Zoya MatteVelvet

Zoya MatteVelvet Reviews

Ranked #1138 out of 1413 in Nail Polish

April 28, 2016

Love love love this brand. I first picked it up at my hair salon. It's pricey! But gorgeous finish, and the shades are endless. I have one colour I'm crazy about...it's a orangey pink for summer! It wears very well too!

January 08, 2016

I've gotten these as samples, and it is by far one of my favourite brands for polish at the moment! In love! Stays on great!

November 04, 2014

I have always been a fan of textured polishes but ZOYA knocks it out of the park with the finish of the MatteVelvet. No need for a top coat, either. I'm about it.

February 05, 2012

Disappointment! The polish was hard to apply., not very opaque on the first coat, yet hard to apply without clumping for the second. I did not set this with a top coat as I did not want to take away from the finish of this matte polish. It would defy the purpose. It chips within hours! Hours! I have had the exact same issue with many similar matte polishes. Not worth it.

September 28, 2009

Zoya is great for coming out with fashion-forward products but I'm not sure I'm totally on board with their new collection MatteVelvet. I think the matte texture concept is a cool alternative to the normal shiny finish and looks good the first day. But after the 2nd day it starts to chip away and not in the cool way (yes there is such a thing!). It's not just a tiny chip but chips so big it looks like you haven't done your nails in a month! I also have normally dry hands so I felt like it enhanced that. I do prefer Zoya's over OPI's matte versions though. You're not supposed to apply a base or top coat or else it will lose the matte effect, but I find without a base it will stain your nails if it's a dark colour and without a top coat it doesn't last long. Apparently OPI has a top coat for matte polishes which I haven't tried yet so it might make a difference...My favourite colour out of the collection is Posh, a ruby red with tiny silver flecks. I'd recommend if you like to change your polish often and don't care about chipping and if you love trendy new things.