Prestige Item
Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Mascara Reviews

Benefit they're real! Mascara is a jet-black mascara that lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts and separates lashes for a spectacular "out-to-here" look. This exclusive brush is specifically designed to maximize the performance of the long-wearing glossy formula-revealing lashes you never knew you had. Staggered bristles grab close to the root, boosting length & volume beyond belief. Visit benefitscosmetics.com for more information.
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award 2016
    2.7/5

July 16, 2019
    Oxfordshire, United Kingdom

My holy grail...3 years ago

If I had reviewed this product 3 years ago, I would have ranted and raved about its lengthening and defining properties. It literally made me look like a doll - and coming from someone who gets no results from 99.9% of mascaras. However, the last few I've had have been awful. Benefit seem to have changed their formula, making the mascara to be dry and unworkable. I initially thought I'd bought a fake but after having many since, I'm now sure this product is not my holy grail anymore.

July 15, 2019
    Southampton, United Kingdom

Amazing!

It makes your lashes really long and create an amazing big, bold amount of thickness! I definitely recommend this mascara to everyone who will see this! I guarantee that this mascara will work on your lashes. It has a lovely deep, dark, black pigment which helps your beautiful long lashes stand out wonderfully!

July 14, 2019
    Fife, United Kingdom

Unreal effects!

This mascara is totally unbelievable! I look like I'm wearing false eyelashes when I wear it. The effects are so dramatic. I absolutely love it and get lots of compliments when I wear it. It's great!

July 03, 2019

Makes my eyelashes look amazing!

I got a sample of this mascara online and I love it sooo much. It adds length and volume to my lashes without being clumpy. I’m for sure going to buy a full-size one when my sample runs out!

July 02, 2019
    Florida, United States

The best mascara I have ever used

This mascara truly sealed my fate as a Bene-babe for life. I had used Lancome mascara exclusively for 20 years. I received They're Real mascara as a sample from Birchbox and gave it a try. The applicator is so amazing it gets every single lash on the top and bottom lids, and the mascara itself lasts all day without running or making dark circles under my eyes. The full size is around thirty bucks, but I normally buy the $12 mini and it lasts me about a month. That way I always have fresh product. I love Benefit cosmetics, they really have some products that are absolutely must haves and this is definitely one of them.

June 16, 2019

Great mascara

I really like the way this mascara makes my eyelashes so long and full. It really does make them look like your wearing fake lashes. The price is a little expensive so I only use it for special occasions. I would recommend this product.

June 08, 2019

Affordable Oomp

Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real lengthening mascara is a gem. They makes my brown eyes pop. It’s a staple in my makeup bag. It’s affordable and allows me to add a bit of a oomph to my look in two quick strokes.

June 04, 2019
    Saskatchewan, Canada

Length but to much clump for me

When it comes to mascara I am
    Super picky, I want length and darkening but no clumps or thickness, almost like a dye to my natural lashes. I often wash the wand half off and use as a tint. If thickness is alright it’s an alright mascara definitely adds length

May 25, 2019

Wonderful Mascara!

A while back I received a free sample sized version of Benefits 'They're Real' Mascara to try out. I have to say this mascara gives my lashes a nice deep black look, and makes them visibly look more enhanced in length/volume while having minimal issues with clumps or lashes sticking together. It's easily become my favourite go-to mascara!

May 14, 2019

Long lasting

This product really works makes your lashes look longer and doesn’t flake around the eye. Also lasts all day looking as if you had just applied it. I would most definitely purchase this product and tell my friends about it. Great mascara!!!