients are different than this, but this lip balm was a complete miss for me.

September 22, 2016

I was torn with this lip balm... I thought it would be great to have a wee bit of a shine and colour during the day, instead of lipstick. My lips are always dry - this balm made them feel moist, however, I hated the shine. It was too white and in pictures my lips look so pale and shiny - like I ate vanilla ice cream and didn't wipe my lips. Disappointed with the colour but liked the feel of it applied.

September 21, 2016

I really did not care for this product! I have chronic dry lips so I always look for a lip balm that will moisturize my lips (I don't mind if it is a temporary moisturizer either, as long as it moisturizes my lips right away). Unfortunately, this did not moisturize my lips at all! It left a grainy texture on my lips and the pearly shine just did not look good on my lips. It left a white cast that was not flattering at all. I really love some of the other Nivea lip balms, but this is definitely not one of them.

September 14, 2016

Love,, love, love this stuff. it is my go to whenever my lips are dry and it looks like lipstick which is great as I do not wear alot of makeup. I would recommend this highly.

September 11, 2016

i first used this stuff years ago. i love the packaging and the color pay off is great. very moisurizing and for the price its great. i use it here and there and its always in my purse

August 15, 2016

This product was a miss for me; I have a Nivea lip balm in every single pocket, purse and room but this one just did not seem to be as moisturizing as the other ones...additionally, the pearly sheen was not as great as I imagined, too metallic.

July 05, 2016

This is a normal, good, lip balm but the pearly colour made me look like a dead person lol. Way too light for me, made my lips the lightest things in my face which is just plain weird. Lol

July 03, 2016

I've tried out a few lip balms and I honesty love how the Nivea pearly shine lip balm keeps my lips hydrated. But the only downfall to it is I don't like how pearly pink it makes my lips look.

jujusamples has started a new forum topic
Beauty Products

jujusamples has posted in the forum topic
Advent calender

KieliAnne has posted in the forum topic
SINGLE AT CHRISTMAS

KieliAnne added a new review for
Lysol Disinfecting Wipes

Khaleesi86 has posted in the forum topic
Gelaze

TiaQ added a new review for
Baby Cubes - 70 ml