Requiem for a Dream (2000)

Requiem for a Dream (2000) Reviews

Ranked #360 out of 973 in DVD

January 29, 2016

Very hardcore movie. Really opens your eyes to how bad addiction can be.

January 29, 2016

A cult classic! One of my favourite movies of all time.
It shows first hand how drugs can slowly take over the
lives of people. It's a dark story about different people
who struggle with their addictions. Jared Leto you are
Amazing!!

April 09, 2015

This movie really creeped me out and made me want to NEVER do drugs ever! The music fits so perfectly with the movie it's amazing. The acting is just fantastic, and the actors really stuck to their roles and played them well. Such a dark and twisted movie showing the effects of what drugs do to you.

April 09, 2015

Great movie! I've seen it numerous times and each time I pick up on something different. It gives a glimpse into addiction in different forms. From drugs to beauty, weight and the search for eternal youth this movie shows how quickly things can spiral out of ones control.

April 09, 2015

I think this movie is definitely considered a cult classic. I only watched it for the first time about a year ago, and have been a huge fan of Leto (musically) for over a decade.

It's a movie about drug addiction, simply put. This movie follows the lives of four drug addicts. Ellen Burstyn was excellent in this movie. I am happy to state that Jared Leto also gave an outstanding performance, and this was easily Jennifer Connolly's best.

This movie is disturbing, depressing, yet incredibly beautiful. It left me feeling raw and incredibly appreciative of my life. I will have to watch again to really appreciate what happened.