• Clarins Extra-Comfort Anti-Pollution Cleansing Cream
Amazing

Clarins Extra-Comfort Anti-Pollution Cleansing Cream Reviews

Ranked #662 out of 993 in Facial Cleansers

May 14, 2016

Received this as a sample from SDM and tried it but as I suspected, it didn't take my eye makeup off, so I ended up looking like a racoon and had to fish out some eye makeup remover to finish the job. Basically this felt like an updated version of the old makeup remover cream as it left a bit of a residue on the skin too. Since I like my face wash to take off my eye makeup, I won't be recommending this one. But if that isn't a concern and you have drier skin you might like this one.

April 16, 2014

If you like cream cleanser you will love the luxury of this one. The scent is subtle but so wonderful I'd love it as a body lotion or perfume. The cleanser is thick and creamy. I put a layer on my face in the bath and it felt so nice to massage it into my skin. The texture is truly luxurious. There is a very specific way you are supposed to wash your face with this, according the package. The following instructions are from their website:

"Use your hands to make fast suction-like motions by quickly pressing down and removing hands. Repeat seven times, working from the center of the face towards the outside, then repeat five times on each side of the neck. The cleanser thickens and produces a "suction" effect that releases and eliminates make-up, impurities and traces of pollution without irritating the skin or disturbing tissues."

I'm sure there is a good amount of science behind that method, but I tend to wash my face the same way regardless of the product (lather, massage, rinse).

I absolutely loved using this on my skin, but for my eye makeup I had mascara all over the place. I even washed my eyes again, but still had major raccoon eyes. For that reason I think this is better to use during your morning shower when you aren't wearing makeup or in conjunction with eye makeup remover.

It's a pricy cleanser at $44 CAD, but as I said it's a very luxurious product and you will really feel like you are pampering yourself when you use it. I was lucky enough to receive a free sample from the brand.