Schmidt's Rose + Vanilla Natural Deodorant Reviews

New Brunswick, Canada

Love the wonderful scent

I received this product for testing and reviewing purposes #gotitfree from @Chickadvisor love the rose and vanilla scent of this wonderful product that lasts all day long goes on a little gritty but that doesn't bother me I'm happy that it's natural without any chemicals it's a lot safer than some of alternative products I've tried in the past I will surely be purchasing this product and would recommend it to anyone at anytime

I can't stand the scent

I received a sample of this to review from Chick Advisor. Personally, I'm not a fan of the scent. I hate florals and when I saw that there was vanilla in this scent, I was hoping it would smell more vanilla-y, but this is a very strong rose scent. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with scent sensitivities because the first day I wore it I kept catching whiffs of roses all day. I don't notice it as much now when I wear it but I hate applying it in the morning as I really dislike smelling it. The texture looks really weird but it applies okay and you barely notice the textural difference while applying between this and a normal deodorant. I've noticed he scent also really lingers on clothing too.

1.7/5

Natural Deodorant

This natural deodorant has an amazinggg scent which you’ll fall in love with and be excited to use, to which the scent last awhile. However, since it is natural the texture of it is really grainy and hurts really bad when applying. The instructions say to let it sit on armpit to warm up then proceed to rub on, all though I find that doesn’t help. If you think your armpit can handle the roughness then I’d say go for it! It’s always good to use natural products when you can.

November 28, 2020

Very nice scent but not good for much else

The smell of the product is very nice actually. It's mild but beautiful, very appealing. However upon using it, I found it very rough on my skin. It almost hurts to use. I also don't feel it lasts long. I feel sweaty again after about an hour, so it doesn't do its job as it's meant to. The only thing I find impressive is the scent.

Works great!

I've tried quite a few deodorants over the years and have become more and more concerned about the chemicals that some of them contain, especially aluminum. That's why I was so glad to have received a sample of the Schmidt's Rose + Vanilla natural deodorant from ChickAdvisor.

It's not only free of aluminum but also of propylene glycol, parabens, phthalates, and artificial fragrances. This particular scent is a sweet floral, which lasts quite a long time considering it comes from essential oils. The color is not your typical white but a light brown shade and the texture is somewhat grainy, most possibly due to the baking soda that's in it. If you don't know, baking soda is effective at absorbing and trapping odors.

I'm glad to say I was really impressed with how well it worked at preventing odor and my underarm skin felt moisturized after the very first use. The fragrance lasted for hours and although the texture is grainy, it didn't cause any discomfort or irritation. Most importantly, I had the peace of mind that I was only putting natural and beneficial ingredients on my skin! I'll definitely consider purchasing a full-sized product once I finish this sample!!

Love the scent.

I tried it and I have to say I loved the scent but the texture messed with my head. I will continue to use it. This is my first experience with an natural deodorant and I am impressed. The scent stayed with me all day. It wasn't overpowering at all. I think if they have lavender I will give that a try. Kept me nice and dry too.

3.2/5

November 27, 2020

Smells great but feels gritty

When I used this product, I read the label and held it in my hands for a few minutes to "warm up the formula" as instructed. However, I found myself asking why the need to begin with, seeing as no other deoderant requires this prior to application? Regardless, I did as instructed, and applied. When I opened it, the smell was very pleasant without being overbearing. However, when I applied it I almost thought the plastic must have been broken, for it didn't glide on like typical deoderants. After double-checking that it indeed wasn't broken, I realized the gritty, sandpaper-like feel was the deoderant itself and because of that, application felt strange. It was very effective and kept me dry throughout the day, but I can't seem to get used to the application no matter how many times I try.

Smells so Good!!

My favourite thing about this product is that it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. I've always had trouble finding a deodorant that doesn't cause irritation, and this is the one product that doesn't do so. I'm also in love with the smell!

I like, don’t love

I like the fact that this deodorant is natural. It smells decent, it holds up during the day. But I can’t stand the texture of it. It feels like wet sand. I recommend if that won’t bother you.

1.5/5

Loved the scent but..

The scent is what sold me on this product. Rose and Vanilla are 2 of my favorite scents. I was excited to try it, as I want to get away from using anti perspirants and into more natural products. Unfortunately, the product did not work for me. I really wanted it to work for me. Using it working from home being away from people is fine, but I could never wear this to work or out in public as I would sweat and get really bad BO.
    I expected a lot better from all of the reviews and hype about this product. Maybe natural deodorants are just not for me.