4.1/5
Bio-Oil Reviews
#2 in Body Oil

Bio-Oil is the #1 selling scar and stretch mark product in Canada*:
*according to Bio-Oil

• Use for scars (acne or surgical, cuts or scraps) and stretch marks (due to weight loss/gain, growth spurts)
  • Also used for uneven skin tone (dark spots/sun damage), aging (aging spots) and dehydrated skin; as well as nail and cuticle care, hair care, and after sun and burn care

• A light 'dry oil' that is non greasy and rapidly absorbed
  • Contains a combination of vitamins (A and E) and natural plant oils (Lavender, Calendula, Chamomile, and Rosemary).
  • Contains Purcellin OilTM  which reduces the thickness of the formula and ensure ingredients go where most needed.

• Safe for pregnant women before, during, and after pregnancy for scars and stretch marks
  • Suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin
  • Hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, and non-acnegenic

For more information visit www.bio-oil.com
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2019

January 01, 2022
    United Kingdom

Life saver

throughout my whole pregnancy i used bio oil twice a day for my stretch marks, i didn’t develop one in 9 months and i would say it’s down to this amazing stuff, i also used it after birth on my belly and it has helped significantly.

December 29, 2021

got rid of my scar in one week!!!

Bio oil has been a staple in my bathroom cabinet for years. It is a great hydration oil to implement in your skin care routine, but I specifically use it to heal any blemishes or scars. Recently I had skin burned off underneath my eyebrow from waxing. As soon as I noticed, I applied a generous amount both in AM and PM after my moisturizer. I found that this sped up my healing time and the scab and scar disapearred in just under one week.

August 13, 2021

Great for scars, not great on skin.

It definitely did its job on healing a scar but it was a mistake to attempt to use it for any other purpose. The label gives multiple uses but really Bio-oil is meant to be used to heal scars and it does that well.

August 02, 2021

Amazing!

I love this product! My skin is very dry and he manages to leave it hydrated, soft and glowing beautifully. I have been using it for a long time and even on the hottest days.

July 25, 2021

It works!

After having kids, gaining weight and of course obtaining a few stretch marks... I became self conscious. However, over the past few months I've started to use this product. You definitely have to be consistent with use
    but in the end it does work and help with stretch marks and the look of old scars.

July 24, 2021
    Republic of Moldova

Great product!!!

This oil helped me a lot from the first moment I used it (12 weeks onwards). I already had stretch marks from my previous pregnancy and they were showing more and more with this one. It hasn't erased all of the stretch marks, but you have to get really close to see them and that's a pretty good thing. It has made my skin elastic and resists well the growth that is needed to finish the pregnancy. Definitely, a product that does not cost much and that does what it promises.

July 22, 2021
    North Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Didn't prevent my stretch marks at All but must try to get r

I used this from I was 8 weeks pregnant right through but to be honest it didn't stop me getting stretch marks. The smell is very nice and it makes your skin lovely and soft. It is very easy to apply and it just glides over your skin. But I have heard it helps get rid of stretch marks so I might buy it to see I it gets rid of then abit.

May 18, 2021

Effective- high end

Though both dermatologists recommend the Bio-Oil to treat stretch marks, Amazon customers have also found that it works for a wide variety of skin issues. Bio-Oil is considered safe to use on your face as long as you're not allergic to any of its ingredients or to essential oils. Both anecdotal and scientific evidence suggests that Bio-Oil may help reduce the appearance of scars, help reduce hyperpigmentation, and soften wrinkles

May 11, 2021
    New York, United States

I would buy this again if my stretch marks start bother me

I started using bio oil in my early teens because I started to notice stretch marks and felt insecure about them. This helped to fade them and I think because of it I never experienced really dark ones. They have faded and aren’t as noticeable from a distance or when I take pictures. I stopped using it randomly because I got comfortable with how they look but for someone hoping to prevent them from worsening this works well.

May 06, 2021

I'm testing it out

I have been using this product once in a while over the last couple of months. Although it is supposed to be good for reducing the apparence of stretch marks, I am still yet to see the results. I have severe stretch marks all over my body, which I cannog get rid of. This oil did help with reducing strawberry legs though.